Burma to Bangladesh

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Burma to Bangladesh

Postby wide.eyed.wanderer » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:36 am

Im trying to get from Thailand to India and i have found border crossings from Thailand to Burma and Bangladesh to India but none for Burma to Bangladesh. Are there any? Or are there any other ways into Bangladesh from Burma?

Thanks,
A life is not measured in years but what you have achieved in those years
wide.eyed.wanderer

Re: Burma to Bangladesh

Postby Jimbo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:51 am

Not by land,no legit land crossings, not into Bangadesh,India, Tibet,Nagaland or anyplace else,you can't even travel from...say... Mae Sot to Rangoon by land...the Burmese military doesn't like people with big nostrils
Jimbo
BFCus Regularus

Postby wide.eyed.wanderer » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:39 am

Jimbo wrote:Not by land,no legit land crossings, not into Bangadesh,India, Tibet,Nagaland or anyplace else,you can't even travel from...say... Mae Sot to Rangoon by land...the Burmese military doesn't like people with big nostrils

Bugger! That sucks. I would'nt have any problems with flying from Rangoon to Dhaka would i?
A life is not measured in years but what you have achieved in those years
wide.eyed.wanderer

Postby Jimbo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:07 am

I would imagine you wouldn't have a problem flying from Ragoon to Bangladesh, but keep in mind that you will have to fly into Rangoon, most likely from Bangkok, the land crossings from the Thai side, Mae Sot/ Myawaddy, Ranong to where ever in Burma are only for one day junkets as is the crossing from Mae Sai into Tachileik(great place to buy DVDs), however with this crossing I think it's still possible to travel onward to Kentung in Shan state but you have to return to Thailand the same way you got to Kentung. It is Burma after all. Funny thing is I've heard that construction of the highway linking northern Burma, Katchin state to Manipur in India is almost done, I guess the only people who will be able to use it (for now at least) are the Burmese, Indians,Bangladeshies & those pesky Chinese...
Jimbo
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe