Middle Class Handbook

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Middle Class Handbook

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:59 pm

Internet fight!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Penta » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Sorry to disappoint, Mr Shaw: I think we're done.
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Jäeger » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:20 pm

flipflop:
LOL, fair enough mate. And there she was telling everyone how you and her were the very bestest of chums again, LOLOLOL.

It's all about the reaction. She needs somebody to fight with, so she'll say whatever she can to start shit. She's a kind enough lady in person, just rude and patronising, but she's literally obsessed with fighting on the internet. The only solution is to ignore her, god knows I've tried every other type of reasoning.

Rickshaw:
Internet fight!

Fighting with herself maybe. I wonder why anyone would find that "weird"?
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby flipflop » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Anyway, back on topic:

Periodic Table of the Middle Class

Image "Free Whelans" LOL

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby LechoZX » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:13 pm

friendlyskies wrote:Yeah, my sister always gets pissed off at Alex Trebec because he overpronounces foreign words.

He is Quebecois I believe and he likes to remind people how he speaks French and they don't at every opportunity.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:46 am

Ve haff vays of making you talk scheissen
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Kurt » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:31 am

I am even worse than middle class over pronouncing. I just totally fail at it often because I only know the word by reading it since no one I know in real life ever talks like that.

For example:

For years I called the preface of a book the "pree-face" yep, I did. Never had to say it and no one I knew ever said it so to me it was a the "pree-face" and sometimes I forget and call it that anyway because I still rarely pronounce the word in regular conversation.

I screw up Nuclear too. That bugs the hell out of people that I add an un-needed "ur" in that word, but to them I plead "colorful regional dialect" of the sort that often exposes the self-cultivated as a hick and a rube (which I am). A friend of an ex-girlfriend of mine once got so angry with me mispronouncing nuclear that she just huffed and walked away , never to talk to me again. But that was not a loss since she is one of those people who is so depressed they are always on the verge of suicide but so far she has just managed to stain carpeting.

I cannot pronounce nuclear but at least I have my life sorted in such a way I am not always on the verge of destroying myself. I think that counts for something.

Another one I do is cappicino. The first one of those ever had was in Galway Ireland of all places and the dude that made them pronounced it Kawp-A-Chino. So that is how I say it. I figured he knew how to say it but he was just a mick putting on airs and I was a hick who was so hickish I thought the mick was a sophisticated continental type fellow. So my cappicino pronunciation comes from a haughty mick as interpreted by a pretentious hick...and I am cool with that.

Makes for a better story than proper pronunciation: My parents sent me to school and all of us talk like this now. *yawn*
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe