The Wisdom of Ann Coulter

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

The Wisdom of Ann Coulter

Postby Slam » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:31 am

After the September 11 attack masterminded by a terrorist hoping to spark a religious war, virtually every official and pundit knew better than to take the bait. Except for conservative commentator Ann Coulter, who wrote in a syndicated column on September 12 that in responding to terrorists "we should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."
The column outraged the public, but conservatives, including National Review editor Richard Lowry, ascribed Coulter's column to grief over the loss of a friend in the attacks. But the following week, Coulter was at it again: "Congress could pass a law tomorrow requiring that all aliens from Arabic countries leave....We should require passports to fly domestically. Passports can be forged, but they can also be checked with the home country in case of any suspicious-looking swarthy males." This time Lowry spiked her column. Coulter responded by calling Lowry and his staff censorious "girly boys." Lowry then dropped her as a contributing editor. Other conservative leaders also condemned her comments.

What's curious is that Coulter's comments aren't all that different, in tone and style, from hundreds of others she's made over the years. But in the past, her ire was directed at her domestic political enemies---for which she drew fulsome praise from conservatives. Last year, the Media Research Center presented Coulter with its "Conservative Journalist of the Year" award. The Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute bestowed upon her its annual conservative leadership award "for her unfailing dedication to truth, freedom and conservative values and for being an exemplar, in word and deed, of what a true leader is."

Coulter is spinning her downfall as a new kind of terrorist-war McCarthyism. "People are hysterical about speech right now," she told The Washington Post's Howard Kurtz. "Everyone's comments are being taken out of context and wildly misinterpreted." At the risk of further de-contextualization, here are some of Coulter's past comments:

"[Clinton] masturbates in the sinks."---Rivera Live 8/2/99

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"---Hannity & Colmes, 6/20/01

The "backbone of the Democratic Party" is a "typical fat, implacable welfare recipient"---syndicated column 10/29/99

To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."---MSNBC

"Women like Pamela Harriman and Patricia Duff are basically Anna Nicole Smith from the waist down. Let's just call it for what it is. They're whores."---Salon.com 11/16/00

Juan Gonzales is "Cuba's answer to Joey Buttafuoco," a "miscreant," "sperm-donor," and a "poor man's Hugh Hefner."---Rivera Live 5/1/00

On Princess Diana's death: "Her children knew she's sleeping with all these men. That just seems to me, it's the definition of 'not a good mother.' ... Is everyone just saying here that it's okay to ostentatiously have premarital sex in front of your children?"..."[Diana is] an ordinary and pathetic and confessional - I've never had bulimia! I've never had an affair! I've never had a divorce! So I don't think she's better than I am."---MSNBC 9/12/97

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote."---Hannity & Colmes, 8/17/99

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote."---Politically Incorrect, 2/26/01

"If you don't hate Clinton and the people who labored to keep him in office, you don't love your country."---George, 7/99

"We're now at the point that it's beyond whether or not this guy is a horny hick. I really think it's a question of his mental stability. He really could be a lunatic. I think it is a rational question for Americans to ask whether their president is insane."---Equal Time

"It's enough [to be impeached] for the president to be a pervert."---The Case Against Bill Clinton, Coulter's 1998 book.

"Clinton is in love with the erect penis."---This Evening with Judith Regan, Fox News Channel 2/6/00

"I think we had enough laws about the turn-of-the-century. We don't need any more." Asked how far back would she go to repeal laws, she replied, "Well, before the New Deal...[The Emancipation Proclamation] would be a good start."---Politically Incorrect 5/7/97

"If they have the one innocent person who has ever to be put to death this century out of over 7,000, you probably will get a good movie deal out of it."---MSNBC 7/27/97

"If those kids had been carrying guns they would have gunned down this one [child] gunman. ... Don't pray. Learn to use guns."---Politically Incorrect, 12/18/97

"The presumption of innocence only means you don't go right to jail."---Hannity & Colmes 8/24/01

"I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood to be flogged publicly."---MSNBC 3/22/97

"Originally, I was the only female with long blonde hair. Now, they all have long blonde hair."---CapitolHillBlue.com 6/6/00

"I am emboldened by my looks to say things Republican men wouldn't."---TV Guide 8/97

"Let's say I go out every night, I meet a guy and have sex with him. Good for me. I'm not married."---Rivera Live 6/7/00

"Anorexics never have boyfriends. ... That's one way to know you don't have anorexia, if you have a boyfriend."---Politically Incorrect 7/21/97

"I think [Whitewater]'s going to prevent the First Lady from running for Senate."---Rivera Live 3/12/99

"My track record is pretty good on predictions."---Rivera Live 12/8/98

"The thing I like about Bush is I think he hates liberals."---Washington Post 8/1/00

On Rep. Christopher Shays (d-CT) in deciding whether to run against him as a Libertarian candidate: "I really want to hurt him. I want him to feel pain."---Hartford Courant 6/25/99

"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster. "---Beyond the News, Fox News Channel, 6/4/00

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."---MSNBC 2/8/97

"You want to be careful not to become just a blowhard."---Washington Post 10/16/98

Source: The Washington Monthly
Slam
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:42 am

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE that bitch!!!
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Romeo247 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:48 am

patriot wrote:I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE that bitch!!!

mayhem!!! (modern day amen) ;-)
Whats the #1 cause of divorce?? MARRIAGE
---- Fact
Romeo247
BFCus Regularus

Postby Marco_Benoit » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:50 am

Ann Coulter is no different than those celebrity wannabes that do one outrageous thing after another to attract attention. Why else would anyone care to hear what this sick looking woman says?
Last edited by Marco_Benoit on Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marco_Benoit
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:32 am

Why? Do you HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Maureen Dowd? Or Michael Moore? Or Paul Krugman? Or how about Kos? Or is your hatred limited to only right wing ideologues?
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Yusuf » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:41 am

Marco_Benoit wrote:Ann Coulter is no different than those celebrity wannabes that do one outrageous thing after another to attract attention. Why else would anyone care to hear what this sick looking women says?

No kidding. Just saying outrageous things to get and stay on TV, sell books, and cause arguments and contraversy.

Hmmm... can you think of anyone else that says extremely authoritarian things just to cause arguments?
'Forgive him who wrongs you; join him who cuts you off; do good to him who does evil to you, and speak the truth although it be against yourself.'

-Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
Yusuf

Well

Postby Ciarrai » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:44 am

Soundbyte time

"(1) Dan Rather is not an honest newsman who was simply duped by extremely clever forgeries; and

(2) We could have won the Vietnam War.

A basic canon of journalism is not to place all your faith in a lunatic stuck on something that happened years ago who hates the target of your story and has been babbling nonsense about him for years. And that's true even if you yourself are a lunatic stuck on something that happened years ago (an on-air paddling from Bush 41) who hates the target of your own story and has been babbling nonsense about him for years, Dan.

CBS' sole source authenticating the forged National Guard documents is Bill Burkett, who's about as sane as Margot Kidder was when they dragged her filthy, toothless butt out of somebody's shrubs a few years back. Burkett has compared Bush to Hitler and Napoleon, and rambles on about Bush's "demonic personality shortcomings." (This would put Burkett on roughly the same page as Al Gore.)

According to USA Today, an interview with Burkett ended when he "suffered a violent seizure and collapsed in his chair" – an exit strategy Dan Rather has been eyeing hungrily all week, I'm sure. Burkett admits to having nervous breakdowns and having been hospitalized for depression.

At a minimum, the viewing public should have been informed that CBS' sole "unimpeachable" source of the forged anti-Bush records was textbook crank Bill Burkett in order to evaluate the information. ("Oh no, not that guy again!") The public would know to use the same skeptical eye it uses to watch the "CBS Evening News With Dan Rather" itself.

Whoever forged these documents should not only be criminally prosecuted, but should also have his driver's license taken away for the stupidity of using Microsoft Word to forge 1971 documents.

And yet this was the evidence CBS relied on to accuse a sitting president of a court martial-level offense 50 days before a presidential election.

As of Sept. 20, Dan Rather says he still believes the documents are genuine and says he wants to be the one to break the story if the documents are fake. (Dan might want to attend to that story after his exclusive report on the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.) Rather is also eagerly awaiting some other documents Burkett says he has that prove Bush is a brainwashed North Korean spy.

By now, the only possibilities are: (1) Dan Rather knew he was foisting forgeries on the nation to try to change a presidential election or (2) "Kenneth" inflicted some real brain damage when he hit Rather in the head back in 1986.

Liberals keep telling us to "move on" from the CBS scandal – which means we're really onto something. They act surprised and insist this incident was a freak occurrence – an unfortunate mistake in the twilight of a great newsman's career.

To the contrary, such an outrageous fraud was inevitable given the mendacity and outright partisanship of the press.

Burkett didn't come to CBS; CBS found Burkett. Rather's producer, Mary Mapes, called Joe Lockhart at the Kerry campaign and told him he needed to talk to Burkett. Lockhart himself is the apotheosis of the media-DNC complex, moving in and out of Democratic campaigns and jobs with the mainstream media, including at ABC, NBC and CNN.

CBS was attempting to manipulate a presidential election in wartime. What if CBS had used better forgeries? What if – like Bush's 30-year-old DUI charge – the media had waited 72 hours before the election to air this character assassination?

There is one reason CBS couldn't wait until just before the election to put these forgeries on the air: It would be too late. Kerry was crashing and burning – because of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. (Funny that the Swift Boat veterans haven't been able to get on Kerry PR agency CBS News.)

Despite a total blackout on the Swift Boat Veterans in the mainstream media, the Swifties had driven Kerry's poll numbers into the dirt long before the Republican National Convention – proving once again that it's almost impossible for liberals to brainwash people who can read.

Even the New York Times had to stop ignoring the No. 1 book on its own best-seller list, "Unfit for Command," in order to run front-page articles attacking the Swift Boat Veterans.

The "Today" show has given Kitty Kelley a chair next to Katie Couric until Election Day. (It's now Day Seven of Kelley's refusal to produce records concerning charges that she is in the final stages of syphilitic dementia.) At least they're more likely to get the truth in Kitty Kelley's book than in Doug Brinkley's "Tour of Duty." But Katie hasn't had time to interview the Swift Boat veterans.

CBS showcased laughable forgeries obtained from a man literally foaming at the mouth in order to accuse the president of malfeasance. But CBS would never put a single one of the 264 Vietnam veterans on the air to say what they knew about Kerry.

The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth show the role of the individual in history. It wasn't Republican strategists who finished Kerry off two months before the election; it was the American people. The Swift Boat veterans came along and kicked Kerry in the shins and no matter how much heat they took, they were brave and wouldn't give up. The veterans who served with Kerry told the truth and the American people listened (as soon as they managed to locate a copy of "Unfit for Command" hidden on one of the back shelves at their local bookstores).

CBS was forced to run a fake story so early in the campaign that it was exposed as a fraud – only because of the Swift Boat vets. These brave men, many of them decorated war heroes, have now not only won the election for Bush, they have ended Dan Rather's career.

It's often said that we never lost a battle in Vietnam, but that the war was lost at home by a seditious media demoralizing the American people. Ironically, the leader of that effort was Rather's predecessor at CBS News, Walter Cronkite, president of the Ho Chi Minh Admiration Society.

It was Cronkite who went on air and lied about the Tet offensive, claiming it was a defeat for the Americans. He told the American people the war was over and we had lost. Ronald Reagan said CBS News officials should have been tried for treason for those broadcasts.

CBS has already lost one war for America. The Swift Boat Vets weren't going to let CBS lose another one.
Ciarrai
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:51 am

Anybody hit that?

Image'
Das a fiiiine pieca white meat...
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby patriot » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:12 am

Why? Do you HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Maureen Dowd? Or Michael Moore? Or Paul Krugman? Or how about Kos? Or is your hatred limited to only right wing ideologues?

Why? Because she is a mean-spirited, abhorrent, trashy, whore.

I'm not familiar with Dowd, Krugman, or Kos, but I do have a distaste for Michael Moore. Just like I have a distatste for any partisan stooge who goes around ranting about the evils of the opposing party. But it's quotes like these that make me furious...

To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."---MSNBC
(This one especially pissed me off. What a fucking cunt. How could you say something like that to a soldier who lost a limb fighting for YOU.)

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote."---Hannity & Colmes, 8/17/99

"If those kids had been carrying guns they would have gunned down this one [child] gunman. ... Don't pray. Learn to use guns."---Politically Incorrect, 12/18/97
(This just makes pro-gun advovates like look crazies.)

"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster. "---Beyond the News, Fox News Channel, 6/4/00

Once again I will reiterate...I HATE THAT FUCKING BITCH!!!
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aegis » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:20 am

that Ann Coulter bitch wrote:To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."---MSNBC
(This one especially pissed me off. What a fucking cunt. How could you say something like that to a soldier who lost a limb fighting for YOU.)

Kipling put it best.

"making mock of uniforms that guard you while you sleep,
is cheaper than them uniforms
and they're starvation cheap.
And hustling drunken soldiers when their going large a bit
is five times better business
than paradin' in full kit."
"[R]emember, Roman, these will be your arts: to teach the ways of peace to those you conquer, to spare defeated peoples, tame the proud."

-Virgil, the Aeneid
Aegis
BFCus Regularus

Location: The dark heart of "Red" Oregon... or I guess its "Blue" Oregon now.

Postby coolio » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:35 am

wtf?

In the wake of Dean's success, the entire Democratic Dream Team is beginning to sound like Dr. Demento. On the basis of their recent pronouncements, the position of the Democratic Party seems to be that Saddam Hussein did not hit us on 9-11, but Halliburton did.

Coulter column: 9/10/03

Sad thing is, the people that seriously read her shit, actually believe this shit.

On lighter note, I'd hit it, but I swear, her vagina probably has teeth.
coolio

Postby patriot » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:46 am

I wouldn't touch that skanky, demonic succubus with a ten foot poll, but I'd love the chance to spit on her...that would be awesome.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Romeo247 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:58 am

Anybody hit that?

Das a fiiiine pieca white meat...

wb ryp missed ya!

more over that kick ass since of humor only u seem to own ;-)
Whats the #1 cause of divorce?? MARRIAGE
---- Fact
Romeo247
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dim » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:06 am

Tarkan wrote:

Although I often agree with Krugmans ideology, and I think he writes pretty well, he does write essentially the same thing every week. Kos is essentially just a point man for the democrats, as is Atrios. I used to read Billmon on a daily basis but he's thrown in the towel. I have no idea who Maureen Dowd is.

I have to say, a lot of the left wing bloggers lost credibilty points with me over the whole CBS forgery scandal - they were all bleating that the documents were real (or forgeries, but BASED on real documents) long after even I admitted they were false. Now they're blaming the whole thing on Karl Rove.

Michael Moore I'm somewhat ambiguous about - I think that as long as you're holding him to the standards of a comedian, not a journalist, you're okay.

He inhabits the same twilight zone that Rush Limbaugh and Coulter do - they lie outrageously, and then when confronted with their falsehood claim they were just kidding and keep on repeating the lie. Rush is by far the worst offender when it comes to this, but for some reason Moore and Coulter come under heavier fire for it.
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is cursed.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Postby Bobby Sands » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:42 am

Is it me, or is this picture doctored? Her arms seem unnaturally long and her hands seem manish. Her head looks like it was Photoshopped onto the torso.

Would I hit that? Knowing what I know about her, probably not. Also, depends on if I would have to spend "quality" time with her afterwards. She strikes me as a needy attention hound. A charmless, unfunny female version of Robin Williams. I get the impression that she would be quite a bitch to have breakfast with the morning after a fling. Without the make-up and 1 hour of hair prep, you will see her true aging, boney self. For breakfast, she probably drinks some stool-softening herbal tea and picks at a slice of canteloupe. I am sure I couldn't enjoy my steak and eggs, because she would be yapping the whole time about how awesome she is, and how lucky I was to bed her. She will probably be critical of my in-bed performace, my clothes, my eating habits, and anything else that might make her feel better about herself by knocking me down a few rungs. She seems like the kind of woman that will talk, talk, talk about the hotel, the bed, the pillows, the waitress, the weather, her last vacation, the time she snubbed Larry King, the time Sean Hannity tried to get in her pants, her golf handicap, etc.

Nah, I wouldn't hit that. I'm no Sir Mix-a-lot, but I do like a little more meat on the bones.
Bobby Sands
Sword of Damocles

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe