Desert Tactical = shit biz (IMHO)

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Desert Tactical = shit biz (IMHO)

Postby Q » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:57 pm

So about a month and a half ago, I'm prepping to go overseas and amongst other things, want a particular cover. (hat to you civvies, doggies and airmen.) So, I order said item from Desert Tactical (http://www.deserttactical.com). I constantly check the progress of shipping because I'm like a kid on X-mas eve when it comes to shit like that, and I wanted to make sure it would be there before I left US. Kept getting "in progress", and finally got fed up with waiting. Contacted them and was told that the item is back ordered 7 days and hadn't been charged. Ok, not end of the world.

Now, silly me, I expected the order to have been filled when I returned CONUS. Yet, guess what kiddies?? It wasn't waiting for me in it's snug little shipping box when I returned CONUS. So I send a (polite) WTF email 2 weeks ago. No answer. Sent another last night as I was in my aforementioned good mood, and finally got a response.

All that was said was, "Back orders can only be held open for 30 days, after that the order is automatically canceled. You were emailed by the system when the order was dropped." This was the entire response. Ok, dude wants to be a clown. Fine. Nevermind that I wasn't "emailed by the system", or else why am I sending several attempts at contact emails? No apology or "how can I stroke your nuts and make everything right so I don't come across as a shit outfit and lose your future biz?".

Granted, it's a fooking cover, but as with other shopping excursions I make, I always do a "probe" with companies I'm not familiar with. If they fuck up something as simple as this, then I'm certainly not going to drop a bunch of bills on any of their other shit.

Oh, and my major pet peeve is not listing an item as "back ordered". Most of the big boys will list if it is, and all not listing it will do is fuck people off. And then to try and brush it off as "can only be held for 30 days" is bullshit. I never said to cancel my order when he initially told me of the back order issue.

And the issues I had seem to have happend to others.

http://forum.pafoa.org/shops-20/54153-d ... blems.html

So, whatever. I'll get my tactical Hello Kitty hat elsewhere.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Re: Desert Tactical = shit biz (IMHO)

Postby Ultra Swain » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:50 pm

I bet a hat would have been there in 2 days or less.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Re: Desert Tactical = shit biz (IMHO)

Postby coldharvest » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:24 am

those dirty fuckin' freedom-beshating bastards.....I hate them because they obviously love Al-Queerda
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Return to Black Flag Cafe