The END........is near!!

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

The END........is near!!

Postby Ron Mexico » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:10 am

Or is it? Tsunamis, earthquakes, heatwaves, hurricanes, wars, Mel Gibson DUI, to the religiously inclined of us it would seem that the end is coming soon. So, what do you think? Will we one day wake up seeing several horsemen wreaking havoc live on Fox News? Do you believe the end is near? And if so, how will it happen?
Ron Mexico
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:43 pm

The beginning is far.
Sri Lanky

Postby Outkast » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:34 pm

Humans are extremely vain when it comes to getting off on the idea that the show is going to stop just for them.

Even if OBL and GWB succeed in killing everyone, life will still go on.

Nature's cool like that.
<i>Homo-janai!!!</i>
Outkast
Resident Zionist Puppet

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:36 pm

Anthropocentrism = egocentrism?
Sri Lanky

Postby Outkast » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:38 pm

Maybe something like that...
<i>Homo-janai!!!</i>
Outkast
Resident Zionist Puppet

Postby Mikethehack » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:45 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:Anthropocentrism = egocentrism?

Lets hear you say that after a dozen tequilas.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby Monarch » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:48 am

It seems like everybody has a big ole hard-on for the end of the world. I guess everybody wants to feel their time on the planet is special. Despite what the History Channel wants you to believe I don't think the end is near. The natural disasters are just a natural part of plate tectonics and a warming trend that is a natural part of the earth's history. I would expect to see an increase in disasters gradually over time as the warming increases and sea levels rise. Whether we drive hybrids and listen to Al Gore or not, its going to happen eventually. So, just avoid buying beach front property and stay away from New Orleans and populated centers that may become refugee camps in the not too distant future. As the population grows and resources are stretched to their limit, a lot of people will probably die, just as they are as we speak in very unfortunate places that no one talks about. It's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better, but it won't end. Not for a good while anyway. Although you never know if an asteroid will smash into us from nowhere. That would probably do us in, but life might be able to continue *gasp* without us. If I had to choose an end, I'd have Earth get eaten by Galactus. That'd be way awesome.
Monarch
BFCus Regularus

Postby jamesy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:28 am

The beginning is far.

whoa..

j./[/quote]
jamesy
Aiden of Lindisfarne

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:34 pm

I welcome an asteroid....there's gotta be something better than this shit.

How many of you are tired of lugging your carcass around on this fucking planet?
Sri Lanky

Postby Stiv » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:37 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:I welcome an asteroid....there's gotta be something better than this shit.

How many of you are tired of lugging your carcass around on this fucking planet?

Down day buddy?? Heat getting to ya?

If I lived in mighty Manitoba I'd be fishing. Roll a fatty and go grab a pole.

~Stiv
Her eyes like sparks, my heart like gasoline
Stiv
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:18 pm

Already went golfing in North Dakota this morning....customs agents thought we were crazy.....6 in the fuckin' morning.

Down day?....maybe..I need better drugs.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:27 pm

....not narcotics though but psyche meds....I'm looking at respiridone,it gives a cannabis-like mellowness but without the high.

It sucks being dependent on drugs fo your well-being.
Sri Lanky

Postby Stiv » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:11 am

Sri Lanky wrote:....not narcotics though but psyche meds....I'm looking at respiridone,it gives a cannabis-like mellowness but without the high.

It sucks being dependent on drugs fo your well-being.

I think it's called risperidol in the US. It's an anxiolytic I've known a few folks who take it, mostly to alleviate insomnia.

Hey it's like a psychiatrist friend of mine says. "There's way too many good meds out there nowadays for people to be unhappy with life."

He also told me the notion of feeling like a guinea pig is pretty much invalid as experimentation until the right combo of meds is found is a logical and pragmatic approach.

Best,
Stiv
Her eyes like sparks, my heart like gasoline
Stiv
BFCus Regularus

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe