Scotch

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Scotch

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:04 pm

International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:35 pm

I am sure it tastes good but that is one cheeseball-assed presentation but I suppose it works.

Look at it.

Its got blue for middle eastern people, gold for black people, an award for asian people and lots of fancy writing (with a history I presume) for white people.

I should get a bottle of the Green Label for my cabinet in case I have an guests who have not posted on this thread.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:59 pm

Kurt wrote:I should get a bottle of the Green Label for my cabinet in case I have an guests who have not posted on this thread.

Just my opinion as an avid scotch drinker and alcoholic - 99% of people can not tell the difference between Black label and Green Label

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Caliban » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:42 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:
Kurt wrote:I should get a bottle of the Green Label for my cabinet in case I have an guests who have not posted on this thread.

Just my opinion as an avid scotch drinker and alcoholic - 99% of people can not tell the difference between Black label and Green Label

~JITW

Absolutely ! I always take the piss out of some when we have a party, putting cheap crap into a good bottle and the fucktards going "arrhh thats a fine scotch"

I probably can't myself but don't try to either. Srangely (or perhaps not) I like a good single or double malt and know when I like it but I can't stand the mass produced blended scotch of any degree of quality. Eve the smell of it knocks me sick
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Torch » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:10 pm

A good quality and not terribly expensive favorite of mine is Auchentoshan 12 year old single malt.

With St Patty's day tommorow, I'm looking forward to opening a bottle of Bushmills Black Bush that I've had waiting for a few weeks.
Torch
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Torch wrote:With St Patty's day tommorow, I'm looking forward to opening a bottle of Bushmills Black Bush that I've had waiting for a few weeks.

Thats Protestant whiskey, when its free the price is right, make it neat.

(McNulty, The Wire, season three)
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby BillyOblivion » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:40 am

rickshaw92 wrote:
I wouldent be caught dead drinkin wine as that is a total womans drink, but why not try the Rickshaw92 tried, tested, and true method and gettin the cheapest stuff with the most alcohol?
Not for Scotch though, for that ya gotta spend at least a score, anything less and you are an chavastic alchie.

Egri Bikavér. AKA "Bulls Blood of Eger". Makes scotch look like water.
BillyOblivion
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:31 pm

BillyOblivion wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:
I wouldent be caught dead drinkin wine as that is a total womans drink, but why not try the Rickshaw92 tried, tested, and true method and gettin the cheapest stuff with the most alcohol?
Not for Scotch though, for that ya gotta spend at least a score, anything less and you are an chavastic alchie.

In the name of God what are you blathering about?
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Kurt » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:20 am

Caliban wrote:
BillyOblivion wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:

Whatever it is, it must work wonders. On a Scotch thread blathering should be expected.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:28 pm

Just got a bottle of Sheep Dip. Never had it before...never even heard of it. Any fans?
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Chimborazo wrote:Just got a bottle of Sheep Dip. Never had it before...never even heard of it. Any fans?

I've seen it for sale but I tend not to buy booze that is named after excrement.

But please let me know if my predjudice is justified by tasting the damn thing already.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Kurt wrote:
Caliban wrote:
BillyOblivion"[quote="rickshaw92 wrote:
Been there, had that. Did not puke. There is an exception to almost every rule.

Whatever it is, it must work wonders. On a Scotch thread blathering should be expected.[/quote]
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Michael » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:32 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:
Kurt wrote:
Caliban wrote:
BillyOblivion"[quote="rickshaw92 wrote:
Been there, had that. Did not puke. There is an exception to almost every rule.

Makes me wonder, too since it's a Hungarian red wine...decent for wine, but definitely not Scotch.

Whatever it is, it must work wonders. On a Scotch thread blathering should be expected.
[/quote]
Michael
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:34 pm

Dunno why that came out all fucked up.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Michael » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:48 am

rickshaw92 wrote:Dunno why that came out all fucked up.

You and me both.
Michael
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe