Middle Class Handbook

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Middle Class Handbook

Postby flipflop » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Irony is not dead after all, now pass the HP Sauce

Achtung Spitfire

EDIT: I love the way this new edit button catches out the precious posters

LOL

Mange tout Rodders, Mange tout
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Jäeger » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:50 pm

flipflop:
I got kicked out, turned up with the wrong coloured laces in my Doc Martens

I know the feeling, my braces weren't thin enough. Thankfully, I can still argue on the internet.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby flipflop » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:57 pm

Jäeger wrote:Thankfully, I can still argue on the internet.

I do to, only when I'm not in my vest kicking the wife around our filth-strewn back yard

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Penta » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:05 am

Are we going to get false accusations about dodgy emails next? Or one of you giving my private details to the other, who then passes them on to another bad guy, who then offers them to anyone who might want them? Bad luck for him he tried RR3, gentleman that he was. And very weird to see you praising him, flipflop - as if you valued honesty and decency.

It's déjà vu all over again.
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby flipflop » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:08 am

Hoho, that little C+P of mine hurt that much P?

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Penta » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:23 am

Nope. Your threatening my security did, though. Care to come clean and apologise now, since you seem unilaterally to have decided your penance of exile to P's Bs has run its course?

I know Jäeger can't bring himself to apologise, at least not publicly, for all his false accusations, for the weird, psycho, bitch cunt stuff, for giving you my name to misuse as you did (though he did privately to me), because he didn't want to lose face on the board. Which was a pretty pathetic reason, to my mind. And I've said not a word, out of loyalty, for the sake of friendship, in all this time.

As the two of you are resuming your double act, I no longer feel so constrained. A shame, but there you go. No promises broken on my part.

Cowards, the pair of you. As all bullies are.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Penta » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:34 am

Not so quick now. Did you have to go into conflab?
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Jäeger » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:43 am

This post was made by Penta who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby Penta » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:45 am

Yeah, I got that. But someone's told you what I said.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Jäeger » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:49 am

This post was made by Penta who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby Penta » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:57 am

Yeah, and if you were just ignoring me, I'd have no problem at all. Delighted to see you posting regularly again, as I told you. But dredging up the old lies, resuming your old ways with flipflop, means you're returning to no holds barred warfare, as before. I'm not going to go down whimpering. You know me better than that.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby flipflop » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:23 am

Hahaaaaaaaaa,

Some of the funniest stuff I've ever read on this place. Me apologise to you, are you fucking serious? For what?

No. You just go back to being this board's putrid fart, talking about your favourite subject - YOU, and let the rest of us talk DP

Jog on
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Jäeger » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:31 am

Don't feed the troll mate.

I've blocked her from contacting me, so now she's just looking to stir shit with you and people I know now. Best thing to do is ignore her, she gets off on the reaction she gets from people. The more you react, the more obsessed she gets. It never ends until you block her.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby flipflop » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:48 am

LOL, fair enough mate. And there she was telling everyone how you and her were the very bestest of chums again, LOLOLOL. You're not missing much anyway, certainly nothing new or interesting about Dangerous Places.

Well, that's another good thread shot to fuck, best leave it to rot now

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Penta » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:37 am

I'm not finished, so the show's not quite over yet.
flipflop wrote:Me apologise to you, are you fucking serious? For what?

You could start with conning my real name out of Jäeger on false pretences, using it to search out my address, phone numbers, husband's and sons' names, pictures of my house, and giving all that to peanut, who you knew was trying to track me down but had got stuck - just because you could, out of spite. You could follow up by apologising to Kurt (and all flaggers, since we have an interest in knowing that the people we're talking to are basically honest, not lying scumbags) for denying it flatly when confronted with the truth and the evidence to back it up. You don't think any of us deserve an apology for that? You could take a lesson from Nir Rosen, who we were discussing in another thread: man up and admit you were wrong. Projecting your bad behaviour on to me is the coward's way out.

You probably know that Jäeger was so incensed at your betrayal of his trust that he was ready to come over here and break your legs, just as he'd threatened to do earlier to me for something I hadn't done. You don't know that having had long deliberations with my philosophy mentor on the moral dilemmas involved, I was ready to warn you if I found out he was coming to do that, even though it would have destroyed my (short-lived, as it turned out, but very hard-won) reconciliation with him, because it would have been the right thing to do, for both your sakes.

But now you're best mates again. Good for you; I'm all for reconciliation and friendship. But I can't see how you could have swung it, flipflop, unless you've lied your way into his good books again (and he's fool enough to believe you a second time), and I've had indications that that's exactly what you've done.

So I'm obsessive? Yes, I'm a bit obsessive about defending my integrity, countering deliberate lies about me. I know that Jäeger has lied to me directly twice in the last couple of weeks and I have very good reason to believe that he's lied about me to a number of mutual friends too, so I'd say he's the stirrer. He's miffed that my husband didn't take an immediate shine to him when he came to stay, though he's lucky he let him in the house, given even the little I've let him know about what J did to me last summer, and I had to move heaven and earth to make it possible at all - because I had been able to forgive him. Though a retraction was the least I expected when he showed his face here again: public recognition that I'm not a blackmailer, not mad, not bad, not a stalker, not paranoid and not a bitch, to go along with the private acknowledgements.

So now the two of you are back in the bonding game again, playing at class warfare, back in target mode together, harking back to the earlier lies you told about me - that I called you a fascist, that I said you beat your wife. I have charged him with racism - what else can it be when, in talking about the immensely courageous Egyptian men and women who brought down Mubarak, risking and in some cases giving their lives, by sustained non-violent action, he describes the "wogs" as "Savages the lot of them"?

It's funny that someone so proud of his working-class origins should be so keen on "keeping up appearances", in full Hyacinth Bucket mode; so worried about being associated with views he doesn't agree with yet unwilling to face up to an honest challenge on his own prejudice, or even admit it, and at the same time so quick to condemn someone else for small prejudices that they acknowledge and are working on. Even stranger for someone who places so much store by loyalty to disown someone he called his fairy godmother for some small kindnesses (that will never be revealed, he can be assured).

A woman scorned? Hardly. I'm just tired of making all the concessions, tendering the olive branches. All about me? Only because you make it so: I'd much rather be discussing Egypt and Libya. The dishonest philosopher-thugs join forces again - fine. Like to like, taking the easy route to regain your tarnished reputations - at the expense of mine, as before. It's so much harder to cross the natural barriers of age and class and gender, but the rewards are greater. Oh well. I thought it would be worth the effort. I was wrong.

flipflop wrote:You're not missing much anyway, certainly nothing new or interesting about Dangerous Places.

Quite: not exactly an interesting thread about Dangerous Places. It was lame and unfunny, even before you resurrected the hunting party.

I've said my piece now. Carry on.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe