Do ghosts exist?.

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri May 11, 2007 10:20 pm

I thought faith meant having no particular worldview at all and allowing the unknown,which encompasses all worldviews,to work it's mysterious magic.

That's what makes it scary...the fact that the script is already written and we have no real control.
Sri Lanky

Postby Ezekiel » Sat May 12, 2007 7:31 am

There is no ghosts just demons pretending to be ghosts.
Ezekiel
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sun May 13, 2007 3:12 am

There is no ghosts just demons pretending to be ghosts.

Oh, just demons pretending to be ghosts. Thats alright then.

I bet you're a right laugh to have on a camping trip.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ezekiel » Sun May 13, 2007 10:11 am

Yes obsoletely I have a few stories that will scare the crap out of you.

A husband went to war, World War 2, and the wife got a letter saying that her husband was missing in action, the war finished and the years went by, without the husband returning so the wife believed he was dead so through a medium, she contact him and discussed even the most private things with her dead husband, satisfied the wife went home assured and happy, then a few years later there was a knock on the door she answered it and lo and behold her husband was standing there. So the spirit she talked to through the medium was a demon.
Ezekiel
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sun May 13, 2007 3:11 pm

Ezekiel wrote: Yes obsoletely I have a few stories that will scare the crap out of you.
No they won't.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby nowonmai » Sun May 13, 2007 4:59 pm

So the spirit she talked to through the medium was a demon.

Have you considered the fact that the medium was talking shite? I find the existence of demons to be less likely than the existence of ghosts and so far I'm not overwhelmed with evidence of either. How do I know I'm not a demon for example?

Scare me. I like it.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

would i lie to you?

Postby denise » Sun May 13, 2007 11:38 pm

i have never encountered anything vaguely resembling a ghost.

as to daemons, the plural represents the capacity of it to work through us. hence the well known saying "my name is legion". if you are unaware of it's existence, you are more or less at it's mercy based upon your personal system of belief, whatever exploitable weaknesses you provide, and it's objective. in our modern vernacular, a tool.

but as we know, knowledge is power.

fortunately for us, all things work toward the good for those who believe. and hopefully even for those who don't. and as any real exorcist will tell you, behind it all is a being who does not believe in us, which is perfectly understandable, and doesn't believe in christ, either.

sort of the everyman of the BFC.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun May 13, 2007 11:42 pm

Knowledge is ego.
Sri Lanky

no, it isn't

Postby denise » Sun May 13, 2007 11:53 pm

using knowlege to assist another is ego.

just like using money to bang another is ego.

maybe we should just call it spreading the wealth around, eh?
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun May 13, 2007 11:54 pm

I know nothing.
Sri Lanky

just like sergeant schultz

Postby denise » Mon May 14, 2007 12:13 am

denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ezekiel » Mon May 14, 2007 3:36 am

Hey I don't care if people believe in aliens or ghosts but I have never seen any ghosts or aliens but have had experience with an evil presence.
Anyway you either believe or you don't.
Ezekiel
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Mon May 14, 2007 11:45 pm

Hey I don't care if people believe in aliens or ghosts but I have never seen any ghosts or aliens but have had experience with an evil presence.
Anyway you either believe or you don't.

That was a big letdown after the mysterious build-up.

Anyway to others, denise dearest, the legion quote comes from Mark 5:9 and reflects the fact that the man was possessed with multiple demons.

As I've said before on this site my name is also legion but no one believes me.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon May 14, 2007 11:51 pm

denise wrote: as to daemons, the plural represents the capacity of it to work through us. hence the well known saying "my name is legion".

but as we know, knowledge is power.
Think it has more to do with the need to know the to-be-exorcised's name for it to work.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby friendlyskies » Tue May 15, 2007 12:15 am

I thought faith meant having no particular worldview at all

Faith often seems so specific, someone will have faith in the talking snakes of Christianity but find horoscopes silly, or vice versa. But in the excellent sci-fi flick Serenity, the Shepherd tells Mal rather formulaically, "It doesn't matter what you have faith in, just have faith." I was dissappointed until the zombie space battles started a few minutes later.

as to daemons, the plural represents the capacity of it to work through us.

Just reading that shit freaks me out (crossing self, feeling better despite being a complete hypocrite). Anyway, have you ever heard of a book called The Four Agreements by alleged Toltec shaman Don Miguel Ruiz?

Most of it is your basic New Agey self-help book, which asks you to make four major changes to your MO that will supposedly change your life: (1)don't lie or try to hurt people with words; (2) don't take anything - not even a gun to your head - personally; (3) don't assume you know what people are thinking, be brave and ask; (4) always do your best. Sound advice, right?

Then, in the last chapter, the shaman dude starts talking about how humans are afflicted by these trans-dimensional bubble creatures attached to the back of our necks that feed on negative emotions - and cause them by manipulating our actions and points of view to cause more drama. No shit. He accidentally got rid of his when he almost died in a car crash; he theorizes that it got scared and detached. The more common method of getting yours to detach is following his method to a drama-free life and starving the damned thing(s) to death.

Evidentally, this is a bit of Toltec "mythology," but certainly sounds a lot like that Legion...
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

PreviousNext

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe