A short introduction

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

A short introduction

Postby MrSpockSD » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:11 am

Hi, folks. My name is Frank (or MrSpock, because of my ears and my dream). I have started programming in 1984 and I work as a software developer now. I am both an old-school programmer (started with Pascal) and a new one (a child of the Internet era HTML, PHP) at the same time. I have basically lost a decade in the programming world. Losing the nineties is not as bad as it seems; I skipped the Windows era ;-)

My dream in life is to develop affordable space travel and space tourism. As a result I also love collecting space related photos. One of own personal problems is that I tend to become an expert of a subject very quickly, so I have to keep changing subject often in order to stay sufficiently ignorant :-) This is why I am interested in many topics and many languages. Fortunately space travel has so far proven to be so complex that it will keep my attention for a long time :-)

I'm usually more of just a lurker on the net but I'll chime in when I feel I need to, looking forward to meeting everyone and being a part of the community! Well I won't bore you guys and girls any longer, see you all around!
MrSpockSD

Re: A short introduction

Postby Mikethehack » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:02 am

I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby Kurt » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:11 am

Well, then you are our first "Space Tourist" themed poster.

Keep it up and make us cutting edge because we kinda suck in Coolville.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:19 am

He is a spammer!

Amazing. It was just coincidence that he posted a space tourism post to a danger tourism site and I fell for it.

Kind of cool and scary that bots can be like this.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby coldharvest » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:34 am

Kurt wrote:He is a spammer!

Amazing. It was just coincidence that he posted a space tourism post to a danger tourism site and I fell for it.

He failed the coldharvest test right away.
Hi, folks. My name is Frank (or MrSpock, because of my ears and my dream). I have started programming in 1984 and I work as a software developer now. I am both an old-school programmer (started with Pascal) and a new one (a child of the Internet era HTML, PHP) at the same time. I have basically lost a decade in the programming world. Losing the nineties is not as bad as it seems; I skipped the Windows era ;-)

No one is that charming/creepy/informative about nothing with their first post.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby vagabond » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:38 pm

You sure it was a bot and not an Injun?
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:16 pm

vagabond wrote:

You sure it was a bot and not an Injun?

Dot or feather?
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Michael » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:09 am

Damn! I was going to try and interest him in some real estate outside of Mojave, California as an investment in the future site of private space exploration. I'll have to wait for another chump, er, "visionary."
Michael
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe