Flipflop and others

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Flipflop and others

Postby flipflop » Sun May 20, 2012 3:17 am

For the record - I try not to shoot anyone, brown skinned or not, the opposite is true. I work alone as a bodyguard for an NGO, under the umbrella of USAID, who have a policy of employing 90% local nationals in all their re-building contracts. They whole she-bang is a massive target for the bad guys, because it is successfully teaching Afghans how to re-build stuff in the most deprived and dangerous part of the whole country. Horses for courses - everyone has a role to play to make this happen, mine is to cover my arcs and keep everyone safe, no security = no project. Svizzerams seems to think I'm sort sort of baby-killing mercenary, she hasn't been to a 'warzone' in a while if she thinks there are guys running about Afghanistan doing this. 'The Hurt Locker' was a good movie up until the point we meet the British mercenarys and their "$500,000 hostages", that's pure fantasy, I'd sooner see Captain Jack Sparrow and his merry crew out here than any team of contractors doing that kind of thing. The rules and regs have always been tight in Afghan, and are getting tighter regarding licencing and all the rest for private security. That's no bad thing.

As for this place, people here can troll and call me all they want, but expect to get it back with a vengeance. That is nothing to do with perceived ideas of PTSD or whatever, and that's a bullshit argument that's been made before. I haven't got it. If I was a milkman in Tunbridge Wells, you'd get the same. I may rib the odd cunt here now and again, but I don't suffer fools easily, especially mardy-arsed little cunts cutting and pasting their bullshit partisan agitprop on here. If I poke these people with a shitty stick now and again they need to harden up and get on with it, or fuck off out of it, because I make no apology for showing their bullshit up.

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby goat balls » Sun May 20, 2012 3:30 am

FF has been here for years. He's a good man. What's all this about?

Lot of talk all over about this PTSD stuff. I get an annual physical at the VA and all of them ask me if I have a problem with it. They usually stop when I get pissed off about it. Heh, makes'em wonder you know.

Svizzy is a grandma? Who knew? I was hoping for a hot blonde.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby Holland » Sun May 20, 2012 3:55 am

goat balls wrote:FF has been here for years. He's a good man. What's all this about?

Lot of talk all over about this PTSD stuff. I get an annual physical at the VA and all of them ask me if I have a problem with it. They usually stop when I get pissed off about it. Heh, makes'em wonder you know.

They want you you to admit your fucked up so they can take your guns away.
Holland
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Sun May 20, 2012 3:58 am

i believe the ptsd issue as it's tossed around here is usually part of some red herring/logical fallacy thought process. i think it works for the accuser as part of a two-tiered complex that makes sure troops are condemned either way...like this: if you have ptsd, then your baby-killing activities are forgivable but you are still a broken and pitiable human being (don't you wish you had been a good person and not joined the military?). on the other hand, if youre a soldier and you don't have ptsd, then you're guilty for the babies you've obviously killed in your baby killing line of work.

its not fair to troops with or without ptsd. in my view, i think all ppl, ptsd or not, can appreciate it when their quirks are forgiven and can work to forgive others' quirks. but thats just me.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Sun May 20, 2012 4:08 am

Holland wrote:
goat balls wrote:FF has been here for years. He's a good man. What's all this about?

What? I know a few vets that have checked themselves into psych wards and rehab centers that still have registered guns.

PTSD isn't necessarily war related. Traumatic events could be car accidents or child abuse or getting mugged. Some people that go though traumatic events just need someone to talk to or relate to and it just takes time to get over it.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby marie-angelique » Sun May 20, 2012 4:15 am

hey holland! how's the surf where you are?
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby Holland » Sun May 20, 2012 4:19 am

I doubt its used specifically on this forum to devalue someones argument. Its more of a national problem with people just parroting what they hear on tv (anyone coming home in a uniform has ptsd). If I just finished 3 or 4 tours and came home and couldnt even find a fucking job I would be depressed too. There should be more done to help these guys readjust instead of stuffing them full of haloperidol and having the dept of homeland security label them as terrorists.http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/16/napolitano-stands-rightwing-extremism/?page=all
Holland
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun May 20, 2012 4:22 am

Svizz is a hot blond and she is not a grandma.

Its weird when you like everyone in a BFC fight but you guys are making asses of yourselves with the grandma comments and stuff.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Holland » Sun May 20, 2012 4:23 am

marie-angelique wrote:hey holland! how's the surf where you are?

I live about 15 minutes from the beach. We get good surf here sometimes. Could be better but your never more than a couple hours drive from more impressive waves.
Holland
BFCus Regularus

Postby goat balls » Sun May 20, 2012 4:30 am

Kurt wrote:Svizz is a hot blond and she is not a grandma.

Its weird when you like everyone in a BFC fight but you guys are making asses of yourselves with the grandma comments and stuff.

Oohh la la. We're gonna need some details here you know. I mean strawberry blonde, dirty blonde, blonde blonde, faux blond, curly blonde or silky straight? Hmmm?
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby Holland » Sun May 20, 2012 4:36 am

gnaruki wrote:
Holland wrote:

What? I know a few vets that have checked themselves into psych wards and rehab centers that still have registered guns.

PTSD isn't necessarily war related. Traumatic events could be car accidents or child abuse or getting mugged. Some people that go though traumatic events just need someone to talk to or relate to and it just takes time to get over it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/kfsm-news ... 8967.story
Holland
BFCus Regularus

Postby goat balls » Sun May 20, 2012 4:43 am

Holland wrote:

They can slurp my balls man.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Sun May 20, 2012 4:56 am

EDIT

Reasons for editing, lost fucking interest
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Kurt » Sun May 20, 2012 5:02 am

flipflop wrote:
Kurt wrote:Svizz is a hot blond and she is not a grandma.

Ok, got you, a bit of gentle ribbing (check the thread) about Grandma = bad, but the accusation of PTSD = fair game

Kurt is off the fence people

Cheers

Wow. Alert everyone that there was a fence to begin with and I appear to be off of it. What a stellar bit of trickery I have fallen for.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby marie-angelique » Sun May 20, 2012 5:03 am

Holland wrote:
marie-angelique wrote:hey holland! how's the surf where you are?

I live about 15 minutes from the beach. We get good surf here sometimes. Could be better but your never more than a couple hours drive from more impressive waves.

nice :)
jealous.
it's been pretty good here of late, but that water is damn cold.
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe