Cigar Monster

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Cigar Monster

Postby ktrout » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:17 am

suwon fish wrote:If you banged your wife every night for 10 years, you would be an expert on sex, but would you be a connisseur? Probably not, unless you were also banging your neighbours wives at the same time.

Well, maybe if you had had the opportunity to get to know all of Heidi Fleiss's girls well ... that would make you a connoisseur.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:56 am

suwon fish wrote:If you banged your wife every night for 10 years, you would be an expert on sex, but would you be a connisseur?.

No - you would just be boring

ktrout wrote:
JamesInTheWorld wrote:I usually just by at a cigar shop - are the prices better online?

~JITW

Start by dividing by three. Then sometimes again by two.

Dang - well good thing I am rich

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby suwon fish » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:22 pm

ktrout wrote:
suwon fish wrote:If you banged your wife every night for 10 years, you would be an expert on sex, but would you be a connisseur? Probably not, unless you were also banging your neighbours wives at the same time.

Well, maybe if you had had the opportunity to get to know all of Heidi Fleiss's girls well ... that would make you a connoisseur.

I'm not sure if it would work but I'd be willing to give it a go. For the sake of safety, I'd probably do it twice ^^

JamesInTheWorld wrote:
suwon fish wrote:If you banged your wife every night for 10 years, you would be an expert on sex, but would you be a connisseur?.

No - you would just be boring

JamesInTheWorld wrote:Dang - well good thing I am rich

~JITW

Most of the rich folks I've met have been tight arsed cunts. I think thats how the old rich stop becoming the new poor.

Dude, I paid $117 for my 50 sticks. A good stick is between $10 and $15 bucks in Korea. I just saved about $630 with the press of a button. Even for you that's nigh on a days pay. With one press of a fucking button!
A day should not be praised until the Sun has set, a woman until she is burned, a sword until it's tested, ice until it's crossed or beer until it's drunk - Viking proverb
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:14 pm

suwon fish wrote:Dude, I paid $117 for my 50 sticks. A good stick is between $10 and $15 bucks in Korea. I just saved about $630 with the press of a button. Even for you that's nigh on a days pay. With one press of a fucking button!

I make more than 630 a day

Me and my boys once spent 23,000.00 dollars a bar in Jakarta in one night - that's how I roll

~JITW
JamesInTheWorld

Then one day, the dream died...

Postby suwon fish » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:24 am

Then one day, the dream died...

I'm afraid I need to do an about turn on my support of Cigar Monster :(

asshole wrote:Mr. XXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately due to tobacco restrictions we are unable to ship any cigars to South Korea . Therefore, we have canceled your order. Please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Lisa Bone

Famous Smoke Shop

Customer Service Agent

610 559 7000 ext 211
A day should not be praised until the Sun has set, a woman until she is burned, a sword until it's tested, ice until it's crossed or beer until it's drunk - Viking proverb
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:36 am

coldharvest wrote:
ktrout wrote:
coldharvest wrote:Cubans or GTFO.

Unfortunately we yanks aren't fortunate enough to get Cubans on a regular basis. We have to make due with Hondurans.

well, you know who to blame for that.

As old what's-his-name said, "The Americans will always do the right thing, once they've exhausted all other options."
The nature of governments is to suck directly proportionate to the amount of power they have over their people.
From the sounds of the 'elf and safety bullshit you people have to put up with, I'd say we're doing pretty well.
I think it's okay to do a thread jack now that James is talking about how much money he makes and Suwon can't get his Cs past customs.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fenrisco » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:18 pm

suwon fish wrote:Unfortunately due to tobacco restrictions we are unable to ship any cigars to South Korea .

That's fuckin' ridiculous. Sure you can't get around it? I had a store in the US refuse to ship ostrich-skin boots to Taiwan on account of some bullshit UN endangered species nonsense and I told them they were talking out of their arses because a) Tony Lama farms his own damn ostriches and b) Taiwan don't need no steenking UN (well, they'd like to join but the great men of peace and principle won't let us in because they're scared of ancient Chinese magic*). No problem after that.

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA5-80qPpi0
"Do What Keepeth Thou from Wilting Shall Be the Loophole of The Law"
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

Postby suwon fish » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Fenrisco wrote:
suwon fish wrote:Unfortunately due to tobacco restrictions we are unable to ship any cigars to South Korea .

That's fuckin' ridiculous. Sure you can't get around it?

It's not just Famous Smoke, Cigars International told me to go fuck myself as well. A few other big online suppliers just plain didn't reply, until...

Bucanero!

http://www.bucanerocigars.com/

I emailed Bucanero and the president of the firm, Robert Spoden, replied within a couple of hours.

Check the site, I never smoked one but Bucanero have won dozens of prestigious Best Smoke awards.

Bucanero is, including the president, 100% US vet. Robert Spoden served in Vietnam, his father was a WWII Marine.

You know, even if Bucanero can't hook a brother up, at least they took the time and trouble to fucking try.

Anticipate an I LOVE BUCANEROS thread soon. If Robert Spoden can deliver, I'll stop "treating with the enemy" and shove those Cubans right up Castro's arse!

It's right and proper that a pirate themed cigar outfit should be the prime stogie suppliers to a pirate themed scuba outfit. God is smiling ^^
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:34 pm

Anyone who makes it to NYC should look me up and then I will have an excuse to check out my neighborhood's cigar lounge (Dominicans in cheap over-stuffed chairs smoking hand-rolleds) .

I am more of a fan of pipes than stogies but like any smoker I can switch hit.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby suwon fish » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:01 am

Kurt wrote:Anyone who makes it to NYC should look me up and then I will have an excuse to check out my neighborhood's cigar lounge (Dominicans in cheap over-stuffed chairs smoking hand-rolleds) .

I am more of a fan of pipes than stogies but like any smoker I can switch hit.

A cigar lounge sounds like a haven of sanity... Sadly, NYC isn't in my plans.

Pipes and cigars (for me) are different. Pipe smoking is for solitary, peaceful moments. Ideally, sitting on a log, gazing over a lake hearing just the sounds of nature...

Cigars are for those, "I love it when a plan comes together" moments. Also fishing/camping trips with the boys or the weekly card game.

For me, this is the key difference. Cigar smoking makes my wife mutter darkly in Korean about wasted money and, do I think I'm a millionaire. Fags make her cough theatrically, but, she LOVES pipe smoke. She points out that I look like Popeye. I say she looks like Olive Oyl. Chuckles all around and all is well in the world ^^
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:51 am

suwon fish wrote:Cigars are for those, "I love it when a plan comes together" moments. Also fishing/camping trips with the boys or the weekly card game.

I like to smoke cigars when I'm drinking whiskey and getting into mischief. Cigarettes are just foul.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:38 am

I smoke Cigars because that what pimps do

~JITW
JamesInTheWorld

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:39 am

suwon fish wrote: Fags make her cough theatrically,^

Why do gay people make your wife cough?

~JITW
JamesInTheWorld

Postby suwon fish » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:58 am

First up, BUCANERO will ship to Suwon Fish! Their customer service is head and shoulders above than the next best cigar company I dealt with. They are 100% US vet and operate a scheme to get free stogies to Americans at the front. Treat yourself to a Bucanero, I know I'm going to.

http://www.bucanerocigars.com/index.html

Their fine smokes can be bought from their site. Very good prices, very good reviews... Below is my trial run purchase (their sampler gift box). Hopefully customs don't snag it. SF review to follow.

Kurt wrote:I am more of a fan of pipes than stogies but like any smoker I can switch hit.

Hmmmm, my first thought was a man of action pipe (MacArthur corncob or Dunhill Bulldog), then it occured to me if you work at a keyboard you might favour a larger bowl and longer smoke. I have an old, loved briar billiard (no brand) and a couple of country gentlemen. I am toying with buying the MM freestyle. What do you favour Kurt?

ktrout wrote:I like to smoke cigars when I'm drinking whiskey and getting into mischief.

A perfect recipe!

JamesInTheWorld wrote:Why do gay people make your wife cough?

I was going to come back with a) a comedy reply or b) a boringly pedantic reply.

I'm stumped :(

Touché ^^
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:29 pm

I also enjoy casually pointing the stem of a pipe when talking. Hard not to look like a tool when smoking one though, I still think I have to be at least 10 years older before I can pull it off in public.

Years of cigs has destroyed the possibility of pipe appreciation in the tobacco realm, so I like just plain old black cavendish.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe