Genetic Engineering and World Peace

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Genetic Engineering and World Peace

Postby Lethal Dose » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:47 am

Being the humanitarian that I am, I have thought long and hard about how to solve the greatest challenges facing the human race. After solving issues of world hunger and global over-population (expressed in an article that seems to have been deleted by someone who doesn't value freedom of speech or opinions that differ from their own) I turned my attention to difficulty that the human race seems to have with living in peace with one another.

The problem that has been inherent in previous attempts to achieve peace on a large scale has resided in a common ignorance of human nature. People can only feel good about themselves when they are oppressing or outright killing those who are different from themselves. Historically, it is the only motivation that is strong enough to make people work in very large groups for extended periods. Racial and religious differences are sufficient to justify mass murder and genocide, but how do you get people of different religions and races to come together? You give them others to oppress or kill that aren't technically people. That is where genetic engineering comes in.

Now we know that humans and higher primates share over 98% of the same DNA. We've even isolated the gene that makes the brains of chimps different from our own. With this knowledge we can create apes with a learning capacity similar to humans, which is where we would start. Adding genes from other creatures to make this new invention truly alien in appearance would be the next step. Creating these creatures, and using costumed people to prepare them and motivate them for war with humans, we equip them with weapons designed for use with their unique physiology (because we wouldn't want to make them capable of using our tools and weapons) we sterilize them. We then send them out on missions to kill as many people as they can before they get taken down.

Yes, we take advantage of the inherent Xenophobia of humans by creating aliens and convincing the world that they are now in a united fight for the survival of their species. Most of the skirmishes would be small, since creating these things would be costly, and we may need to send a "spaceship" to nuke a stadium full of people during a live broadcast to really get the whole world to pay attention and get on board (kinda like we did with 9/11 for the war on terror), but compared to the cost of war, it would be insignificant. People would not have to constantly be fighting this new enemy to be content with their common superiority. This time it would not be a feeling of superiority of ideology, religion, or race that would draw people together, but superiority of their species over another species. A superiority they would only intermittently need to be reminded of, because complacency is also part of human nature.

- Lethal Dose
Why? Cuz I said so, that's why!
Lethal Dose

Re: Genetic Engineering and World Peace

Postby coldharvest » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:55 am

I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Lethal Dose » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Thoughtful of you to share your sexual preferences with everyone, but you're rather off-topic.
Lethal Dose

Postby coldharvest » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:47 pm

Lethal Dose wrote:Thoughtful of you to share your sexual preferences with everyone, but you're rather off-topic.

You see a prostate exam as something sexual?
.....you are a fucking weirdo.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Lethal Dose » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:36 pm

coldharvest wrote:
Lethal Dose wrote:Thoughtful of you to share your sexual preferences with everyone, but you're rather off-topic.

You see a prostate exam as something sexual?
.....you are a fucking weirdo.

I'm not a weirdo, I just assumed you were. Who but a weirdo posts a prostate exam in response to the answer to world peace? (Or at all for that matter)

We're dealing with some important global issues here and you're acting like some runt in a playground. Show some maturity and contribute to the conversation. I'd love to get your serious feedback on my solutions to global challenges. Everyone should be a part of the conversation.

- LD
Lethal Dose

Return to Black Flag Cafe