Russians

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: say what you will about them but...

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:36 pm

Awesome indeed.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Re: Russians

Postby Caliban » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:35 am

"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby ktrout » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:I love that Eurasian look though....check out "The Women of Yakutsk" website.

If I lived in Yakutsk I would want to get the hell out, too. I found a blog by a Yakutski that I might have to read. I just got done riding a bicycle across Russia. They're major fucking hillbillies. I think the only place in Russia I might be able to tolerate climate wise is some place like Sochi.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Novimya » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:32 am

I've come up with a new rule: Never let a Russian near a bank. Or money, period. Running cons is considered an acceptable career path to them. At least the Chinese have the good sense to keep prison populations down by putting bullets in street criminal's heads.
Novimya

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:54 am

Right now I'm reading about Russian influence in Alaska at the library in Anchorage...fascinating stuff.
Apparently they've now taken over Kodiak....for the second time.
Such paranoia over Russkies.

I was in Seward a few days back and I let some Eskimos know in a bar,that Michelle took me to,that I am quite Russian.
Later when I was floundering around in Seward one of the Eskimos snuck up on me and said,"hey Russkie".
He took me to their camper-trailer and we smoked from a "peace" pipe.
I let out a Native wail like it was coming from the surrounding mountains.

I think the Russians were the true savages here.
Sri Lanky

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe