Serpent symbolism

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Serpent symbolism

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:19 pm

I was listening to a program which discussed what is called the Serpentine Cult that existed everywhere on the planet at one time.

Ancient shamanic visions were a manifestation of the universe which is made up of energy waves.

DNA is shaped like two intertwined serpents......all major religions manifest from this cult......and on and on.

Anybody have some in depth knowledge on this subject?
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:53 pm

Apparently alchemy kept this worship of snakes alive between the Gnostics and the modern era.

Ambulances and other medical symbols include the serpent.

Life-force elexors contained snake venom and blood,for instance.

The human spine with it's energy chakras is considered to be snakelike.

Christianity ended up demonizing it,partly as a way to control women and sexuality.
Sri Lanky

Postby coldharvest » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:30 pm

I routinely wrestle a spitting cobra if that's any help.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:51 pm

Crikey!..... cold is Steve Irwin reincarnated!
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:07 pm

What I found interesting from this discussion I heard was that Islam also comes out of this ancient serpent cult(all the major religions are).....not much was said about it and I don't know enough about Islam to comment.

However--> Like Christianity,particularly the Catholic Church,Islam reduced the rights of women and tried to control sexuality.....because if you control a person's sexuality you control the person.
Sri Lanky

Postby el3so » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:35 pm

Sri, I think you'll find this article interesting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros

Of course, most (if not all) of the ancient antropomorphic deities were female
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:55 pm

It is amazing how pervasive serpent imagery was around the entire planet at one time.

Thanx for the link.
Sri Lanky

Postby yorick » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:29 pm

Also symbol of medicine. Snakes have senses unlike any other animal, heat sensing glands and tongues that 'taste' the air. 3-lobed brain typical to reptiles too, highly developed parietal lobe that enables lizards to change color adapting to environment. Also regulates metabolism being a cold-blooded animal sensitive to environment temps. And said to be the seat of a third eye.

Meanwhile common among schools of mysticism is division along 2 paths being either the 'way of the snake' or the path of the dove. The snake being the more operative whereas the dove being more meditative. A question of either allowing one's thoughts and meditations to ascend through the planes (dove) or align and set thoughts into motion at levels below.

Astral plane is essentially what the Oroborous defines you understand. At metaphysical level where, say a butterfly flapping its wings at Jakarta influences the weather at New York.

I would caution any sincere occultist against spending too much time pursuing the way of the snake as symbolized in the Oroborous. The Astral is actually the lowest of higher metaphysical levels and you dont want to get stuck there. Wiccans and earth-based faiths, manipulating elements and elementals, generally dwell on the astral plane and below. What you want is closer access to the causal several levels above.

Meanwhile what you're saying about sexuality actually refers to the kundalini lower chakra of the groin, just the beginning root/source for chakra development at higher levels - spleen, solar plexis, heart, throat, forehead and crown. Can be understood as a serpent coiled thus:

Otherwise yes there's alot of mumbo-jumbo going around about earth-based faiths going full tilt boogie these days. I have lived with wiccans, admire their ways, yet can only say their God/Goddess system of belief is limitted to the material plane, ultimately subject to the causal far above that knows no such limitations and functions at levels of metaphysics far beyond the realm of binary existance. For antient Greeks access to the superior causal level was symbolized in the hermaphrodite or oracle. Thus the spiraling or coiled serpent as opposed the snake biting it's tail is a question of cause and effect or unlimitted linear capabilities much like a strand of DNA or the kabbalisic tree of life that does NOT revert upon itself like a moebus strip yet reaches forever onward.

Skip the Oroborous, says me, consider the Caduceus or Uraeus instead. Otherwise y'all can ask yourselves: Is this the *only* world you will ever know?

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:55 am

Yes,Wiccans tend to be attracted to me....I always tell them that being a Wiccan means that you still believe in something.

Also,they tend to be female supremacists.I put one in her place by mentioning her father...it was cruel but necessary.

I have personally experienced this kundalini shit....I wasn't careful....the snake bit back.

But I survived,stronger yet more humble.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:58 am

Also:this is what the Jews brought to the table....a way of breaking out of this so-called cycle in order to attain higher levels.

Without that?.....no liberal democracy.
Sri Lanky

Postby Big Duke 6 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:49 pm

coldharvest wrote:I routinely wrestle a spitting cobra if that's any help.

HA HA... trouser snake?
In the case of a nuclear war I wanna be where I can say, "What the fuck was THAT!?"
- Jay Hickman
Big Duke 6
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:58 am

HA HA... trouser snake?

Oui, Le Python de la Pantaloon.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:42 am

What?...a panty python?!
Sri Lanky

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe