Real people and "What Would You Do?"

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Real people and "What Would You Do?"

Postby RSnyder » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:11 am

Rants go here, so here goes. Where in the hell are the real people when they film ABC's "What Would You Do?"??? Do they specifically pick communities full of action-less sheeople? I cannot accept that my fellow citizens could be so docile and so weak as to not do the right thing. It's either an act or the producers pick the lowest human life forms' performances. My wife stopped asking me to watch the show with her - I was standing up and yelling at the TV. I don't even have an anger issue. I just can't get people who can't shit when they're on the pot.
"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home." - James Michener
"Why is it that everyone who hates freedom apparently hates indoor plumbin'?" - Tim Wilson, comedian.
RSnyder

Re: Real people and "What Would You Do?"

Postby Ultra Swain » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:06 am

I have never met a person who used the term "sheeple" who didn't have issues.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Re: Real people and "What Would You Do?"

Postby Chimborazo » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:06 am

RSnyder wrote: I cannot accept that my fellow citizens could be so docile and so weak as to not do the right thing.

Seriously? We train people from early on not to take action against aggressors. Whenever someone steps in and shoots or pummels some dickhead who deserves it, the "authorities" talk about how they're happy with the outcome, but discourage anyone for taking that sort of action.

http://www.rkba.org/comment/cowards.html
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe