I punch like a sissy !

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

I punch like a sissy !

Postby Margelatu » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:34 am

Guys, I need some urgent advice from you, the experts out there. I recently found out the hard way that... well, my punch is not what it used to be ( I haven't been involved in a fight in a long, long time ). Are there any ways of fortifiyng my fist, provided that I'm mostly on the road now? Thanx in advance to you and to my legs, which are still strong and saved my ass ;)
"Character IS Destiny"
Sigmund Freud
Margelatu

Re: I punch like a sissy !

Postby coldharvest » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:17 am

Margelatu wrote:Guys, I need some urgent advice from you, the experts out there. I recently found out the hard way that... well, my punch is not what it used to be ( I haven't been involved in a fight in a long, long time ). Are there any ways of fortifiyng my fist, provided that I'm mostly on the road now? Thanx in advance to you and to my legs, which are still strong and saved my ass ;)

Punch a makiwara, you build up more calcium in your bones.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Mikethehack » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Get some knuckledusters for that little bit of oomph.
Failing that, get someone else to do your punching for you.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Just tell whoevers fuckin with ya to fuck off and die.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:21 pm

Do what I do and kick
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Michael » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:33 pm

Something made of wood or metal, about two inches in diameter and about two feet long works well, just as long as you aren't bringing a club to a gunfight.
Michael
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Rule #1: Bring enough gun.

...but more importantly, why did you get in a physical altercation...describe the situation and could there have been steps to avoid it?
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:13 am

God I can't post it again so soon. The details of the technique is: raise one hand in the air with arm outstretched to the ceiling, point the other to the ground, arm outstretched. Do this at approximately 5m distance from your opponent. Start circling the arms as rapidly as possible and build up speed - in order to maximise your chi you need at least 90RPM. Once you have reached maximum speed then advance quickly on your opponent - in this way chairs, tables, even walls will not be an obstacle - all will be swept aside by the sheer power of this kata. Good luck grasshopper.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:55 am

Learning martial Arts or fighting on the road is tough. Pretty much every country in the world has a boxing gym, western boxing probably has the best punching out of all the fighting styles. You could also buy some videos and practice on your own but nothing beats live training.

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Chimborazo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:18 pm

nowonmai wrote:God I can't post it again so soon. The details of the technique is: raise one hand in the air with arm outstretched to the ceiling, point the other to the ground, arm outstretched. Do this at approximately 5m distance from your opponent. Start circling the arms as rapidly as possible and build up speed - in order to maximise your chi you need at least 90RPM. Once you have reached maximum speed then advance quickly on your opponent - in this way chairs, tables, even walls will not be an obstacle - all will be swept aside by the sheer power of this kata. Good luck grasshopper.

I tried that on Saturday night and got my ass kicked. Thanks a lot.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Mikethehack » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:05 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:You could also buy some videos and practice on your own but nothing beats live training.

It works for me.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack

Postby nowonmai » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Chimborazo wrote:
nowonmai wrote:God I can't post it again so soon. The details of the technique is: raise one hand in the air with arm outstretched to the ceiling, point the other to the ground, arm outstretched. Do this at approximately 5m distance from your opponent. Start circling the arms as rapidly as possible and build up speed - in order to maximise your chi you need at least 90RPM. Once you have reached maximum speed then advance quickly on your opponent - in this way chairs, tables, even walls will not be an obstacle - all will be swept aside by the sheer power of this kata. Good luck grasshopper.

I tried that on Saturday night and got my ass kicked. Thanks a lot.

In my experience this is almost always a failure to achieve the minimum RPM. Did you measure it?

All combatants should note that this advice does not constitute a legal liability and fights may be lost as well as won.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:30 pm

Chimborazo wrote:I tried that on Saturday night and got my ass kicked. Thanks a lot.

No better way to learn how to fight, than to get your ass kicked a couple times.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby Q » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:32 pm

Kurt wrote:Do what I do and kick

Makes more sense. 'Specially with a pair of these on.

Ofcourse, that's assuming you have the pre-made in China docs. The new ones would probably fall apart on your walk to the fight.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby Mikethehack » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Don't fuck with Sissy.

Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe