IQ

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

IQ

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:57 pm

Checking your IQ: Vain or normal curiosity? Last time was about 8 years ago. It was a pattern recognition type.

Disclaimer: I am not my IQ.
Sri Lanky

Re: IQ

Postby Athena » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:08 pm

I'd wager the people who do the tests from time to time probably are the higher scorers. If a person tested poorly, I can't see why they'd go back for more.
Athena
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Yeah,and the lower scorers will also claim to have the most common sense...whatever the fuck that means.
Sri Lanky

big enough

Postby el3so » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Another dick-measuring contest for people who like to keep their pants on IMO.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:41 pm

I've always wondered whether designer jeans are of intelligent or unintelligent design.
Sri Lanky

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:25 pm

I can drink all them high i motherfuckin i fuckin q bitches under the table.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:20 pm

Can I quote that?
Sri Lanky

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:Can I quote that?
Sure!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby friendlyskies » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:55 pm

I had a boyfriend who was not booksmart at all, but he could fix anything mechanical - from cars to kitchen equipment - and was a top gourmet chef in Los Angeles. He had been put in special ed when he was a kid until they figured out he was dyslexic, but by that time it was too late. His ego and education had been compromised, and he just started working in a restaurant after high school. Since he was naturally smart, he quickly rose to the top of his profession and, while we were dating, fucking Madonna requested that he cater her birthday party (I loved listening to her messages on his machine, but wasn't allowed into the party, damnit, because she had her own caterers with IDs and whatnot.)

Anyway, when all those online IQ tests came out, he started taking them. I scored a lot higher than him on the traditional ones, mainly because I'm reasonably booksmart (but don't ask me to change a tire or cook anything more complicated than scrambled eggs). He was kind of bummed out about the whole thing until we found an IQ test based entirely on symbols. No words, no math, it was just symbols. The guy scored something like 160 (his usual scores were 110-120 or so). Ever since then, I've not put too much stock in IQ tests that use words, they test the filter as much as the brain itself.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Mikethehack » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:52 pm

If your IQ is higher than the percentage of alcohol in your bottle, then it is too high.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Soon I will be working on my "High Q".

I do better on the symbol tests too,Skies,because symbols are symbolically symbolic....no I'm not high...yet.
Sri Lanky

Postby gnaruki » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:06 am

Somewhere between 80 and 160 is what i've been told. Whats the rule of thumb? If you can get a bachelor's degree you are above average? How come they are easier to get now.....

If I have to do the trains speeding away from each other question in furlongs I'm screwed.

I know way too many talented people that get slapped labels on them. It used to be called stupid. Now its ADD or dyslexia or restless leg syndrome. I have a hunch that the dwarves from old myths were downies. Loyal and loving with ape strength. Watching movies with turrets people cracks me up.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:01 am

i have a pretty good iq but i have ADHD sometimes severe episodes which often render me a retard for practical purposes for many things in everday life.

when i try real hard and have like a tutor or chaperone with me and/or spoonfeeding i can do complicated shit like 15 multiplication problems in one sitting, email ppl i need to, look for a job, grocery shopping, or any of the other basic stuff you expect non-retarded white ppl to have a pretty good handle on. sometimes i think im a failure and things are pointless but then i remem that my wife, family, and friends all care about me even tho i've got these stupid problems with executive functions, attention, and self control. and i also try to get some sleep because that helps.

then i wake up and try again. yeah life's pretty good. and i'm not even high right now.

the end

and fuck you grunfeld
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:34 am

IQ tests are for white people to feel better about not being able to dance or do math well.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Freyja » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:37 pm

Supposedly, I have an IQ of 152, but I don't really think I do...
Ain't nobody got time for that
Freyja

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe