Flame Space

Expectorate your wit here.

Flame Space

Postby nowonmai » Sun May 13, 2012 6:49 pm

So I figure a few people have a few issues they need to resolve, so I propose that we just get it on here in this thread rather than having proxy wars.

I have no issues to resolve as I recognise this for what it is - ie. the internet - and it does not form the basis of my social or sex life. I post because I enjoy it and what you think of me as a person is of no consequence, how could it be? For all you know I am a quadriplegic hermaphrodite (steady fansy I can see you getting aroused over there). I recommend some of you thin skinned cunts out there try that too. Gender of all things has no relevance. This is words on a page.

the only thing that irritates me is irrationality, hypocrisy or plain cuntishness. These thre traits have been much in evidence of late, which is great for me because it gives me something to take the piss out of. So let's go for it and do the whole fucking village - get it all out in the open.

Question 1 - why exactly was Penta banned and what is the relationship between those who were most involved in banning her?

Question 2 - why does Holland feel that friendlyskies needs to be treated differently than say, gnaruki, or any other male poster on the board/

Question 3 - Does svizzerams fancy me or what?
User avatar
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 11521
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:52 pm

Re: Flame Space

Postby JITW » Sun May 13, 2012 6:57 pm

Faggot


~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
User avatar
JITW
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:28 am
Location: Virginia - Iraq - Kurdistan - Indonesia - Thailand

Re: Flame Space

Postby Kurt » Sun May 13, 2012 7:03 pm

This thread is the perfect place for this. If it gets popular we can move it into its own "Flame Forum".

So answer whatever question you want and fire away with whatever you want.
And from thence they went to Beer....(Num 21:16)
English Bespoke Tailor New York City
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19679
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: Flame Space

Postby JITW » Sun May 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Kurt wrote:This thread is the perfect place for this. If it gets popular we can move it into its own "Flame Forum".

So answer whatever question you want and fire away with whatever you want.


Faggot


~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
User avatar
JITW
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:28 am
Location: Virginia - Iraq - Kurdistan - Indonesia - Thailand

Re: Flame Space

Postby Holland » Sun May 13, 2012 7:15 pm

If my behavior seems odd lately its because there is a store next door that is very loudly playing the pan-flute version of that Celine Dion titanic song and simon and garfunkels El Condor Pasa on repeat and Im about to seriously fucking lose it. I cant be held accountable for anything I post right now.
User avatar
Holland
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:08 am
Location: Central America

Re: Flame Space

Postby JITW » Sun May 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Holland wrote:If my behavior seems odd lately its because there is a store next door that is very loudly playing the pan-flute version of that Celine Dion titanic song and simon and garfunkels El Condor Pasa on repeat and Im about to seriously fucking lose it. I cant be held accountable for anything I post right now.


Faggot


~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
User avatar
JITW
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:28 am
Location: Virginia - Iraq - Kurdistan - Indonesia - Thailand

Re: Flame Space

Postby cowboycraig » Sun May 13, 2012 7:20 pm

JITW wrote:
Holland wrote:If my behavior seems odd lately its because there is a store next door that is very loudly playing the pan-flute version of that Celine Dion titanic song and simon and garfunkels El Condor Pasa on repeat and Im about to seriously fucking lose it. I cant be held accountable for anything I post right now.


Faggot


~JITW


I believe we call them "Cock Smokers" now, get with the times JITW.

CC
User avatar
cowboycraig
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Flame Space

Postby JITW » Sun May 13, 2012 7:24 pm

cowboycraig wrote:
JITW wrote:
Holland wrote:If my behavior seems odd lately its because there is a store next door that is very loudly playing the pan-flute version of that Celine Dion titanic song and simon and garfunkels El Condor Pasa on repeat and Im about to seriously fucking lose it. I cant be held accountable for anything I post right now.


Faggot


~JITW


I believe we call them "Cock Smokers" now, get with the times JITW.

CC


I like 80's slang, so mind your business Faggot


~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
User avatar
JITW
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:28 am
Location: Virginia - Iraq - Kurdistan - Indonesia - Thailand

Re: Flame Space

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun May 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Fuckin' A
Sri Lanky
 

Re: Flame Space

Postby gnaruki » Sun May 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Does it matter?
User avatar
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Flame Space

Postby Dr. V » Sun May 13, 2012 7:56 pm

*sigh*

Can't we have a flame war another night I'm still working my through Supernatural - will Sammy save the world, will Dean get the girl, will Bobby ever walk again, what will happen in the battle between Angels and Demons and is Lucifer, Castiel or Michael really the Bad Guy and how will a black 1967 Chevrolet Impala save the world????
User avatar
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus
 
Posts: 1567
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: Flame Space

Postby rdkll » Sun May 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Holland wrote:If my behavior seems odd lately its because there is a store next door that is very loudly playing the pan-flute version of that Celine Dion titanic song and simon and garfunkels El Condor Pasa on repeat and Im about to seriously fucking lose it. I cant be held accountable for anything I post right now.


oh man, i know exactly what you are going through.

hotel california


the horror
rdkll
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:29 am
Location: bauhaus hammock

Re: Flame Space

Postby nowonmai » Sun May 13, 2012 8:23 pm

No, lofty indifference just won't do. We've been down this road before and it's a familiar pattern: first a false premise is created by repetition of a false argument. In this case that flipflop "and others" are bullying "women" on this board; then we slide straight to the sexist 'be nice to women because they need special protection' argument, thus neatly sidestepping the fact that there was no gender based, or indeed any, bullying in the first place. It's pretty much the BFC equivalent of the race card and one which Svizzerams has played often. Friendlyskies I thought had more about her than that, but obviously not, and the sidebar inputs of Holland and indirectly Jaeger are borderline bizarre but no doubt offered aid and comfort to the people who were cynically deploying a low class card. Needless to say Peton's spasmodic interjections were always ill informed but would err on what he saw as a right on agenda, again with strong overtones of old fashioned sexism.

So we had that merry game with Penta and it went on for years and flipflop "and others" were always the bad guys, no matter what the evidence to the contrary. Pelton would absurdly wade in like some aged knight on a blown pony arriving at the wrong battle too late. But then something curious happened, people met, they socialised, who knows what else happened. that witches brew blew away all pretensions at lofty indiffernce and an old fashioned fight took place by modern means. The vanquished was Penta, so who was the victor?

So the same pattern is starting to emerge, a formless bleat begins to grow legs and third parties leap on a passing bandwagon and old grudges start to emerge and again Flipflop is the patsy. So who's banging who this time?

ps Holland. So you were wrong or you were right? Had you even read the whole thread? And why does Friendlyskies need more protection than flipflop? Is her female mind too fragile to cope with the awful reality of discovering that she's wrong? I thought you were a stand up free thinker.
User avatar
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 11521
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:52 pm

Re: Flame Space

Postby friendlyskies » Sun May 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Oh, where did I say I was offended? Oh, right, I didn't. I said I was bored with the repetitive drivel of these boring flame wars. Do you seriously think I'm hurt by flipflop's transparently affected folksy insults? Q's gratuitous sexual imagery? Your poorly informed put-downs? By the straw men, ad hominem attacks, diversionary tactics, irrelevant photos/videos etc? The high-school level, chewing-gum-in-hair sexism? Or the thousands upon thousands of posts about Penta? No. I am just bored, and I think they make the BFC boring.

(Although, I do appreciate the white knighting, gentlemen. It was unnecessary, but very sweet and chivalrous and I will remember it.)

Nowonmai, it just proves my point that, rather than move on to anything interesting, like JITW's excellent post about that Brazilian Facebook dude, you had to start a whole tedious, predictable, needlessly abrasive thread. About flame wars. [stifles yawn] Which, of course, started with a false premise (that I was offended), even mentioned Penta, and most pathetic of all, included a disclaimer that your life was so interesting that you didn't need the BFC. Well, you obviously need something. And that's sad.

Anyway, if you want to figure out what bothers me, I suggest you discuss three questions:

Question 1 - Why do you and flipflop keep bringing up Penta?

Question 2 - Why can't you think of any new ways to flame/troll people?

Question 3 - Why aren't you smart or well-informed enough to think of interesting posts that will engage people without the gratuitous ego-stroking that underlies these boring little flame wars?
Last edited by friendlyskies on Sun May 13, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
User avatar
friendlyskies
Vata Loca
 
Posts: 7457
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Atlantis

Re: Flame Space

Postby svizzerams » Sun May 13, 2012 9:46 pm

nowonmai wrote:No, lofty indifference just won't do. We've been down this road before and it's a familiar pattern: first a false premise is created by repetition of a false argument. In this case that flipflop "and others" are bullying "women" on this board; then we slide straight to the sexist 'be nice to women because they need special protection' argument, thus neatly sidestepping the fact that there was no gender based, or indeed any, bullying in the first place. It's pretty much the BFC equivalent of the race card and one which Svizzerams has played often. Friendlyskies I thought had more about her than that, but obviously not, and the sidebar inputs of Holland and indirectly Jaeger are borderline bizarre but no doubt offered aid and comfort to the people who were cynically deploying a low class card. Needless to say Peton's spasmodic interjections were always ill informed but would err on what he saw as a right on agenda, again with strong overtones of old fashioned sexism.

So we had that merry game with Penta and it went on for years and flipflop "and others" were always the bad guys, no matter what the evidence to the contrary. Pelton would absurdly wade in like some aged knight on a blown pony arriving at the wrong battle too late. But then something curious happened, people met, they socialised, who knows what else happened. that witches brew blew away all pretensions at lofty indiffernce and an old fashioned fight took place by modern means. The vanquished was Penta, so who was the victor?

So the same pattern is starting to emerge, a formless bleat begins to grow legs and third parties leap on a passing bandwagon and old grudges start to emerge and again Flipflop is the patsy. So who's banging who this time?

ps Holland. So you were wrong or you were right? Had you even read the whole thread? And why does Friendlyskies need more protection than flipflop? Is her female mind too fragile to cope with the awful reality of discovering that she's wrong? I thought you were a stand up free thinker.


wrongo boyo - I do not specify that the "bullying behavior" is gender specific - but you like to dismiss me and other women on the board by attacking our gender as a sign of our inherent weakness (cue up John Cusack comments of last night) Your filter boyo, not mine. So perhaps you are conceding a sexist component to your behavior and I would accept you are probably onto something, but you would be hard pressed to find a post of mine making statement to the effect that you are mean to me or FS or Penta because we are women. But that is besides the point - I only would characterize it as bullying when the behavior is directed toward an individual over several posts - in general the behavior exhibited is non-contributory, snide asides, boorish, vulgar...I don't really know if you are a man or a woman for sure - this is only the internets after all no one here really counts anyway - you could be some obese chain smoking bored out her mind shop woman living in an estate in N. London for all I know adopting a curmudgeon world weary persona. Poor FF - he can dish it out but can't take it? His comment to to Holland re: FS was over the line. Waaaah. The evidence of why people are sick of his behavior and yours and Q is plainly spewed all over the board under the monikers you have each individually chosen. When you, Q, FF want to attack a female in the board the the gender card is pulled, when its a man who is denigrated its the faggot card. Sometimes the context makes the difference, but usually its just out of viciousness. If you can't see that maybe you are starting to cross lines maybe that is why we are having this discussion (and its not because I'm a poor girl with hurt feelings), jesus, you are thick.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
User avatar
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette
 
Posts: 6394
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:00 am
Location: Drug Goddess of Chelanistan

Next

Return to Rants, Flame Wars, Opinions and humor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests