The real dangerous place...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: The real dangerous place...

Postby Woodsman » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:37 pm

That would be great if it were only about poisoning the people, which its not - the land is being systematically poisoned as well...but go on and eat your "natural" food. LOFL.

LechoZX wrote:Quit yer bitchin'. Life expectancies have never been higher and the food is killing people? Even if you believe that, people are either going to die from eating bad food or not eating any food so take your pick.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:38 pm

flipflop wrote:Mach award for the QUAD-roop-ular application of consecutive posts on this page

Keep up

Cheers

Don't mind if I do.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby LechoZX » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:03 am

Woodsman wrote:That would be great if it were only about poisoning the people, which its not - the land is being systematically poisoned as well...but go on and eat your "natural" food. LOFL.

Maybe, but that's not what you were posting about.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:30 pm

LechoZX wrote:
Woodsman wrote:That would be great if it were only about poisoning the people, which its not - the land is being systematically poisoned as well...but go on and eat your "natural" food. LOFL.

Maybe, but that's not what you were posting about.

The post is about dangerous place being in your food. The land is essentially the same thing as the food. I know you're a city boy and think your food comes from the grocery store, but ultimately if the land is poisoned, the food will be too.

The video I posted as a main part of the post is specifically about Glyphosate (Roundup) which is being overused and very broadly spread across the global landscape wherever these greedy chemical companies can get their dangerous products across borders - and some having spread illegally as well. The GMO part comes into play because these big companies modify the genetics specifically to resist the affects of the poisons (Glyphosate) they sell.

The bottom line is that this crap winds up in our food, the genetic material winds up willy nily outside of anyone's control anywhere and has ABSOLUTELY caused negative health affects in many animals (since it winds up spread across the landscape) including humans.

The stuff is absolutely dangerous and a small fact overlooked nearly everywhere is what you can't see will most likely wind up killing you (after all auto accidents are #1, and if we could see them coming, we'd probably avoid those).

It's a complex problem, and without a basic understanding of the importance of Ecology, it is difficult to fully understand the ramifications of this situation.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:54 pm

You've lost your audience, get off the stage

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby LechoZX » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:30 pm

I don't exactly like the idea of eating synthetic chemicals, but prove to me that it's "killing me". That was my initial point. Your approach of "the land is poisoned so we are poisoned" is painfully simplistic.

70% of US deaths? How is that number derived? How exactly does it kill people? What chemicals or other compounds are killing people? How do you know they are even being transmitted to humans? Are they even being absorbed into the human body? Are the concentrations are high enough to have any effect? What are the symptoms? How can you be sure that all of these supposed deaths are not attributed to other things such as air pollution, smoking, alcohol, genetics, disease, simply eating unhealthy foods not unnatural foods, or any number of factors?

The bodies of people in developed nations have adapted to their diet. Also compounds obviously have different effects on different organisms. So just because we're eating chemicals does not neccesarily mean it's killing us or even affecting us in any way.

See, I did check out that site and it appears to be dripping with crazy. It's about as believable as the ones that say they have "scientific" proof that they can grow your penis. Here's a doctor who says so!

Yes in an ideal world all food would be organic, but that is also the world that can not sustain the population density we currently have and it will only get larger. (I suspect that is your overall point but you would rather see the "population problem" fixed rather than eat chemicals.)

So let me ask you, if the genetic engineering and pesticides, antiboitics etc, are killing people; why are people living longer than they ever have? Furthermore, why do people who eat a 100% organic diet not live significantly longer lifetimes than others?
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe