Flipflop and others

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Flipflop and others

Postby flipflop » Sun May 20, 2012 5:03 am

Whatever, I'm off out to kill me a few wogs

Laters
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Holland » Sun May 20, 2012 5:08 am

marie-angelique wrote:
Holland wrote:
marie-angelique wrote:hey holland! how's the surf where you are?

I live about 15 minutes from the beach. We get good surf here sometimes. Could be better but your never more than a couple hours drive from more impressive waves.

nice :)
jealous.
it's been pretty good here of late, but that water is damn cold.

Never cold here. You would die in a wet suit here.
Holland
BFCus Regularus

Postby michelle in alaska » Sun May 20, 2012 7:26 am

Interloping.......
Who got talked to unnicely? (i dont think thats a word).

A. If you dont have anything nice to say-come sit next to me. D.Parker

And 2). Some of you people are starting to resemble the cat ladies i work with at the library.
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby bfcadmin » Sun May 20, 2012 7:37 am

Flame wars into the Flame War Cafe (or whatever this latest creation is called).

Now play nicely folks, otherwise you will all be adding to my BFC induced PTSD ;)
I am Kurt again.
bfcadmin
Site Admin

Postby nowonmai » Sun May 20, 2012 7:45 am

bfcadmin wrote:Flame wars into the Flame War Cafe (or whatever this latest creation is called).

Now play nicely folks, otherwise you will all be adding to my BFC induced PTSD ;)

Fuck you.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun May 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Kurt wrote:Svizz is a hot blond and she is not a grandma.

Its weird when you like everyone in a BFC fight but you guys are making asses of yourselves with the grandma comments and stuff.

Thanks for that, Kurt. And Flipflop, thanks for your post too ... specifically the one describing your work projects in Afghanistan. It was interesting & informative from tour perspective of someone who knows what he's talking about, as you're actually there. The grandma jibe at Svizz.....not so nice. I just hate the suggestion that a woman of a certain age should be a subject of ridicule & derision, derided as irrelevant & unattractive. I am reaching my 57th (gulp) birthday late summer. Sure, I'd like to be 35 forever. Wouldn't we all? However, I think that my comely continuation on this planet is of no offense. I get that any woman on this board can be dissed by whomever pleases. Many of us are pretty tough & can take it. After all, we've lived with that kind of shit our whole lives as did our mother's before us & before that & before that. Still, we have it immeasurably better than the women of Afghanistan (for example) & I applaud your livlihoor in making that country a better place, a Sisyphean task.
So, insult whomever you please but have some respect. A solid man doesn't rag on a woman's age.
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sun May 20, 2012 7:50 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:
Kurt wrote:Svizz is a hot blond and she is not a grandma.

Its weird when you like everyone in a BFC fight but you guys are making asses of yourselves with the grandma comments and stuff.

Thanks for that, Kurt. And Flipflop, thanks for your post too ... specifically the one describing your work projects in Afghanistan. It was interesting & informative from tour perspective of someone who knows what he's talking about, as you're actually there. The grandma jibe at Svizz.....not so nice. I just hate the suggestion that a woman of a certain age should be a subject of ridicule & derision, derided as irrelevant & unattractive. I am reaching my 57th (gulp) birthday late summer. Sure, I'd like to be 35 forever. Wouldn't we all? However, I think that my comely continuation on this planet is of no offense. I get that any woman on this board can be dissed by whomever pleases. Many of us are pretty tough & can take it. After all, we've lived with that kind of shit our whole lives as did our mother's before us & before that & before that. Still, we have it immeasurably better than the women of Afghanistan (for example) & I applaud your livlihoor in making that country a better place, a Sisyphean task.
So, insult whomever you please but have some respect. A solid man doesn't rag on a woman's age.

I have no idea how old, attractive (do ugly matter less - don't answer that, this is mostly American here, of course they do) or grandparentally equipped Svizzerams i outside of being logged in to the BFCs, what I do know is that when she is logged in to the BFC she frequently writes in the manner of an alternately schmaltzy and hectoring old woman. I reject your feeble-minded aappeal to some sense of outmoded moral rectitude to adjust the tenor of this board.

I also reject fansy's fatuous argument that flipflop is worthy of different consideration on the basis of the fact that he is currently in Afghanistan.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby shivers » Sun May 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Face it, as insults go, "granny" is about as stupid as it gets. I almost wondered if James had hijacked some accounts here.
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sun May 20, 2012 11:39 pm

shivers wrote:Face it, as insults go, "granny" is about as stupid as it gets. I almost wondered if James had hijacked some accounts here.

Friendlyskies started this by going off on a tripwire rant jihadi style, svizzerams lumbered lamely in as is her wont in any pile on against the perceived killers of her beloved Penta (while the actual loverboys and girls who did get down and dirty before whacking her old skool style mince about acting righteous) , she took some well deserved incoming back and then the gender card got played, now it's the age card. Feeble.

What's the purpose of an insult? What has the reaction to the aforementioned insult demonstrated?

Don't tell him your name Pike! Or for your cultural frame of reference, D'oh!
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby shivers » Mon May 21, 2012 12:32 am

It helps if it's actually insulting. Granny & gramps are generally aces in most people's minds.

Add to "faggot" to that list of stupid insults. Variations on that theme get used an awful lot around here, but as far as I can see (since the departure of Shining Eye), nobody actually takes offense at being called a faggot.
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ultra Swain » Mon May 21, 2012 4:43 am

nowonmai wrote:Word to the wise, stop digging, I can barely see the top of your head.

How is being FF's personal Flava Flav working out for you? BOYEEEEEEE!
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Kurt » Mon May 21, 2012 4:54 am

nowonmai wrote:Friendlyskies started this ..

Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Detroit_Pierogi » Mon May 21, 2012 5:14 am

Ultra Swain wrote:
nowonmai wrote:Word to the wise, stop digging, I can barely see the top of your head.

How is being FF's personal Flava Flav working out for you? BOYEEEEEEE!

See. Now that's funny.
It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Detroit_Pierogi
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Mon May 21, 2012 5:54 am

nowonmai wrote:I also reject fansy's fatuous argument that flipflop is worthy of different consideration on the basis of the fact that he is currently in Afghanistan.

the fact of the matter is that this site only has value if at least some of its posters are out doing something somewhere. anyone that falls under that category deserves at least the benefit of the doubt that is extended to any normal poster, and probably more. as much as you find your or, for example, any other non-traveler's commentary incisive and stimulating, it's still all armchair, tedious, and posted from your office/home/etc with nearly 0 benefit for travelers. that is, no one comes here for what you (and non-DP, traveling ppl) offer.

so you can reject it all you want, but since you're not in a DP and/or don't post from one...well lol bro i can't believe i'm having to spell out this argument for you, that DP posters are worth more than normal posters. stop being a hypocrite when perceptions or arrangements don't benefit you personally.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Mon May 21, 2012 6:33 am

shivers wrote:It helps if it's actually insulting. Granny & gramps are generally aces in most people's minds.

Add to "faggot" to that list of stupid insults. Variations on that theme get used an awful lot around here, but as far as I can see (since the departure of Shining Eye), nobody actually takes offense at being called a faggot.

ive personally tried to curb my usage of faggot as i have with nigger, since i've recognized that even tho i love these words and consider them indispensable with regard to how i see and phrase the world around me in my head, some ppl can still be extremely hurt by them. granny is not on either of those lists, and being a called a granny is not an ace in my mind. i still feel the need/desire to call any older female who interferes with shit and doesn't pay attention to what the hell is going on an old lady/granny. i dont see what's wrong with that yet, as that is how pretty much every old lady i've ever met anywhere in the world is/was, including my grandmothers. if it is an age discrimination thing, that may be the case. but i dont feel guilty for it right now, esp since in my mind most grannies victimize the people around them, not the other way around. i may change attitudes in coming years tho. i'll keep the world and you scrubs posted.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe