Nail Fungus: A solution finally

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Nail Fungus: A solution finally

Postby Kurt » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:26 pm

A while ago I was having a pleasant evening with a lovely woman and we were drinking some beers and watching The IT Crowd on Netflix while our feet were in each other's laps. A mood killer is that my toenails look like decomposing slugs due to the fact I have toenail fungus, so she looked at my slug feet and said "can I paint your toenails?"

I said "sure" ...next thing you know I had shiny metallic blue toenails. Didn't think anything of it except she no longer had to have a lap full of grossness, so that made us both happy.

But the next day, I put on socks. Goddamn if it was not the first time in nearly 15 years the threads did not snag on my shattered toenails. They just slipped on. When I walked the crusty parts would not burst forth from the socks and into my shoes. It was amazing.

So I decided to give up on home cures and just paint my toenails. But I decided to use this clear stuff...and it just made my toenails dead slug look seem more permanent. So I went back to dark blue. Now it looks like I have Marylin Manson's feet. But the nail fungus is slowly being cured.

So I recommend that dudes paint their toenails to get rid of nail fungus. It works. You do not destroy socks or have that snaggy sock feeling every morning either. As far as other women judging you by it, it is not like you pull down your pants and reveal frilly lace panties or anything, so far they seem to be somewhat thrilled and surprised to see the jacket and tie guy having painted toenails and much more thrilled to find that I am not a Marylin Manson fan.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Nail Fungus: A solution finally

Postby JITW » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Homo

-JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:18 pm

JITW wrote:Homo

-JITW

What tipped you off? The woman who applied it?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby JITW » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:57 pm

Yes

-JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Postby travelman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:11 pm

JITW wrote:Homo

-JITW

You say that like it's a bad thing.
travelman

Postby gnaruki » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:38 am

Thymol works too....over time. After two years of that shit my nails have recovered. Sadly my D-lux health insurance didn't cover the prescription even through it is just tincture of thyme.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Novimya » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:22 am

Yeah, you could always get it cured instead of covering it up.
Novimya

Postby Kurt » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:37 pm

Novimya wrote:Yeah, you could always get it cured instead of covering it up.

But a cure is not as ..uh...pretty.

Seriously, I tried everything but I refuse to try the "may cause liver damage" pills because these are my fucking toes. Actually not even my toes just a keratin shell above my toes left over from the days when proto-Kurts dangled from trees and said "ook! Ook!" Pretty, blue nail polish works the best and if any of you call me effeminate lord help me I will strangle you with my bra.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby roach coach » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:52 am

Kurt wrote:

Seriously, I tried everything but I refuse to try the "may cause liver damage" pills because these are my fucking toes. Actually not even my toes just a keratin shell above my toes left over from the days when proto-Kurts dangled from trees and said "ook! Ook!" Pretty, blue nail polish works the best and if any of you call me effeminate lord help me I will strangle you with my bra.

I'd freak out with the pills if my toes didn't have it for as long as the treatment. Then again, it cleared my dad's jungle rot from Vietnam, it was about 30 years old or so. There are other methods to clear it up, some less scary and not on the prescription. I still think my toes would still look ugly with the polish regardless of fungus status. If you don't want to do the polish/pills, try soaking that toe in a 1-part to 5-part bleach/water solution for about 10 minutes a day.
..................__
............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........./'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
........\.................'...../
.........'\............. _.·´
...........\..............(
............\..............\
BROFIST
roach coach
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:04 pm

roach coach wrote:
Kurt wrote:

I'd freak out with the pills if my toes didn't have it for as long as the treatment. Then again, it cleared my dad's jungle rot from Vietnam, it was about 30 years old or so. There are other methods to clear it up, some less scary and not on the prescription. I still think my toes would still look ugly with the polish regardless of fungus status. If you don't want to do the polish/pills, try soaking that toe in a 1-part to 5-part bleach/water solution for about 10 minutes a day.

Bleach has never worked for me so far but it is hard to soak in something that can leave permanent white footprints on your rug every day. So I have not kept at it until it went away. But the nail polish is actually so damn comfortable I hardly notice I have anything wrong with my feet anymore...so I might just keep at it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby JITW » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:42 pm

Still Gay

~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:52 am

I let a bargirl ( half Chinese,half Thai ) put polish on both of my fuck fingers.
She wanted to do all of them.I figured I'd show solidarity
with the ladyboys so I just did my middle fingers.
Was alcohol involved? uhhhhhhh yes
Sri Lanky

Postby shivers » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Kurt, there are lasers for that shit. No liver damage necessary.
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:27 pm

shivers wrote:Kurt, there are lasers for that shit. No liver damage necessary.

I have no health plan...yet and I am on a self imposed budget until I get a job. But I have been lounging around the apartment in sandles, so the combination of that and nail polish has actually cured two toes.

But if I get this job I think I may get, I will do the laser thingy.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Are those lasers effective? Most insurance companies probably wouldn't cover them anyway. I still have one toenail that isn't fully cleared up. Does this fungus have a nickname, maybe Ho Chi Minh's revenge?
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe