Down time in Manila.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Down time in Manila.

Postby bearanddragon » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:29 am

Roughneck Wade wrote:
bearanddragon wrote: ...i have lived in mindanao, and that place is pretty nice, although can be dangerous in some areas. i'd leave luzon if you can, and head to one of the southern islands.

Ever make it to Jolo? I'm heading there shortly after vacation... Haven't heard much of anything good about the place...

unfortunatley, I have never been to Jolo! But I have been to both Borneo and Mindanao. But yes, Jolo isn't exactly the safest place - are you going there on a work related project?
You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa... playa! Big dick playa!
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Get drunk and get in a fight - will make a good story; "So I was on Manila on layover when I started a huge barfight"

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby bearanddragon » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:31 am

i kick started several months of backpacking the summer of '09 with an epic extended stayover in Tokyo. On one night i ended up practically in a rice paddy on the outskirts of Tokyo after drinking the night away till the morning subways opened, getting chased off by a couple Japanese cops, and pissing my way through several alleys around the shinjuku / shibuya area. no, i didn't get laid that night, so it wasn't as epic as it could have been. my goal this summer ('11), if i have to go through tokyo, i'll make sure to make a couple nights of it, and top that.
You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa... playa! Big dick playa!
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe