Kerry Fading....

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Kerry Fading....

Postby Shining Eye » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:09 am

CNN/USA TODAY/GALLUP POLL
October 14-16
Choice for President

Likely Registered
Voters Voters

Bush 52% 49%
Kerry 44 46
Nader 1 1

FOR RELEASE: Sunday, October 17 at noon

Interviews with 1,013 adult Americans, including 788 likely voters and 942 registered voters, conducted by telephone on October 14-16, 2004

Although Americans think John Kerry did the best job in the debates, that has not translated into an increase in his popularity, which in turn means that he appears to have lost a little ground to Bush. Among registered voters, a 48%-48% tie is now a 49%-46% edge for Bush -- not much of a difference and, with the sampling error, not a significant change. The Gallup likely voter model, which identified those respondents who are most likely to cast a ballot, is magnifying those shifts, with a 49%-48% advantage for Kerry turning into a 52%-44% lead for Bush. What's going on?

For one thing, the charge that Kerry is too liberal, which Bush emphasized mostly in the third and last debate on Wednesday night, seems to be sticking. Nearly half say Kerry's political views are too liberal. (Four in ten say Bush is too conservative.) But didn't Kerry win the debate? Yes, as with the first two debates, the public thinks Kerry did the better job on Wednesday night. But as Al Gore learned in 2000, winning a debate on points does not necessarily translate into votes or make a candidate more popular. As in 2000, Bush's favorable ratings -- Americans view of him as a person -- went up after a debate that he lost. Kerry's favorable rating has remained flat. Republicans seem more enthusiastic about the election, and thus more likely to vote, as reflected in the Gallup likely voter model.

Bush may have energized his base in the final debate at the expense of not appealing to a wider audience -- but he managed to do so in a way that made him more popular than Kerry.

October 14-16
Likely Voters'
Choice for President

Now Oct. 9-10

Bush 52% 48%
Kerry 44 49
Nader 1 1

Sampling error: +/-4% pts

QUESTION: Now, suppose that the presidential election were being held today, and it included John Kerry and John Edwards as the Democratic candidates, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney as the Republican candidates, and Ralph Nader and Peter Camejo as independent candidates. Would you vote for Kerry and Edwards, the Democrats,Bush and Cheney, the Republicans, or Nader and Camejo, the independent candidates?

October 14-16
Favorable Ratings

Now Oct. 9-10
Bush 55% 51%
Kerry 52 52

Sampling error: +/-3% pts

October 14-16
Opinion of George W. Bush

Now Oct. 9-10
Favorable 55% 51%
Unfavorable 44 46

QUESTION: Next, we'd like to get your overall opinion of some people in the news. As I read each name, please say if you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of these people -- or if you have never heard of them. A. George W. Bush B. John Kerry

October 14-16
Kerry's Political Views

Too liberal 47%
About right 38
Too conservative 9

October 14-16
Bush's Political Views

Too liberal 14%
About right 41
Too conservative 40

end
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

Postby Romeo247 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:20 am

zzzzzzzz

another trick pimped by the media....

zzzzzzzz
Whats the #1 cause of divorce?? MARRIAGE
---- Fact
Romeo247
BFCus Regularus

Postby kilroy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:22 am

Bush 52% 49%

Sampling error: +/-4% pts

uh, yeah, guess what that means...
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dim » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:04 pm

According to this site things are pretty damn even

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

My gut tells me that Bush will carry Ohio and Florida and win the election - but there's still a couple weeks to go and anything could happen.
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is cursed.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:28 pm

Dim wrote:According to this site things are pretty damn even

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

My gut tells me that Bush will carry Ohio and Florida and win the election - but there's still a couple weeks to go and anything could happen.

Absolutely. I hope that whoever wins, wins by an uncontestable amount, otherwise things could get really ugly.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby goat balls » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:32 pm

Doesn't matter really...conservatives still control congress.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:21 pm

Doesn't matter really...conservatives still control congress.

I think the Crats will have a good chance at taking back the Senate.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Marco_Benoit » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:50 am

Kerry rebounded after the debates. When everyone saw how much of a buffoon Bush is, the momentum when Kerry's way.
Marco_Benoit
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe