Jesus Christ Action Figure Playset

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Jesus Christ Action Figure Playset

Postby Prodigal Son » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:59 am

http://www.jesus-action-figure.com/

I played this and I just can't stop laughing. Too bad there aren't Isaac and Abraham, Buddha, or Mohhamed action figures you can buy.
Prodigal Son
BFCus Regularus

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:06 am

Damn, it's blocked from here.
I remember seeing in a magazine a few years back about how this guy had made a couple action figures, like the Pope, Ayatollah, whatever they call the head rabbi, and so forth. He made the figures, their packaging, and I believe he made up the brand company he called the "Jesus Christ Superstore."
It was a wonderful thing. I hope I'll be able to find something on it again.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby Prodigal Son » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:07 am

Even Better -- there is a real 10-figure set you can buy?

http://www.trainupachild.com/cgi-bin/sh ... =531807070
Prodigal Son
BFCus Regularus

Postby Prodigal Son » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:16 am

I was wrong...apparently you can get Buddhist, Jewish, Hindu, and Muslim action figures too!

http://www.jesuschristsuperstore.net/
Prodigal Son
BFCus Regularus

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:25 am

Found the superstore. Sorry, but this is gonna be big.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

It also says they were sold out of Ganeesh, Jehovah, Moses. Apparently they are real, and for sale, but since the originals were handmade, and so forth, they are currently looking for manufacturers.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby unklenastie » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:02 am

I wonder if these things would actually sell. I would probably buy them just because. Thats pretty funny.
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile.

unklenastie

Postby haganah » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:24 pm

If I make a dead palestinian women and children and men action figure playset will you guys buy it?
haganah

Postby Toasty McGrath » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:54 pm

Too bad the Jihadist didn't have a canister vest...

Jihad Joe, Jihad Joe! Fighting man from head to toe! There's no cafe he won't blow, Jihad Joe, Jihad Joe!
Toasty McGrath
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hayduke » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:22 pm

I'm the proud ower of a Jesus action figure. For some strange reason it's made with little wheels on the bottom so it can roll. Other figures available include Sigmund Freud, Edgar Allen Poe, William Shakespeare, The Librarian, and a Barista from Starbucks. Oh yeah, there's a Mark Twain figure too. I've already got the Librarian, this one and Jesus look pretty good on my desk next to my Joey Ramone bobble head. Alot of you folks would probably go for the Barista, she's wearing capri pants- always a hot subject at the BFC!
Hayduke
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe