Yoga is bullshit

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Yoga is bullshit

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Sun May 30, 2010 8:12 am

Kurt wrote:I remember someone once told me with a straight face because they believed it that "yoga is love" and if the world did yoga then all wars would end.

You should have punched him in the face

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby coldharvest » Sun May 30, 2010 4:45 pm

Lightstalker had a hilarious bikram yoga story that involved some kind of vomiting.

It was so funny I remember it from five years ago.

Oh my God that's a howler.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby lightstalker » Sun May 30, 2010 6:11 pm

Kurt wrote:I remember someone once told me with a straight face because they believed it that "yoga is love" and if the world did yoga then all wars would end.

Ya see...that's the problem right there.
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby lightstalker » Sun May 30, 2010 6:15 pm

Kurt wrote:Lightstalker had a hilarious bikram yoga story that involved some kind of vomiting.

It was so funny I remember it from five years ago.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11798&p=98700&hilit=yoga#p98700

I never "scored" at that class either. All the girls just thought I was disgusting. And they were right...
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun May 30, 2010 8:48 pm

I tried it once and once was enough. You would have had a spiritual experience watching me try to contort myself into oblivion. It would be like watching a bag of antlers trying to do yoga.

After my ordeal I was told to drink lots of water in order to flush the system and the next shit I took was like a chemical cannon ball.
Sri Lanky

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Mon May 31, 2010 10:41 am

JamesInTheWorld

Postby mapandcompass » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:18 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:Image

win!
mapandcompass
BFCus Regularus

Postby Bronco » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:49 pm

I tried Yoga for years. I could actually touch the floor with the palms of my hands after about a year. The best part was the "Deep Relaxation" where I lay on my back, eyes closed and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I suspect I was doing that part wrong.
I did notice that there were loads of people who wanted to attribute special characteristics to Yoga, fresh food, strange religious beliefs, etc. and crediting fat slobs with special powers or degrees. I once heard them describe a fat, drunk guy from India as "Doctor X__" when the guy was more likely a high school dropout/con artist. They celebrated his "passage" when he died and never seemed to care that he ripped them off for tons of money before he drank himself to death.
Some people are just gullible. I wonder how many of them got screwed by their Religious Mentor....and in how many ways.
"I used to care, but things have changed"
Bob Dylan
Bronco
Old Man On The Mountain

Postby ktrout » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Bronco wrote:I tried Yoga for years. I could actually touch the floor with the palms of my hands after about a year. The best part was the "Deep Relaxation" where I lay on my back, eyes closed and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I suspect I was doing that part wrong.
I did notice that there were loads of people who wanted to attribute special characteristics to Yoga, fresh food, strange religious beliefs, etc. and crediting fat slobs with special powers or degrees. I once heard them describe a fat, drunk guy from India as "Doctor X__" when the guy was more likely a high school dropout/con artist. They celebrated his "passage" when he died and never seemed to care that he ripped them off for tons of money before he drank himself to death.
Some people are just gullible. I wonder how many of them got screwed by their Religious Mentor....and in how many ways.

Yeah, look at how many people gave money to these people. Or the Catholic church:
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dr. V » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:31 pm

mapandcompass wrote: Sometimes it even alleviates the lower back pain associated with the time I spend at my desk chair.

'

Invest in an ergonomic kneeling chair http://sitincomfort.com/hagbalvittas.html
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Why were you payin the time of day to a hippy? Did you kick the afore mentioned hippy?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:14 pm

I still say Yoga is gay

~JITW
JamesInTheWorld

Postby Q » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:55 pm

I like yoga. Its good for a post workout cool down. Usually do it after lifting, swimming or running. Plus the chicks are hot.

I also enjoy being the shaved head, heavily inked dude you wouldn't expect to see in the class type. Freaks the hippies out.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby svizzerams » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:22 am

ktrout wrote:
Bronco wrote:I tried Yoga for years. I could actually touch the floor with the palms of my hands after about a year. The best part was the "Deep Relaxation" where I lay on my back, eyes closed and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I suspect I was doing that part wrong.

Yeah, look at how many people gave money to these people. Or the Catholic church:

When I first lived in Alaska the only TV programming was airlifted up from the lower 48 and re-broadcast from VHS tape or something 3 weeks late. But I remember watching only two episodes of the PTL or whatever the hell these two called their show - my favorite was the guy Tammy introduced who was a post-op transexual who after 17 procedures decided God had made him right in the first place and had changed his mind once he had become a Christian. The 2nd was when Jim and his side kick explained why it was godly that Tammy wear all that gaudy expensive jewelry because god repaid 10 fold your "work" on his behalf...therefore it was god's will that she acquire and wear all that crap. They had the audience do an applause meter poll and the "Tammy should wear gaudy expensive jewelry" got wild approval. I only watched for the OMG factor. Except I knew people in the community that believed in their schtick hook line and sinker. Jim Baker deserved every minute in jail and then some - Tammy Faye should have too.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby Woodsman » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:58 am

I've been getting into Pilates lately. I tried to follow along w/the vid, but it is difficult doing those bends with a boner.

Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe