Mexicana

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Mexicana

Postby Q » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:21 pm

If you ever find yourself headed South, let me recommend Mexicana as THE airline to fly. I've flown them 4 (twice business class, twice cattle.) times now, so I feel comfortable enough giving a decent, realistic account of their service.

The aircraft have always been super clean, and even in tourist class the seats are comfortable. The cabin feels roomy, and you aren't sandwiched in..you actually have some leg room.

Customer service is just unbelievable. Not just because they actually have customer service (as so many airlines don't even bother with these days.), but because everyone from ticket agents to flight crew gives a shit. Little things like never having to ask for a refill on the coffee, flight attendants turning lights on for you so you can read better (without asking), to the random "Is everything going ok with your trip?" questions out of the blue. Doesn't hurt that they are smokin' hot either. Forgot to mention, they actually feed you as well.

As an aside (not really up to Mexicana either), MEX has really gotten it's shit together. Last time I was there the terminals were fooking nasty. But the place is really cleaned up now. Only thing that sucks is that you have to go outside to smoke and that can be a minor pain in the ass if you are in a rush.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Re: Mexicana

Postby Woodsman » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Q wrote:Customer service is just unbelievable.

Actually that is believable and it should be that way everywhere, but for you to call it unbelievable puts your American perspective on it, which we share due to Wal-mart, self-serve gas stations, and Denny's, where you're lucky if you get your coffee filled up even when asking.

A place in America with good service is worth a lot to the right consumer.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:19 pm

My only complaint would be they put the older, less attractive attendants in business. WTF, over?? The hourglass shaped, younger ones should be there, not in cattle class.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby ShanghaiedStampede » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:14 am

They lost my bag for about a week. Pissed me off. Otherwise they were fine.
MALLEVS VITRVM FRANGIT, SERRVM AVTEM TUNDIT
ShanghaiedStampede

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:43 am

Thanks for that Q.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Penta » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Q wrote:My only complaint would be they put the older, less attractive attendants in business. WTF, over?? The hourglass shaped, younger ones should be there, not in cattle class.

Otherwise put as: "They put the most experienced attendants in business, to look after the people who fly a lot, have paid (or their companies have paid) a lot of money to be coddled, who are more interested in good service than ogling and hassling the people who provide the service." Your second post betrays how new to it you are, Q.;)
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Now now Baroness, there id nothing wrong with a fella wantin to be seen to by a nice 18yo hottie, more so if the airline makes em dress like utter skanks. I am sure you have beef cake (?) types servin up the pimms on the good ship Penta when Mr. Penta aint about.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Penta » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:10 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:more so if the airline makes em dress like utter skanks

Says it all. Depends if you prefer professional flight crews or tarts.

I am sure you have beef cake (?) types servin up the pimms on the good ship Penta when Mr. Penta aint about.

How could you doubt it?
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Q » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Penta wrote:
Otherwise put as: "They put the most experienced attendants in business, to look after the people who fly a lot, have paid (or their companies have paid) a lot of money to be coddled, who are more interested in good service than ogling and hassling the people who provide the service."

How does admiring a pretty lady translate into "hassling"?

And as stated, I've recieved the same kind of personal attention in both business and cattle. Ergo, what a you would consider "typical business class service" is standard across the board in that aspect. Or, atleast from my experience.

Penta wrote: professional flight crews or tarts

Uh oh....someone doesn't look good in a mini any more.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Return to Black Flag Cafe