So.... quick question

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: So.... quick question

Postby Dr. V » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:04 am

seektravelinfo wrote: In the meantime, I'm here and would appreciate you putting your well schooled expertise into any feedback about traveling in India.

lived there for nine months, got very sick, coughed up lots of blood, hated it. Have no plans to return any time soon and would happily never go there again. Don't get on an Air India plane, learn to love Bollywood and make sure you go to Jaipur for the Red fort and jewellery.
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:29 am

The Red Fort is in Delhi.

Just sayin.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:35 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:The Red Fort is in Delhi.

Just sayin.

Isn't it the Pink Palace in Jaipur?
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby buffybot_in_beirut » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Red Fort: In Delhi
Jaipur = "Pink City" with its "Palace of the Winds"
And if you're in Jaipur (Rajastan) already, go to Jaisalmer, which has dozens of houses far more elegant than the Palace of the Winds.
And if you're sick of curries in India, go to Goa.
Oh and I also vote for giving Penta a re-entry admission ticket to the BFC.
buffybot_in_beirut
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Penta never threatened anyone with physical harm. She is a lovely lady with off the shelf left wing views who takes the actions or chosen career path of some people too seriously. I never had a problem with her but a select group of people on the board did.

In any case I have no problem having her here but some people found her extra blag flag activities disturbing. And like I said no person should feel threatened here, abused and ridiculed internetly yes, but not in real life.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:15 pm

buffybot_in_beirut wrote:And if you're sick of curries in India, go to Goa.

But that place is full of hippys and izzies. If you are sick of curry go to rotin ronnies. The Maharaja Macs made of mutton or chicken are not bad and you can fart with confidence for the rest of the day.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:19 pm

vlindsay wrote:
seektravelinfo wrote: In the meantime, I'm here and would appreciate you putting your well schooled expertise into any feedback about traveling in India.

lived there for nine months, got very sick, coughed up lots of blood, hated it. Have no plans to return any time soon and would happily never go there again. Don't get on an Air India plane, learn to love Bollywood and make sure you go to Jaipur for the Red fort and jewellery.

That's terrible! so I imagine you're not a big fan of curry now? Well, I am half-assed committed to going in the spring. The plane ticket is the big bite but I like to think that once there I could travel pretty cheaply. I hope that would be the case.
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fenrisco » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:32 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:you can fart with confidence for the rest of the day.

Good to see you back. Just got over a bout of the Bloodnoks myself so am cheerfully chuffing away.
"Do What Keepeth Thou from Wilting Shall Be the Loophole of The Law"
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

Postby Bobby Sands » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:22 am

RYP wrote:I never had a problem with her but a select group of people on the board did.

In any case I have no problem having her here but some people found her extra blag flag activities disturbing.

vlindsay wrote:Firstly Penta was banned before I obtained admin powers.

Secondly It was only after discussions with RYP that I agreed to act as BFCAdmin - taking it on whilst Kurt was off learning how to programme computers in Plankalkül.

I was given a very clear steer from RYP about banning Penta. In fact early on - because the decisions were so controversial - everything was run by RYP who had the option to overturn any decision.

Damn, the toughest decision that nobody ever made... RYP has no problem with her being on the Flag... Kurt was on sabbatical... vlindsay wasn't even an Admin yet and RYP had the option to overturn any decision (that, apparently, no one made).

I long for a Samuel L. Jackson to come out and just say, "Yes, Penta deserves to die, and I hope she burns in Hell!"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMGMZsKXz94[/youtube]

Anyway, it's you-alls board, so keep on keepin' on. Yes, yes, I know, it ain't a democracy here, and being an Admin is an unpaid position, etc.

If I crossed someone's line of death over there, you can ban me, or lock this thread, etc. Thanks for entertaining my questions and letting this thread continue as long as you did.
Bobby Sands
Sword of Damocles

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:11 am

So.... long answer
Sri Lanky

Postby RYP » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:30 pm

I don't know that anyone really needs travel advice for India. The locals are about the friendliest and most helpful people you can find. I have always wanted to go to the south but the north is pretty dramatic and drenched in history. You will find no shortage of nose ring and bus tourists if you get lonely.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby denise » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:36 am

fub
Last edited by denise on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby thewalrus » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:45 am

Unless you're an even moderately attractive woman.... Then the locals can be a little too friendly.
thewalrus
BFCus Regularus

Postby shivers » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:23 pm

I had no fuckin clue that I met Bobby Sands in real life.
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:04 pm

shivers wrote:I had no fuckin clue that I met Bobby Sands in real life.

Neither did I.

He is either teasing or he is an alter ego of some other NYC dweller here.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe