The Cheneys Are Cry Babies.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Postby Rupert » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:20 pm

What I can't stand about this administration is that Bush is never directly involved in any of the critical efforts of the administration (Energy policy, Iraq intel, post war planning), so Cheney or one of the secretaries take on the whole effort, fucking it up or completely designing it to their interests. It would be nice to have a true executive president that understands that delegation also includes following up. But this is no suprise considering Bush was a failure in business, with the exception of his involvement of the new Rangers Stadium, where he played the part of a PR guy with handy political connections to investors. Its fitting he was a governor in my state, where the governorship has one of the weakest roles in state governments. Bush has yet to prove he is an executive, as all critical decisions are made by Cheney and Rove.

"Senior C.I.A. analysts dealing with Iraq were constantly being urged by the Vice-President’s office to provide worst-case assessments on Iraqi weapons issues. “They got pounded on, day after day,” one senior Bush Administration official told me, and received no consistent backup from Tenet and his senior staff. “Pretty soon you say ‘Fuck it.’” And they began to provide the intelligence that was wanted."

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?031027fa_fact
Rupert
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe