Irish

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Irish

Postby Mikethehack » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:35 am

I'm a fan of Bushmills any day of the week, but like a glass of Jameson 1780 for the special occasion. I always take it neat. Any bastard who adds water, ice or any other shite deserves to have his legs broken and be sodomized with a bottle of scotch.

Tullamore Dew, Jameson and Black Bush are good to travel with.
Powers Gold Label and Paddy should always be close at hand because they never let you down.

A well-aged Middleton and Wild Geese make for good pressies.

I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Re: Irish

Postby WillyBlues » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:25 pm

Haven't seen a bottle of Paddy since 87' here in the states. Always Jamesons or Bushmills for me. Found out how much I like Bushmills the easy way, drinking it straight from the bottle and surprised at just big a dent I made on the swig.
"All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something that isn't even visible."
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:35 pm

I'm a fan of Bushmills any day of the week, but like a glass of Jameson 1780 for the special occasion. I always take it neat. Any bastard who adds water, ice or any other shite deserves to have his legs broken and be sodomized with a bottle of scotch.

Amen to that!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Caliban » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:49 pm

Mikethehack wrote: I always take it neat. Any bastard who adds water, ice or any other shite deserves to have his legs broken and be sodomized with a bottle of scotch.

Good man yerself. just restocked a litre of Jamesons,the previous one seems to have evaporated or some such. Also hidden a ten year old Bushmills single malt at the back of the malt shelf with my 25 yr Dhalwinnie to stop that evaporating too.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Fenrisco » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Mikethehack wrote:sodomized with a bottle of scotch.

Speaking of which, I had a magazine through the post today with a big important advert from our local booze importer. Top half of the page tells me that the beautiful Bowmore Islay 10-year-old is down in price; bottom half tells me in equally stentorian fashion that the great mystical medicine known as IRN BRU is now available in Taiwan for 2010. Ah, Empire.
"Do What Keepeth Thou from Wilting Shall Be the Loophole of The Law"
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

Postby erwin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:59 pm

erwin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Mikethehack » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:03 pm

I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack

Postby Mikethehack » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:05 pm

Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack

Postby coldharvest » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:23 pm

poteen or GTFO
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Mikethehack » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:46 am

coldharvest wrote:poteen or GTFO

Couldn't agree more, especially the stuff that leaves you completely wasted for about three solid days.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack

Postby coldharvest » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:28 am

Mikethehack wrote:

Couldn't agree more, especially the stuff that leaves you completely wasted for about three solid days.

3 days is usually when my sight comes back
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Mikethehack » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:38 pm

coldharvest wrote:
Mikethehack wrote:

3 days is usually when my sight comes back

How long does it take you to get your mind back? I'm back to coherent after about a week and a half.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack

Postby mitchsnider » Tue May 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Apparently Paddy's is back available in the states. I finished piping for the Law Enforcement Memorial here in Key West on Friday and the pipeband went out for dinner (and to watch the Hockey playoffs) at Shanna Key Pub. We played the pipes for the pub and the owner gave us shots of Paddy for playing.

Cheers,
Mitch
mitchsnider

Return to Black Flag Cafe