Why are ugly people asking me to give money?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Why are ugly people asking me to give money?

Postby Kurt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:09 pm

and why are they on wikipedia?

You would think that when doing a fundraiser one would say "anyone but the guy with the dirty long hair who edits articles" should ask for money.

I am sure blowing a few hundred dollars for photography and make up and maybe a coach who says "don't fold your arms hippy"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Why are ugly people asking me to give money?

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Kurt wrote:and why are they on wikipedia?

You would think that when doing a fundraiser one would say "anyone but the guy with the dirty long hair who edits articles" should ask for money.

I am sure blowing a few hundred dollars for photography and make up and maybe a coach who says "don't fold your arms hippy"

I have been wondering the same thing.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby JITW » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:59 pm

Hahahaaa - I saw that, the dude looks mad as fuck

I bet he is one of those fags who work as a computer programer and rides a Harley in full leathers

Attention Urban Tough Guys - unless you live under a daily threat of being shanked or shot than you are not a tough guy - So go back to Starbucks or to your cubicle at Oracle

~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:09 pm

JITW wrote:Hahahaaa - I saw that, the dude looks mad as fuck

I bet he is one of those fags who work as a computer programer and rides a Harley in full leathers

Attention Urban Tough Guys - unless you live under a daily threat of being shanked or shot than you are not a tough guy - So go back to Starbucks or to your cubicle at Oracle

~JITW

Not only that but it is just the crossed arms when asking to donate. You cross your arms in advertisements and PSAs where you say things like "Don't get into cars with strangers" or "sniffing glue is for losers" but you never do it when asking people to donate money to a good cause. And you certainly don't have your "regular" people do the asking.

This might be one of those ideas that is good in theory, like "Why don't we have normal looking people model clothes that way people will get to see themselves in the clothes" (which I am sure someone will suffer because of my brief modeling career).

Amazingly Wikipedia is getting money because people like it better than the homely people who edit it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Dabbi » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:08 pm

JITW wrote:Hahahaaa - I saw that, the dude looks mad as fuck

~JITW

Words of wisdom.
Dabbi
BFCus Regularus

Postby LechoZX » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:05 pm

I was thinking the same things. That dude looks like of those guys from high school who had a different Megadeth T-shirt for every day of the week. It makes me actively not want to give them money.

But aparrently Wikipedia is now pulling out all the ugly stops because I just saw this:

Maybe they are going for the sympathy card and we will feel sorry for all the unattractive people that will have no purpose in life except Wikipedia
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:50 pm

LechoZX wrote:I was thinking the same things. That dude looks like of those guys from high school who had a different Megadeth T-shirt for every day of the week. It makes me actively not want to give them money.

But aparrently Wikipedia is now pulling out all the ugly stops because I just saw this:

Maybe they are going for the sympathy card and we will feel sorry for all the unattractive people that will have no purpose in life except Wikipedia

That is just a bad photo. If you had her not squinting into the camera and looking contemplative instead of constipated you might have had one of those "charming woman of a certain age who is comfortable with her interesting life" looks about her and that could have made $$$$$$$$ roll in from women who want to be like that.

Maybe we should do a BFC appeal..but with stick figures asking that wikipedia invest some cash in at least student photographers to make their appeals better.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:32 am

I liked the internet better back when all ads featured the same curly-haired, light-skinned African-American woman.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:21 pm

el3so wrote:I liked the internet better back when all ads featured the same curly-haired, light-skinned African-American woman.

Or "Everywhere Girl"

http://www.theeverywheregirl.com/
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby nowonmai » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:18 am

Or "Nowhere Girl" - Elso will approve - an 80s classic that I havent thought of for years, still have it in my attic in a box with tons of others.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbaCQi92-c8[/youtube]
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe