Awful beer.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Awful beer.

Postby Jäeger » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:45 pm

You just need to hang out with more red-headed sluts, Jäeger

If caffeine and alcohol are such a crime why not "slow your roll" with Drank

I will take on both of these suggestions....merely in the interests of objectivity.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby Jezcruzen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Alpha beer in Athens with San Miguel in Spain a close second.
Jezcruzen

Postby Caliban » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:41 am

I'm sorry, but I have trawled through the dozen or so pages of this topic many times and this phrase "awful beer" is still completely lost on me. Whats wrong with you girlies?

For fuck sake,its all beer; drink it piss it throw up fall down start again. It only becomes binge drinking if you stop.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:08 pm

Caliban wrote:I'm sorry, but I have trawled through the dozen or so pages of this topic many times and this phrase "awful beer" is still completely lost on me. Whats wrong with you girlies?

For fuck sake,its all beer; drink it piss it throw up fall down start again. It only becomes binge drinking if you stop.

Nothin like a 6 pack of Tesco lager after runnin about town nickin scallywags eh?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Caliban » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:01 am

rickshaw92 wrote:
Caliban wrote:I'm sorry, but I have trawled through the dozen or so pages of this topic many times and this phrase "awful beer" is still completely lost on me. Whats wrong with you girlies?

Nothin like a 6 pack of Tesco lager after runnin about town nickin scallywags eh?

I have never been short of a place somewhere in the city to do a lot better than that. But yes.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Sparky » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:22 am

Getting back to the world's most putrid beer, I almost barfed on a Sol with Lemon and salt. Absolutley the worst beer I have ever tasted
Sparky

Postby DBR » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:58 am

Carling's Black Label.
I was on my way back from the P.O., not the Parole Officer, but the Post Office, and I was being followed by Yuri and Sergei Cutchikokoff. Normally these guys were my Ketel One dealers, but today was much, much different...

Survival Lab Blog
DBR

Postby mapandcompass » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:03 pm

Lone Star for sure.
mapandcompass
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:17 am

And you claim to be a Texan.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby mapandcompass » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:36 am

Have you ever tried that crap? Impossible to get drunk on, a guaranteed hangover, and belongs in a trailerpark. Hell, I knew kids in high school who wouldn't touch that stuff, and we'd drink virtually anything.

If you want decent Texas beers, try the Shiner family or the Ziegenbocks.
mapandcompass
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:43 am

Shiner Bock is a brew of The Gods.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Hitoru » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:07 am

My wife's family is from Shiner. Dad knew Cosmos, the brewer. They used to bring a free case to the farm every week.
Ziegenbock tastes like brown Budweiser.
Oh, it is Budweiser.

Anyways, Lonestar is brewed by Miller now. We get drunk on it when the boss is buying.

Shiner Bock and Tannerite
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Hitoru » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:16 am

At the local drive thru beer-barn.

Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Charlie-CBC » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:59 am

India had the worst beers I've ever seen. The worst was Kalyani Black Label, I think that was the name. I am not joking when I say there was such quality control issues with it that when you got 4 bottles of it, a couple would taste different and be a different color than the other two. Some bottles tasted funny. There would be sediment at the bottom of some. Some of the glass bottles were brown, some were clear, some were green. I've never seen anything like it. I don't know what I was thinking drinking that stuff. What can I say, India's not exactly a beer drinker's paradise.
Other brands of Indian beer would probably compete with any other brand mentioned in this thread for the shittiest beer ever.
Charlie-CBC

Postby mapandcompass » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Hitoru! the beer barns are such a great invention.

In Louisiana, you used to be able to (and maybe still can) go to a drive-thru drink barn, where you could order some seriously stout beverages (swamp juice, double margaritas, whatever) and they're served in a white 20oz. styrofoam cup. And it's legally not an open container, because the straw it's served with is still in the paper wrapper.

Long live the southern love affair with booze.
mapandcompass
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe