The left's devotion to democratic government

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Postby goat balls » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:24 pm

Since Dim opened the comic bag of worms:

goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aegis » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:03 pm

SoloPilot wrote:The left wing want my money, my guns and my life. The right wing wants my money, my guns, and my soul.

What is there to choose between?

However, between Kerry and Bush, there is a LOT to choose between, and I trust Kerry a whole lot less than I trust Bush.

I sure as hell won't vote for someone who says that he will put MY country's defense to a "global test."

*Slaps forehead in mild disgust*

Its like your One-Stop-Shop for ALL your Republican party talking points.

NOTE: NOT a Democrat, not a leftist of any sort.
Last edited by Aegis on Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"[R]emember, Roman, these will be your arts: to teach the ways of peace to those you conquer, to spare defeated peoples, tame the proud."

-Virgil, the Aeneid
Aegis
BFCus Regularus

Location: The dark heart of "Red" Oregon... or I guess its "Blue" Oregon now.

Postby patriot » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:11 pm

So...you like funnies eh? Try THESE on for size!!!

patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby SoloPilot » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:59 pm

Uh . . .Aegis . . ?

KERRY is the one who said that he would put any such question to "the global test." Take it up with him.

BTW, I'm not into one-stop-shopping. I don't let ABC "set my agenda." My opinions come from years of observation and skepticism, not to mention a few I-was-there-dammits.

No, you may NOT know which theres I was.
SoloPilot

Location: There I was, flat on my back, outta fuel, outta ammo, no commo . . .

Postby Aegis » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:15 pm

SoloPilot wrote:Uh . . .Aegis . . ?

KERRY is the one who said that he would put any such question to "the global test." Take it up with him.

BTW, I'm not into one-stop-shopping. I don't let ABC "set my agenda." My opinions come from years of observation and skepticism, not to mention a few I-was-there-dammits.

Yes, but then again Bush also said we "Would not have an all-volunteer military."

The key is CONTEXT. Just as Bush corrected his slip, Kerry prefaced his comment with the statement that he would not take the option of pre-emptive military action off the table.

All you are doing is parroting what the talking heads have been harping on on Fox news ever since the first debate.

Also, claiming "I was there" and then not specifying where "there" was tends to set off my "Bullshit" sense.
"[R]emember, Roman, these will be your arts: to teach the ways of peace to those you conquer, to spare defeated peoples, tame the proud."

-Virgil, the Aeneid
Aegis
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dim » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:34 pm

My opinions come from years of observation and skepticism, not to mention a few I-was-there-dammits.

Wow - if you can't tell us where you were you must have been some kind of super-secret covert spy. Your knowledge of world events - even though it seems laughably simplistic and taken verbatim from FOX pundits - must actually be far superior to anyone else on this site, including me.

After all, visiting web-sites and dropping hints about being a spy or specfor operative is something only a REAL spy would do.
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is cursed.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:37 pm

Hahahaha!!!
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby SoloPilot » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:40 pm

Bush had a slip of the lip, Kerry was giving a position. Bush was thinking about NOT having the DRAFT. What was Kerry thinking?

Not taking an option "off the table" doesn't mean that it will be considered. That he said the whole "global test" thing in the first place is pretty suspect.

No, I have been "harping" on this since I saw him say it (on TV) in the debate. I don't watch Fox News, I don't have cable.

You claimed that I was "one-stop shopping." I wasn't. But don't let the truth change your opinions . . .'
SoloPilot

Postby SoloPilot » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:42 pm

Yeah, Dim, I'm a spy.

Anyone with a greater understanding of the world might come up with other reasons that I would not want to tell where I was or when, but you are welcome to believe that I'm a spy.
SoloPilot

Postby Aegis » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:45 pm

SoloPilot wrote:Bush had a slip of the lip, Kerry was giving a position. Bush was thinking about NOT having the DRAFT. What was Kerry thinking?

Not taking an option "off the table" doesn't mean that it will be considered. That he said the whole "global test" thing in the first place is pretty suspect.

No, I have been "harping" on this since I saw him say it (on TV) in the debate. I don't watch Fox News, I don't have cable.

You claimed that I was "one-stop shopping." I wasn't. But don't let the truth change your opinions . . .'

It means by definition that it will be considered. If it wasn't being considered it would be, by definition, off the table.

And I said that YOU were a one stop shop for all our republican talking points needs. Even if you aren't in any way exposed to them by media or what have you, you are firing them off to the "T."

-Virgil, the Aeneid
Aegis
BFCus Regularus

Postby SoloPilot » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:20 am

I dunno, I'm not a Republican, so I don't pay much attention to what they say. But it seems that you think they agree with me more than I think that they do.
SoloPilot

Postby Tarkan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:28 am

Aegis wrote:It means by definition that it will be considered. If it wasn't being considered it would be, by definition, off the table.

And I said that YOU were a one stop shop for all our republican talking points needs. Even if you aren't in any way exposed to them by media or what have you, you are firing them off to the "T."

Aegis, we have a lot of people that act as one stop shops for the Democratic talking point needs. Out of curiosity, why don't you ever jump on them for it?
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aegis » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:00 am

Tarkan wrote:
Aegis wrote:It means by definition that it will be considered. If it wasn't being considered it would be, by definition, off the table.

Aegis, we have a lot of people that act as one stop shops for the Democratic talking point needs. Out of curiosity, why don't you ever jump on them for it?

What the hell are you talking about?

I've gotten into arguments with Dim, Patriot, Prodigal Son, Penta and Kasca all in recent memory.

I'm not trying to jump on anyone intentionally, its just that some people make easier targets of themselves than others. Solopilot, while I'm sure he's probably a nice guy, has made a target of himself.

-Virgil, the Aeneid
Aegis
BFCus Regularus

LOL

Postby ROB » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:02 am

Holy shit! That photo is taken about 300 meters from where I used to live and I am pretty sure I know the guy standing in the foreground.

FYI - it is a VERY safe labour electorate located about half a kilometer from the University of Sydney. (Though anyone who takes that statement as anything more than a joke is probably misguided).

Though I am sure Tarkan will be pleased to know that left wing vandals also attack the hard targets in that area - like the army reserve office about 150 meters away - got quite a bit of anti-war graffiti.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:43 pm

I've gotten into arguments with Dim, Patriot, Prodigal Son, Penta and Kasca all in recent memory.

I ain't no dirty Crat!!!
patriot
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe