Beer and Bacon.... Brilliant

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Beer and Bacon.... Brilliant

Postby LechoZX » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:54 pm

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but it's fucking brilliant.

Paddy Long's. 1028 W Diversey Pkwy. Chicago, Illinois 60614 - Beer and Bacon Tasting Event

This two-hour tasting event will feature a seasonally rotating spread of five bacons and five brews on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays; the schedule is updated regularly, so check back for future dates. Book your tasting online. You've likely already explored the skin-softening and air-freshening properties of bacon. Now you can taste those versatile strips of candymeat, too. Your flavors of crispy, crackly bliss will vary by season and could feature imports, such as Danish bacon and Italian pancetta, alongside cracked-pepper bacon and sweet brown-sugar bacon. Paddy Long's friendly bar and meat tenders will tenderly lead you through each succulent strip, hence their official job title, "Gut Yoda." They'll also serve five different glasses of domestic and far-off craft brews perfect for the washing down and dunking of each bacon breed. Paddy Long's extensive menu currently features 18 draft beers, including Delirium Tremens and Alpha King Three Floyds, as well as tart and seasonal treats such as Lindeman's Framboise and Lagunitas IPA.Though their tasting selections will change, Paddy Long's will confidently lead your taste-buds to cured-hog heaven with their zymurgy about fine and exotic beers. Be sure to take notes on your favorite bacons and brews so that you can properly re-create the experience after a long day's work (in the case of bacon) or at the beginning of a particularly dreaded workday (in the case of beer).
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Re: Beer and Bacon.... Brilliant

Postby Rhah » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:01 pm

on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays

It would be on days that I work, fuck
"I am content to die as are all our comrades. But I will not let myself be slaughtered like a sheep. I would rather face the blow. Strike straight at my face and watch carefully if I pale at all.”
Rhah
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Delirium Tremens, Lindeman's Framboise

Both pretty excellent with or without bacon.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:25 am

All they need is some bitches and this event would be perfect

"Beer, Bacon and Bitches Night at Paddy Long's"

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Ultra Swain » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:49 am

JamesInTheWorld wrote:All they need is some bitches and this event would be perfect

"Beer, Bacon and Bitches Night at Paddy Long's"

~JITW

The 3 B's.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:20 pm

Killer B's.
Sri Lanky

Return to Black Flag Cafe