Liberal gun owners are a strange and contradictory group

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Liberal gun owners are a strange and contradictory group

Postby Rapier09 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:44 pm

I think a lot of people just like feeling safe,liberal policy might just be to deprive groups that are considered "threatening" with firearms.While still bearing and owning weapons themselves.Actually President Obama,as you put,has broken from his party in that he has never been considered a "gun-grabber" which I believe also holds with his office as President.I don't recall any President,save maybe FDR,who was ever considered a gun grabber.

A watch,now that is something everyone should be able to wear.
Rapier09

Postby vetparatrooper » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:12 pm

Online ammo Sales ban was just thrown out...that is a good thing because i am a regular customer at cheaperthandirt.com
Conlige suspectos semper habitos
vetparatrooper
BFCus Regularus

Location: Mountains somewhere in the Appalachians (other than that, my exact location is nobody's bizness)

Postby friendlyskies » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:47 pm

Rapier09 wrote:I think a lot of people just like feeling safe,liberal policy might just be to deprive groups that are considered "threatening" with firearms.While still bearing and owning weapons themselves.Actually President Obama,as you put,has broken from his party in that he has never been considered a "gun-grabber" which I believe also holds with his office as President.I don't recall any President,save maybe FDR,who was ever considered a gun grabber.

Before the elections, they had a crew of people paid to post online all kinds of lies about Obama, in comments sections on websites and whatnot, including saying that he was going to take their guns away. (As well as saying he'd put us all in concentration camps, hated whitey, was a secret Muslim, etc....you'd see almost identical comments here and on all sorts of other websites, it was almost cut and paste).

It was an effective strategy - you couldn't blame the GOP itself for lying, or anyone really, since the Internets are still fairly anonymous, but it got people scared. Then right after the elections, I guess they all lost their jobs. All the paid posters here on the BFC who had been saying that stuff just disappeared overnight, never to be seen again. Perhaps they'll be back in a few months?
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby ktrout » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:15 pm

vetparatrooper wrote:Online ammo Sales ban was just thrown out...that is a good thing because i am a regular customer at cheaperthandirt.com

Just saw that one the other day, from CTD. Was starting to wring my hands a little bit. But it would only have mattered if you're Californian.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby vetparatrooper » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:20 pm

not a californian but still glad it was thrown out....

hey...about the whole Obama hates whitey/He is a secret muslim thing/and he would institue death panels with national healthcare coverage/ and all the rest of the BS the right wrote and published about him.....How could anyone believe that bullshit....I mean for real....there was not a bit of evidence at all for any of it and I am not about to call it any tpe of "skillful manipulation by the right wing"....It was bullshit and those who could not see it at the time (or now) are simply idiots in my humble opinion.....he was definitely born in a US state (Hawaii) and all of the other bullshit was obviously just a bunch of scare tactics....are we as Americans that pansy assed that we are so easily scared by what could, I suppose, be considered a superb bit of overtly creative journalism designed to quite apparently simply scare us...and, besides that, what is scarier than having a bunch of old white men at a Republican political rally (after being at war in two countries for nearly a decade at that particular time) singing:

"Bomb Bomb Bomb Bomb Bombiran Bomb Bomb Bomb Bomb Bombiran", and so forth...

I mean WTF was that shit....and many people did not even flinch at that quite apprent overture at a continued, and whats more, expanded war...

obviously and perhaps instituting the draft and having some of the sons of these old white men go off to war might change a few minds about what we should really be frightened of in this country, ya' know what i mean? I fought enough "for this country" ...(or as my coousin explained to me when I went to Boston and saw the Minuteman statue at Concord and Lexinton... I turned to him and told him I did not do shit for this country... he, always being supportive and, at times, very naive, told me that the American Revolutionaries were fighting to have a country and I was fighting for the "ideals of a country", still a noble cause according to him....as close as he and I are, i still thought that was a complete sell-out Idea ...especially since he works for a cyberwarfare/defense contractor in DC and makes quite a bit of money doing so)..... and I am not about to send another person to war just because a song is supposed to inspire me to do so...the ammount of jingoism in this post-911 country is truly revolting to me personally.
Conlige suspectos semper habitos
vetparatrooper
BFCus Regularus

Location: Mountains somewhere in the Appalachians (other than that, my exact location is nobody's bizness)

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe