in a DP - on a cruise liner in heavy swell

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: in a DP - on a cruise liner in heavy swell

Postby Caliban » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:02 am

marie-angelique wrote:you'll think of something :)

so i was taking this Advanced Hunter Education class today and they were going to teach us how to clean our big game, only the goat got away so they did a demo with a paper bag with a balloon inside. ....... at least they fed us. ...

what did the paperbag taste like ? KFC chicken box ?
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby marie-angelique » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:14 am

nowonmai wrote:Did I unwittingly set off a Texas vs San Francisco ancient hatred? As for birds, much as I like venison, give me a brace of wild mallard any day. I'm getting hungry! Glad it wasn't a dead loss of a day - about time you met a decent hunky outdoorsman instead of all these cityboy barflies with ambiguous sexuality.

haha, no. texas is a-ok with me :)

the duck was my favorite, very tasty. they cooked up some liver and heart too. the liver tasted like liver, ugh. gotta say, the heart was very yummy. good to know in case i gotta consume one someday :)
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby nowonmai » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Flash fried still warm liver is a favourite hunters breakfast here. Mind you so are the testicles which is where I draw the line.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Hugh Herr Interview. pretty cool.

Postby marie-angelique » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:07 am

"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe