BKK Bars

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

BKK Bars

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:15 pm

Many of us have been to BKK, many of us will return, and some of the posters here might go for there first time. As a loathed purple back packer I usually linger off Tannon Kao San (that means raw rice road or rice no cook)

Whats everyones fave BKK hang out?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Jimbo » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:11 am

Anywhere & everywhere...
Jimbo
BFCus Regularus

Postby sigmoid » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:28 pm

Pretty enlightening info there Jimbo...

The KSR has a few good places but it's as you said mostly for backpackers. If you there you might try the Brick Bar, Gulliver's or the upstairs balcony of La Casa Italian restaurant. Nearby on Rambutri Rd. is Dong Dea Moon which also has an upstairs balcony. Anyway, there are numerous drinking spots and most tourists seem to prefer sitting outside on the sidewalk or in the actual street. I guess they like the mozzies and the tuk tuk exhaust fumes.

Ad Here has live blues music but is mighty cramped in its little shophouse location.

Woodstocks is a well-known bar/restaurant in Nana Plaza with good American style grub.

Bangkok is a huge city so there are tons more...
sigmoid

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:42 pm

Dong Dea Moon which also has an upstairs balcony.

Is that the Korean joint? I cant stand Gullivers allthough it makes a good meeting point as you cant miss the tuk tuk over the door.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby sigmoid » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:58 pm

Is that the Korean joint?

Yes, that's right. What's your take on it?

I cant stand Gullivers

Yes, I said you MIGHT try it. It's a good place to hit in the early evening for a burger before heading off to another place, but the music pretty much sucks. I try and choose places that have good or no music and good food.

Also, places that are comfortable. I don't enjoy sitting in the road. Gulliver's at least has a roof, haha...
sigmoid

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:53 pm

I like the Korean place, its one of my fave off KSR places to drink. I dont mind sitting on the road as I find there beer to be colder. I kinda like those VW vans that have been converted into mobil bars although you cant let the "help" get too close.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Jimbo » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:05 am

There are also a couple of decent drinking places around Lang Saun
Jimbo
BFCus Regularus

Postby kilroy » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:25 am

Nearby on Rambutri Rd. is Dong Dea Moon which also has an upstairs balcony

i recognized the name immediately, but as a district in seoul rather than a bar in bkk. i was going to ask if it was a korean joint, but then i saw that rickshaw beat me to to the punch. is it run by koreans? sounds like a good place for me to practice some of my newly acquired vocabulary.

hey, anybody got recomendations for chinatown in bkk? i'm looking to spend the chinese new year there.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jimbo » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:39 am

Kilroy-
The Dong Dea Moon in BKK is owned by a Korean guy who's a decent guy- many Korean travelers hang out there and there are some "regulars" too-overall it's a decent watering hole-as for Chinatown in BKK-I don't know of any hotels although there are some-I don't go there that often but Chinatown is pretty close to the KSR area-it is an interesting area
Jimbo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:54 am

Where's a good plaza to meet nice,healthy farm girls?
Sri Lanky

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:21 pm

Where's a good plaza to meet nice,healthy farm girls?

You could try a farm.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Jimbo » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:44 am

Most of the hos at Nana, Patpong & Soi Cowboy are from farms...from Issan, which translates to dumb & poor women. Lanky, you ask if they're nice?...that's a tough one...let me ponder that one & I'll get back to you...
Jimbo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:46 am

I'll be there March '06 and I don't really care if they are nice...well,are they nice to fuck?
Sri Lanky

Postby kilroy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:00 am

gullivers sucks. i spent my first night in bkk eating okay but expensive food, shitty and just as expensive beers, and losing at pool to thai hookers. the dong dae moon is a bit cheaper, and the pool's free, but still not a very good place. the whole banglampu/kao san road area totally sucks in my opinion. the next time any of you are in town, try a place called the 'red pub'. it's on ramintra road. tell the taxi driver "raminta, kilo see, foodland'. when you get to foodland, get out of the taxi and walk down the sidestreet past foodland. the bar has a couple native american style totem poles out front. when you meet the owner, who speaks pretty good english, tell him that holland and kilroy sent you.

the next day, get out of bangkok as fast as you can to see the real thailand.

i gotta hand it holland, he sure does know how find the good parts of places and the right folks. a coold dude, to be sure.

and lanky, i reckon you wouldn't know a nice fuck if it bit you on the cock.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Land Rover » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:20 am

Sri Lanky wrote:I'll be there March '06 and I don't really care if they are nice...well,are they nice to fuck?

not if you are involved.
Omit needless words.
Land Rover
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe