Rosicrucians.. WTF?

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Postby el3so » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:29 pm

Tucker Wade wrote: I am searching for knowledge and truth.
Plenty of both round here. Let me echo the "welcome aboard".
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby yorick » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:40 pm

Tucker Wade wrote:Yorick...

I don't see the connection to Mithraism and Zaroastrianism...

Druze however is easier to see. Incorporating Islam, Greek philosophy and hints of Christianity it's easier to make a connection to Rosecrucianism

I don't believe that the Christians had or have anything to do with Rosecrucians or it's revival. I also find it hard to believe that Cornelius Agrippa typified anything in the 17th century when he in fact died in 1535.

Freemasonry does preserve mysteries. But offers answers to these mysteries for those who seek them...yet only to those who seek them with a fixed and steady purpose....a noble purpose.

I thank you for your kind welcome to the forum. I don't know that I am searching for my voice so much as I am searching for knowledge and truth.

Strange, I always figured Agrippa to be German contemporary of Elizabethans. Seems ironic to place him in an era just preceding the work of Dr.John Dee. Controversial fellow Agrippa with his work on vitriol, life force energy and the electic global 'nous' - far cry from what the church would encourage.

Its reconciliation of opposites, root foundation to rosicrucian studies, that borrows from Zoroaster. Also the priniciple of harmonics as in the vibratory nature of all beings and things seeking ballance. The notion that there is no "dead" matter. Principles of magnetism, 'like' repelling like and opposites attracting.

Meanwhile the notion of omniety reinventing itself arrives from Mithra. Also the principle of ultimate reintegration. The concept of the cosmic christ governing all change, the alchemical transmutation of the world and beings is what Mithraism has handed down. Once the largest and fastest growing of faiths, now preserved only vaguely in aegyptian rites clandestine. Otherwise entirely abolished by the catholic church that intended to replace it, modeling Jesus after Apolonias of Tyanna too.

In no way shape or form would i link rosicrucianism with formal christian teachings. Bulk of these antient mysteries schools were developed at a time when science=religion, formal christian teachings depart from this path actually discouraging ideas of physical and mental alchemy treated as science instead handing down some sort of "commandery" idea where true(?) religion is whatever the clerics tell us.

And from the Greeks we get more then just philosophy, mathematics and divine numerology as well. Pythagorean ideas of numerical relationships: cubic, square, perfect and prime hold the keys to architecture and symbolic representation of elements as well. For example to the ancient Greeks the tetrahedron of 4 triangular sides, 3 of which meet at vortex, represented fire. Easy to see the symbolism there. Especially with 3 being the number of material manifestation, 3 points defining a plane etc. Its like 3x4=12 or 9x4=36 at vortices....... interesting to consider as fire transmutes all things.

But I think mystery schools today are like bands on the run as we approach an era where bulk of this stuff becomes common knowledge, even where conversations such as this can occur. Book of Daniel provides insights along these lines. Masonry itself as a system holds the place together. And in the near future either all of us will be perfect masters or none of us will. This I believe.

Finding one's voice is more about finding truth for oneself *within* and from within is where all can be found, squaring the circle and creating heaven on earth. Invoking the "God of our hearts and God of our realizations" as rosicrucian principles instruct.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Tucker Wade » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:19 pm

Dr.John Dee the father of navigation...vitriol (sulphuric acid) an alchemist dream...

Science does equal religion, and vice versa. A 'cosmic christ' governing all change is as easily explained by faith as by science. Freemasonry encourages the sudy of the sciences along side of a strong faith.

I would also suggest that it's all to easy to complicate things as well. Free your mind....and your ass will follow.
Tucker Wade has become unstuck in time...
Tucker Wade

Previous

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe