Seychelles

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Seychelles

Postby herodotus » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi all, does anyone know the name of a small place to stay on Mahe Island in the Seychelles. I'm planning to take the wifey there this spring. I am not interested in island-hopping or blowing a small fortune on a week's accommodation. We just want something simple (shower, toilet, bed, fan) that's clean and not too far from the beach. A villa (by which I mean Mexican-style, not Maldives-style) on the beach would be great. Any suggestions are much appreciated.
herodotus
BFCus Regularus

Re: Seychelles

Postby bearanddragon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:02 pm

No; but the Seychelles is a great place to visit!
You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa... playa! Big dick playa!
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:39 am

herodotus wrote:Hi all, does anyone know the name of a small place to stay on Mahe Island in the Seychelles. I'm planning to take the wifey there this spring. I am not interested in island-hopping or blowing a small fortune on a week's accommodation. We just want something simple (shower, toilet, bed, fan) that's clean and not too far from the beach. A villa (by which I mean Mexican-style, not Maldives-style) on the beach would be great. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Find some local gal and shack up with her

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby herodotus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:19 am

Bit of a hard sell for the wife
herodotus
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:54 am

One of the few "do overs" in my life would be to go to the Seychelles for my honeymoon instead of Antigua.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:00 pm

What didn't you like about Antigua?
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby AztecDave » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:12 am

Don't get me wrong - Antigua was great. But I was talking about something a little more exotic & out of the way.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:25 am

no no no. I have been to ALL the islands on the Seychelles and you don't want to stay on the main island. I would strongly suggest La Digue

http://www.ladigue.sc/la-digue-island-o ... lodge.aspx

if not then...

show yer wife this private island at your peril.....

http://www.fregate.com/
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby bearanddragon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:59 pm

I had a blast there. It's kind of pricey compared for example with most SE Asian exotic destinations, but overall, great.
You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa... playa! Big dick playa!
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe