Awful beer.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Awful beer.

Postby suwon fish » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:17 am

kilroy wrote:yeah, talked to a buddy about that, he said early last year they moved it by suwon station (shitty location for a nightclub in my opinion) and it started to suck really bad. as far as he knows it's still there by 수원역, but most of the people that worked there moved on to other clubs and he doesn't go there anymore. very sad :( i'll have to find a new haunt now when i go back.

Nice Hangul! If you come back I'll hook you up with an awful beer or three and take you to Tinpan in Yong Tong. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
A day should not be praised until the Sun has set, a woman until she is burned, a sword until it's tested, ice until it's crossed or beer until it's drunk - Viking proverb
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:03 pm

I'll hook you up with an awful beer

Lets not be invitin the Suwon Fish to any BFC pissups.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby suwon fish » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:07 am

rickshaw92 wrote:

In retrospect the offer does seem rather un-appealing. In my own defence, it was in keeping with the thread topic and also (South) Korea only has shit beer. Cass, OB (Oriental brewery) and Hite all taste the same going down your Gregory Peck as they do (I imagine) when you later talk to a man about a horse...

Should we ever manage a pissup together I promise you only the best Mr Shaw! And Kilroy, lets make it a micro brewery ^^

AztecDave wrote:Worst kind of beer? Anything brewed in the US. All of it weak bodied, flavorless, soulless piss. Micro breweries just brew smaller batches of piss swill. With weird or stupid names.

American beer is like sex in a canoe, it's fucking close to water!
A day should not be praised until the Sun has set, a woman until she is burned, a sword until it's tested, ice until it's crossed or beer until it's drunk - Viking proverb
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:23 am

Should we ever manage a pissup together I promise you only the best Mr Shaw! And Kilroy, lets make it a micro brewery

A micro brewery would be cool. I have thought about suggesting just that idea the next time we meet in London. Brewery tour, buy a tee shirt, get utterly shitfaced.

http://maps.google.com.et/maps/place?hl ... 7607003343

If only the Heinakin brewery tour was what it was, when I went in 93 and 94 you would get in line at 7am or so to be on the first tour so as to get more drinking time. I would leave at 1130 utterly gibbled. Had a stop over in Amsterdam 5 or so years ago and it wasent the same as I only got a bit fucked up.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby LechoZX » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:41 am

suwon fish wrote:American beer is like sex in a canoe, it's fucking close to water!

Good one.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby kilroy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:11 pm

suwon fish wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:

In retrospect the offer does seem rather un-appealing. In my own defence, it was in keeping with the thread topic and also (South) Korea only has shit beer. Cass, OB (Oriental brewery) and Hite all taste the same going down your Gregory Peck as they do (I imagine) when you later talk to a man about a horse...

Should we ever manage a pissup together I promise you only the best Mr Shaw! And Kilroy, lets make it a micro brewery ^^

AztecDave wrote:Worst kind of beer? Anything brewed in the US. All of it weak bodied, flavorless, soulless piss. Micro breweries just brew smaller batches of piss swill. With weird or stupid names.

American beer is like sex in a canoe, it's fucking close to water!

there are some decent brewpubs showing up in korea recently. word to the wise on the big brews though, hite max prime is the only korean beer that uses 100% barley malt. so it's like the least awful of the bunch.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Spinscan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:43 am

An Australian beer called Southwark which I believe means tastes like piss.
Spinscan

Postby Caliban » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:03 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:
Should we ever manage a pissup together I promise you only the best Mr Shaw! And Kilroy, lets make it a micro brewery

A micro brewery would be cool. I have thought about suggesting just that idea the next time we meet in London. Brewery tour, buy a tee shirt, get utterly shitfaced.

You are a fucking god in human form, what a brilliant idea. One of my mates (also recently retired) has just got a job delivery driving for a micro brewery up here. The guy who owns it has said he'll soon run him through the manufacture process. I intend to kill him in his sleep for stealing my new job.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby gnaruki » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:18 am

My favorite awful beer. I always buy a six pack of it when I'm picking up cod heads and durians at the asian mart.

gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Re:

Postby ktrout » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:
Awful beer

Any non-American beer

~JITW

MGD is my old stand by. Can not stand Bud. I like a good Hefeweizen. The crap brewers stick with Lagers. I didn't like Baltika 3 in Russia. Or course, PBR and Blatz are bottom of the barrel.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:36 pm

worst beer in a great place? Wadadli beer in Antigua. Just awful.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:05 am

AztecDave wrote:worst beer in a great place? Wadadli beer in Antigua. Just awful.

Is that rum distillery still around that sells their rum in unwashed bottles collected off the beach?
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:47 am

lah!
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby hog » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:27 am

Okles beer, Isle of Man.
Sometimes I wonder... will God ever forgive us for what we've done to each other? Then I look around and I realize... God left this place a long time ago
hog

Postby crotalus01 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:48 am

gnaruki wrote:Image

lah!

Tiger is much better than San Miguel.....
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe