DPs. Places that aren't dangerous

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: DPs. Places that aren't dangerous

Postby shivers » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:07 am

P,

I have been remiss all this time by not telling you just how truly fucking awesome I think you are, and how much I love your BFC persona.

S
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:45 am

friendlyskies wrote: Man, I wonder if he has any idea how his fear of poverty and laziness in regards to visiting the amazing things these countries have to offer could royally fuck tourism here. Jesus. His opinion..... based on fear of poverty? Or things not being all fucking tidy like Munich? Or elegant like Paris? Or serving fine pasta like Italia?

Alternatively, the good news, he is deterring all the cunts who slaver for his reviews. Nowhere needs their patronising shite, Europe is full of the whining donkey's. People who make their own informed decisions will still come.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby friendlyskies » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Thanks for the props. And shivers, how I've missed you, so glad you've come home. Anyway, maybe I will stay in Central America just to correct this fucking guy, despite this weapons-grade ennui I'm wearing around like it was a bukake afterparty. My mom's friend, the one who turned me onto this whole Rick Steves dabacle, wrote me back. She was like, "I have always prefered Rick Steves' books, but when I saw this, I was shocked. I really think that you should kick him in the balls."

Hahahaa you stupid jerk. You just lost a customer because she's *actually been here* and now she knows you're a fragile little meeping weeping cunt "whaaaaa, everyone in the world isn't as rich as they are in Haaaaaammmmmmburg. I want a preeeeeettttzel and I want it nooooowwwwwww....." Gakh. Yack.

I have like two tiny assignments to finish, and then I'm seriously going to rewrite this shit for publication as a rebuttle. But where do you publish a thoughtful travel critique entitled "Rick Steves is Fucking Cunt and Has No Balls and When I Find Him, I Am Stealing His Fucking Weed"? I guess Lonely Planet has a travel magazine now, and there's always National Geographic..... hmmmm.......
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:25 pm

I have heard fo this fella before but I thought he was the geezer who got eaten by a crocodile in Australia or something like that.

When you commin back to London Skies? Your rants make me wanna buy you beer.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby friendlyskies » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:34 pm

I could seriously use a beer in London. My whole life plan for the year, which was totally set, totally looking awesome, everything taken care of, just COLLAPSED this past two weeks. Maybe London..... sounds good.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:25 pm

No offense to the ladies here for using "monkey" as a metaphor for the vajayjay.

As a matter of fact,I am going to write something in the TfHC to make ammends in case I did offend someone.

Yes,another rabbit-hole experience (no pun intended).
Sri Lanky

Postby Caliban » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:Yes,another rabbit-hole experience (no pun intended).

Intended or otherwise, thats the funniest pun Ive seen on here for a long time.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Caliban » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:52 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:I have heard fo this fella before but I thought he was the geezer who got eaten by a crocodile in Australia or something like that.

Steve Irwin - His life remembered and celebrated through the medium of ice dance

Yeah, I said WTF too.
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby svizzerams » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:13 pm

friendlyskies wrote:I could seriously use a beer in London. My whole life plan for the year, which was totally set, totally looking awesome, everything taken care of, just COLLAPSED this past two weeks. Maybe London..... sounds good.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So come to Amsterdam in March!!!!!
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby Rapier09 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:39 am

Caliban wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:I have heard fo this fella before but I thought he was the geezer who got eaten by a crocodile in Australia or something like that.

Steve Irwin - His life remembered and celebrated through the medium of ice dance

Yeah, I said WTF too.

At least the I finally know why God created the StingRay.
Rapier09

Postby zuluninja » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:54 pm

I've been to Nicaragua twice, and the 3rd trip is around the corner come august. Fucking love the place. Stayed in Granada, been to Masaya, Nandaime (eating quesillo) briefly passed thru Managua a couple times but have not hanged out there, but the kicker is Ometepe island. This next trip I plan on spending at least 3-4 days there, fucking awesome! Friendly people, excellent food, down to earth no bullshit places to go. I have been kinda adopted over there already.
zuluninja

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe