Mid-Debate Comment

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Mid-Debate Comment

Postby Dim » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:18 am

I gotta go to work and I'll miss the rest of the debate, but it looks like a Kerry landslide so far - even though he's in back in his old why-use-one-word-when-twenty-will-do mode the president isn't making any sense at all. My guess is that he's plain exhausted, and possibly medicated.
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is cursed.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Re: Mid-Debate Comment

Postby Aegis » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:06 am

Dim wrote:I gotta go to work and I'll miss the rest of the debate, but it looks like a Kerry landslide so far - even though he's in back in his old why-use-one-word-when-twenty-will-do mode the president isn't making any sense at all. My guess is that he's plain exhausted, and possibly medicated.

I think its a little less lopsided than that, but Kerry is definitely putting on a good show. In my opinion it is too close to call.
"[R]emember, Roman, these will be your arts: to teach the ways of peace to those you conquer, to spare defeated peoples, tame the proud."

-Virgil, the Aeneid
Aegis
BFCus Regularus

Location: The dark heart of "Red" Oregon... or I guess its "Blue" Oregon now.

Postby Kurt » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:56 am

What debate?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Yusuf » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:10 am

I decided not to watch this one... the first one was hardly a debate: two simultaneous speeches. And all they do is repeat information that is already out there... its so boring... I'd rather do something more productive like get a job or watch Family Guy.
'Forgive him who wrongs you; join him who cuts you off; do good to him who does evil to you, and speak the truth although it be against yourself.'

-Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
Yusuf

Postby Dim » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:18 am

Damn - does anyone else think it's creepy the way the Dems keep bringing up Dick Cheneys daughter every time they're asked about homosexuality?

It was still fun to watch a Kerry who's uncomfortable and boring, instead of just boring.
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is cursed.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Postby Yusuf » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:59 am

Dim wrote:Damn - does anyone else think it's creepy the way the Dems keep bringing up Dick Cheneys daughter every time they're asked about homosexuality?

It was still fun to watch a Kerry who's uncomfortable and boring, instead of just boring.

And they always mention it casually... they never come out and say "you hypocrites! Dick's daughter is a lesbo"... they mention it in reference to Republicans who support homosexual rights.
'Forgive him who wrongs you; join him who cuts you off; do good to him who does evil to you, and speak the truth although it be against yourself.'

-Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
Yusuf

Return to Black Flag Cafe