Ghost peppers...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Ghost peppers...

Postby Rhah » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:14 am

"I am content to die as are all our comrades. But I will not let myself be slaughtered like a sheep. I would rather face the blow. Strike straight at my face and watch carefully if I pale at all.”
Rhah
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Man, I could really fuck with people I don't like with those. One of flake in a beer bottle would probably be enough to really worsen someone's hangover day.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Rhah » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:39 pm

Crapping white hot razor blades definitely qualifies as fucking with people :)
"I am content to die as are all our comrades. But I will not let myself be slaughtered like a sheep. I would rather face the blow. Strike straight at my face and watch carefully if I pale at all.”
Rhah
BFCus Regularus

Postby survivingalive42 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:15 pm

ghost peppers/ Scary!
survivingalive42

Postby lightstalker » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:45 am

nowonmai wrote:'Killer Kismot curry' contest leaves two in hospital in Edinburgh

Two diners have now found out the toll a ‘Kismot Killer’ can take on the body after they were hospitalised by the fiery dish after the Kismot curry house in Edinburgh decided to turn up the heat on the dish for a charity event.

World's hottest chilli contest: Competitors tuck in to the 'Kismot Killer' curry, trying to prove it's not too hot to handle. It left two people in hospital... (Picture: TSPL)..

Ambulances were called to the restaurant, with one of those taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary (ERI) having to return there within hours of being released, for more treatment.

At the heart of the ‘Kismot Killer’ is the bhut jolokia chilli, considered the world’s hottest edible variety – 20 times more potent than some Cayenne peppers.

The blood red and brown dish containing three of the chillies gives off an air of menace and the disclaimer gives customers a taste of what they are letting themselves in for.

‘Kismot Restaurant will take no responsibilities for the bodily functions after you eat the curry,’ it says. ‘If you die whilst eating or as a direct result of eating the curry, members of the table will share the cost of your Kismot Killer.

Kim Curie had to be taken by ambulance to hospital twice in a matter of hours

‘If you become ill due to the Kismot Killer or if you find that you are experiencing any problems with your lover(s) then under no circumstances are you entitled to blame Kismot Restaurant or any members of its staff.’

Participants in the charity event had to eat spoonfuls of increasing strength ‘Kismot Killer’, with those who took a drink of milk before the end being disqualified.

Kim Curie, 21, a Korean exchange student at Edinburgh University, came second in the competition, which was in aid of the Children’s Hospice Association Scotland. She said: ‘I’ve always enjoyed spicy foods and thought this was for a good cause. But it came with a price: I had to be taken to the ERI twice. I have never endured such pain in my life.’

And I'm sure her arsehole wasn't thanking her either.
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby shivers » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:11 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV5YH2dNvpk[/youtube]

I thought about posting this in the "most desirable women" thread, but it would have been wasted.
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:23 pm

YOU. ARE. ALL. FUCKING. LUNA. TICS.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Woodsman » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:42 pm

I just got a deal on ~200 mixed peppers; Anaheims, Poblanos, Jalapenos, and Serranos. These are the more usable peppers in my opinion. Spicy and fantastic - probably can't use them for taking paint off your BBQ grille.

Most of them were crosscut and frozen for later use. The others went into a spicy Kale soup and a fresh batch of salsa.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:36 am

My treat is powdered red savina peppers (a hotter and more flavorful habenero) sprinkled on Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream. Gotta be careful with it though but the pepper flavor, heat goes well with the sweet & cool of the ice cream.

I bought 3 ounces of the stuff almost two years ago in Seattle and I think I have used less than an ounce.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:59 am

I ate some kinda Jamacian hot pepper on a dare when I was 12. I shat fire the rest of the day.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:46 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:I ate some kinda Jamacian hot pepper on a dare when I was 12. I shat fire the rest of the day.

That would be a Scotch Bonnet.

They are a "Ring of Fire" pepper for sure.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Dey be bad boy....mon.
Sri Lanky

Postby 0verbyte » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:29 am

i have a few different naga joloka hot sauces in my cupboard that i enjoy. Melindas is one that is mentioned. the oddest thing about them is that while they are hot and make my head feel like a cauldron they have no effect on my bowel movements. to this day the only form of hot pepper that i regret eating once on the toilet is the plain old dried crushed red pepper flakes one finds in pizzarias all over nyc. for some reason that gives me the worst trouble on the toilet.
The look inside your eyes drives me from control
Evoking visions of my favorite casserole.
And if I eat your heart
I'll also bite your soul
And when I'm done with that
I'll use your skull as a bowl.
0verbyte
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:39 am

0verbyte wrote:i have a few different naga joloka hot sauces in my cupboard that i enjoy. Melindas is one that is mentioned. the oddest thing about them is that while they are hot and make my head feel like a cauldron they have no effect on my bowel movements. to this day the only form of hot pepper that i regret eating once on the toilet is the plain old dried crushed red pepper flakes one finds in pizzarias all over nyc. for some reason that gives me the worst trouble on the toilet.

Wait...Melindas finally made a hot sauce that was actually hot? I was always so disappointed with their Habenero sauces that were like XXXXXXXXX hot but I hardly noticed them and I am not exactly a Mr. Pepper-Spray-Me-In-The-Face-And-I-Say-Yum kind of guy.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby flipflop » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:55 am

Hot food gets less and less effective on my ringpiece nowadays.

As a young fella I couldn't tolerate even a medium curry. Slowly my addiction grew, and with it the heat of my Rubys. Now I can down a Phal and not even blink. I still get the odd bit of Gandhi's Revenge of a morning after a hot Ruby, but unlike years ago, I no longer bang the toilet wall and howl in pain. I actually ENJOY the burn of the bum now.

I still have to get my shirt off at home halfway through a hot curry, as I sweat like a blind poof in a sausage factory when scoffing one. If I'm out I have to wear clothes that don't show moisture, such is the bead a good Ruby brings on. Stoating

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe