Good TT racing clip

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Good TT racing clip

Postby lightstalker » Sat May 18, 2013 11:30 pm

Clarkson is completely wrong about bikes...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph0SjLC_lqk[/youtube]
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Re: Good TT racing clip

Postby svizzerams » Sun May 19, 2013 1:14 am

Brilliant...and an excellent track from Within Temptation....
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby nowonmai » Fri May 24, 2013 10:02 pm

Are you going?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Sun May 26, 2013 2:55 am

I'm an experienced car road racer and I think motorcycle racing is suicidal. Eventually the rider/driver is going to make a mistake or something will break, sending the vehicle off into the weeds, which is a lot less deadly on four wheels than two. It is a good clip, though.
Those things are missiles. I wonder if the camera helicopter can keep up with those bikes.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Mon May 27, 2013 2:22 am

ktrout wrote:I'm an experienced car road racer and I think motorcycle racing is suicidal. Eventually the rider/driver is going to make a mistake or something will break, sending the vehicle off into the weeds, which is a lot less deadly on four wheels than two.

That's why men race bikes.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Mon May 27, 2013 3:30 am

nowonmai wrote:
ktrout wrote:I'm an experienced car road racer and I think motorcycle racing is suicidal. Eventually the rider/driver is going to make a mistake or something will break, sending the vehicle off into the weeds, which is a lot less deadly on four wheels than two.

To get a Darwin Award? That was pretty impressive to watch those guys get into tank slappers or otherwise almost wipe out. 180mph ... jeez... Augur. In.
I got into a major wreck in a racecar once. Completely scrapped everything out, even the suspension, engine and drivetrain. Fortunately I walked away. I think it was because it was a passenger side hit. Earth backed cement wall sideways at ~100mph and another car followed me in. Rang my bell, though. I hurt head to toe for a couple of weeks.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Mon May 27, 2013 3:50 pm

ktrout wrote:
nowonmai wrote:

To get a Darwin Award?

You're half right. The Darwin award should go to those who risk all and survive, not the ones who necessarily, but nobly, fail. Fat, comfortable, happy consumers deserve no awards at all. They are just mush in the soup of humanity.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe