Another shout out to : hey you WOMEN

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Another shout out to : hey you WOMEN

Postby mach1 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:46 pm

Do you find the Internet a curious medium to express your FEELINGS?

in the past, pre-dawn Internet, it seems the fastest way to empty
a room filed with men was

to use the 'F' word i.e. yes, ahem, ...uh-h, ahem, yes-, feelings

And I mean not necessarily on public bulletin boards..it seems a natch for both sexes but I mean via email message exchanges

I am getting the impression that for all 'the work' the fairer sex has done to get her counter-part to express himself

the internet, the first 'new' technological communication tool to take the world by storm after the mobile phone and fax, with all its prime efficacy for acting as a speedy deliverer of info and serving as a node for communication

has now put the foot firmly on the other show and landing it squarely on the shoulders of the fairer sex

so, truthfully, do most women feel the Net is a poor way to "communicate" via email?

I guess unless your really skilled...but whats wrong with a fax then other than wasted paper? At least its permanent in that more long lasting preserving way

Why not just write someone a letter and fax it to them? Whats the deal?

Maybe personal email will go the way of the mini-tel in France. At least for us adults. And email wil be striclty and primarily for business and personal email will increasingly evolve into something to be frowned upon. Sternly.

Any thoughts on that?

I guess to answer my own question its one thing to write via email to a poet and another to talk to the publisher. Right!

This is what I like about the phpBB2, by just asking questions, you tend to already see things in a new light and vantage point, too.
mach1
Postus Allthefuckingtimeus

Postby Land Rover » Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:39 pm

not exactly sure of your question, but here's my thoughts for what they are worth...courtesy the internet.

communication doesn't need to be in one medium..internet, email, proximity, telephone, love letters, fucking, et al....it's not the means, it's the end result that is important. Not sure who all those people are that claim email is better for notification or business purposes...the written word has always been a critical way to enlighten, communicate, and move people...

so there.
Land Rover
BFCus Regularus

Postby DawnC71 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:23 pm

I find that the less I deal with real feelings on line the more likely I am to actually have people who will be willing to discuss issues pertinent to the subject of the forum with me.
That being said, I curently have no feeling other than rage, anger, and extreme angst....and I doubt anyone is very interested in any of those at this time anyways.
But you do what you feel in your heart is right mach....Express away...its a free country, for now.
Cheers,
Dawn
Passion is necessity. It is not diligence, or simply being committed to a goal. Passion consumes you while you chase down your goal. Passion should always be your natural state of mind for it is what sparks momentum and sets the pace.
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe