Which would be more interesting?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Which would be more interesting?

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:00 am

What would you recommend?

a) Providing security for an individual with ties to the Triads and Irish mob (along with his associate who had a failed murder attempt on him) while extracting information from him in order to provide security for the larger community and to use for other activities(unbeknownst to him).

b) Provide security for someone who has a contract on their life.

c) Pressure people culminating in a narcotics bust by a crime family that works for the police.

d) All of the above
Sri Lanky

Re: Which would be more interesting?

Postby coldharvest » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:54 am

d) all of the above

watch your sack.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby shivers » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 am

What the heck? Why bother with any of them? I thought you had a straight job, Sri?

e. none of the above
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:25 pm

They were all done already in a ten-month period in 2007-2008 while doing my straight job.

(a) was the scariest...the guy is a fuckin' psycho but it probably takes one to know one

(b) was out of good intentions

(c) was a bonus but out of stupidity...lucky on that one.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:12 pm

Of course these are all connected. (b) ended up disrupting and altering surveillance patterns,surveillance that a Hells Angel thought was set in stone(they have people on the inside) and now is very fucking paranoid....he also was providing security but had to be more careful for obvious reasons. No big deal but I think (a) might have been a factor considering the Irish mobster is well known to police and the Angels.I provided info about the mobster to the brother of one of the Angel bosses....you don't want any beef with them. The bad thing here is now I might be on the database but no matter.....got nothing on me and nothing has come of it. I'm just a 'friend'.

(c) was revenge time and very,very stupid. You know what they say....dig two graves.

I've had enough of the underworld,thank you very much.
Sri Lanky

Postby coldharvest » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:40 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:You know what they say....dig two graves.

...the secret is not to get in the second grave.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby nowonmai » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:56 pm

Crims are so fucking boring - like all self-obsessed people. Schoolyard debates with guns and banal deaths over a few shekels.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:27 pm

nowonmai wrote:Crims are so fucking boring - like all self-obsessed people. Schoolyard debates with guns and banal deaths over a few shekels.

There's far more to being a villain than that.
It's a public service to the community
If God did not want them to be sheared then why did he make them sheep?
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:35 pm

Sheep are actually smarter than people. At least another species has to police them. The powers that be get people to police themselves....how stupid is that?

Other than scaring the fuck out of a couple of undercovers,which didn't do me any favours. The next best part was breaching the security of a hotel,which was all about applying pressure. Of course this wasn't done single-handedly....there was already a lot of pressure,by police, due to an unsolved murder. A dealer was killed. The person I was protecting had info on it.....which means now maybe I do. The first breach had a violent element to it. Enough violence that I heard that the Angel,who had an interest in the hotel as well,had initially laughed and then realized that he had to be stern and had stated that he didn't like me anymore....boo hoo. The second breach I waited for cops to watch and I was let in by a tenant. I had issues with a Hells associate in the hotel. He had got four cops to rough me up(they tried to break my arm). A pussy move considering the guy is 320 pounds. So,if he used cops then I could. There was really nothing the Angel could do. My straight job is a good cover. I also get interesting info through my job.....on murders for instance. The government is cracking down on bikers hard.....or do they run with them? Factions of the government competing for drug money. Here,they were sending Nigerians to kill associates. The Nigerians do shit all over the world and then run back home. Interesting stuff. They call this the diplomacy business. As luck would have it one such murder I was present at through my job. A few days later I got a call from someone who thought that I knew something. I told them who was killed and they freaked out wondering why they weren't told ahead of time. If this doesn't make any sense don't worry about it. There is no sense.

All of this bullshit because cocaine and heroin are illegal.

The Angel I'm talking about could be the next president here. He's got way more presence than you or I,Cold. Either him or his close partner. Both Mennos....well,one is half. Presence has it's good side and it's bad side. I prefer anonymity to notoriety. Those guys can have it.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:50 pm

Half Menno,half Scottish....enough viking blood to turn the Greenland icecap red.

On a lighter note I got asked to do an intervention on Milson Jones a couple of days ago....the former CFLer. Fuck me.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:19 pm

One thing fo sho: everyone's a pawn.
Sri Lanky

Postby Kurt » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:00 pm

I dig you Sri..but what you have written here is a cakehole = shut moment.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:26 pm

You are absolutely correct,Kurt.

I guess my point was that first world countries are just as dangerous as any other part of the world.

...probably nothing more dangerous than stepping into and potentially slipping in your own bathtub.
Sri Lanky

Postby vagabond » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:You are absolutely correct,Kurt.

I guess my point was that first world countries are just as dangerous as any other part of the world.

...probably nothing more dangerous than stepping into and potentially slipping in your own bathtub.

I thought that was always the point of 'Come Back Alive'? It's amusing and annoying to be lectured by people on how dangerous the world outside their country is when there is so much crazier, deadlier shit happening in it.

Thanks for sharing Sri though very glad I'm not you.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:06 pm

Google "Angels + Winnipeg Free Press + Project DIVIDE"
Sri Lanky

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe