Premonition Dreaming Just Before 9/11

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Premonition Dreaming Just Before 9/11

Postby SRR » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:41 am

http://www.boundaryinstitute.org/premon911.htm

Premonitions of 9/11

Below are a few of the premonitions and stories we have received since the events of September 11, 2001. Some are moving, some are merely puzzling. Since they are all recorded after the fact (except one, near the end, which was dated and recorded) and have not been independently corroborated, and since memories are malleable and dreams are open to interpretation, there is very little scientific value to these stories as such. We do not take them as anything other than honest accounts of human experience.

These accounts are presented here simply to contribute to a better understanding of the impact of this infamous day, and perhaps to inspire others to contact us to share their experiences or future premonitions. We will keep all communications confidential, but cannot promise to respond to every email.

I was living on the Upper West Side of Manhattan at the time. On the weekend before 9/11 I was sitting in my apartment enjoying the morning sun as I looked through a magazine. I was feeling content and peaceful. I turned the page of the magazine and a double page picture of the Manhattan skyline viewed from the Empire State Building was the cover photo for the next story. I think the story was about Manhattan real estate. Within seconds I was overcome by grief and I started crying. The clear and precise phrase came into my head "Something really f***ed up is going to happen here". The feeling passed after a while.

Most of my premonitions/precognitions come in the form of dreams. My 9/11 one was an exception. It came while I was watching TV with roommates one night, about 3 days before 9/11 happened. Also most of my premonitions occur about 3 days before the actual event; don't know why. By the way, I think we had finished watching a documentary about Pearl Harbor a little while before I had the premonition. I don't recall what we were watching at the time of the premonition. I was suddenly "seized" by numerous disturbing emotions (hate, anger, rage, fear, etc) and then had a mental vision of a large commercial passenger jet crashing into a very tall building -- the building/location were not clear, though. I kind of got the 'willies' from this, and tried to 'shake off' the feelings, wondering "where the heck did that come from"...as I had to assume at the time that it came from within my own psyche. Now I don't think so.

A few days before the attack I had the most vivid and terrifing nightmare I have ever had. I woke up in a sweat and told my husband about it. In the dream I was running down a city street I could see the tall buildings all around me, I was passing parked cars and I could hear people all around me screaming as they ran along with me. I looked back and I could see the debris and dust cloud gaining on me and I thought that if I ditched under one of the parked cars that I could somehow avoid getting hit by the larger stuff that was being carried along in the cloud. I covered my face once under a car and remember feeling like I was choking. End of the dream. The next few weeks as the 911 footage played on TV I relived that dream over and over as I watched the big clouds of dust and debris move down the street. The closest thing to the dream I could describe to my husband up until 911 was that it was so much like that scene from the movie Independence Day. It was so strange to have seen this before it happened.

I saw in my dream a building with two towers smoking. The next morning I asked if the World Trade Center had two towers and confirmed it did etc..... If the dream had confirmed the presence of aircraft I would certainly have emailed the White House, USA. (received 15 Sep 2001)

I have many psychic dreams. My most scary psychic dream was of 9/11. It is so close to the facts that many people simply can not believe it. I have a piece of paper where I wrote down 2 things upon waking: the date of the dream and around 200 days. I had my dream on March 2, 2001. The first thing that happened was an intense shaking in a major city. It looked like New York but it was hard to tell. Suddenly a huge plum of smoke came out of nowhere and people were running down the street. People were shouting and very scared. I was watching out a window or on a tv screen. I was scared but was far removed from the actual situation. A voice stated that in around 200 days this will happen. I have calculated many times and it was 192 days between March 2 and September 11. This to date is my most accurate dream or prediction. I do not go around talking about these things because they scare me. In my dream I did not see any planes because my view was at street level. By the way, at the end of the dream 3 buildings had collapsed, which is how many buildings actually fell in the attacks.

I worked in a tower block [a high-rise office in England] and for months before the disaster had recurring dreams of a plane hitting a tower. I assumed it was the one I was working in. My husband would drive me to work each morning and I would say I've had that dream again, I can't go in. It was so real every morning he would tell me I was being ludicrous but still I felt uneasy.

A few days before the 9/11 disaster I had one final dream and I woke up saying I was there this time. I was there when it hit. I described to him the feeling of panic, confusion, terror, smoke and papers flying everywhere. I was terrified.

[On 9/11] I heard the news from a colleague, but I didn't identify. It was only when I got home and saw the news and my husband's ashen face. He said your dream... its happened!

Well, to pass time on the flight I was practicing using a program called Bryce, which is something you use to create animations in virtual landscapes. I'm new to it. My battery ran out between 9:30 and 10:30 EST Tuesday morning [9/11], so the image I was working on was frozen on the screen. The crew didn't let on what had happened until we were safely on the ground in Halifax about 3 hours later. Otherwise there could have been mayhem.

When I started my computer up two days later, I was taken aback, having forgotten what I was working on. Two 'Ivory Towers' being approached by a silvered elipsoid. It was an image I had been trying to render for about a week during my stay in London. It was supposed to be a UFO. It was supposed to pass between them. (16 Sep 2001)

Three days before the terrorist strikes on America I had a dream, described as follows: I was at a barbeque in a garden unknown to me, though populated by friends and others whom were also unknown. Having an interest in astonomy and UFO's, I chanced to look up into the night sky and spotted a 'star'. Quite large , it was moving towards us and as it did so it became larger, then began changing shape. It now resembled a plane, and as it approached nearer still, formed the perfect image of a Boeing 747. It went overhead, then started to turn over on its axis 360 degrees, and again, then started to drop lower still and then disappeared over some trees.

I realised it was going to crash, and shouted to everyone to run towards the house. There was an almighty explosion as it hit the ground and sent debris flying past our heads. Soon after, we fled towards the scene, to be met by the sounds of police cars, ambulances, and a strange metal fenced enclosure, with people fleeing from it. (21 Sep 2001) [The "strange metal fenced enclosure" reminds one of the remaining pieces of the outer walls of the Trade Center seen frequently in pictures of the site. --ed.]

I thought about writing to you the day before the tragedy occurred. I was doing remote viewing and all I kept seeing was the pattern 'airplane, airplane, mechanical engineering, airplane mechanical engineering, New York City, New York City, New York City, the towers, many people in the streets, many cars in the streets' and then it ended with a vast desert scene, just a big vast plain of desert. I know when something is precognition because it occurs in strong repetitions as slide projections. I was up until two in the morning Europe time on Monday the 10th trying to figure out what this all meant. I was actually disappointed with myself and frustrated because I thought somehow my remote viewing abilities were not working. They were working, but just not in the way I thought they should be working. And this strong repetition made me wonder what was going on. I couldn't do remote viewing on anything else because it was so strong.

So I finally went to sleep at two. Then the next day when I was at work I was working on some papers and suddenly I couldn't think or concentrate. I felt pulled to go meditate. I just kept reading the same sentence over and over because I couldn't concentrate. So I said okay I'll go meditate. It was a very strong pull to go do this. I put my work down and went to the nearby church. It was 14:40 Europe time, five minutes before the attack.

There was no tv or radio that I had been informed with. I was there because of the pull. I was alone in the church and I just sat there. At 14:45 when the attack occurred, what I felt was a sense of the world and the impermanence of life in physical form. I didn't feel panic or fear, I amazingly felt a very dense sensation of spirit or 'cosmic' energy.

I continued to sit there and then at 15:05 when the second attack occurred, I looked at my watch and wondered if I should go back to work. The inner answer was no. I continued to sense what I had earlier, the bells reminding me of the times at zen meditation when I felt the wood blocks hit together reminded me of death, and the following bells reminded me of new life. And the presence of the world among this sense. At 15:30 after the NYC attack was over, I again looked at my watch and asked if I should go now. The inner answer was a strong push, a feeling and thought 'Yes, go now and think of the world.' I answered myself 'Yes, I will think of the world.'

A few hours later I saw a parent of one of my students, and she asked me if I knew what had happened and I said no. Needless to say, she then gave me the news. (23 Sep 2001)

... on Friday the 7th of September I was watching TV and saw a live shot of the New York skyline. In seeing this I saw no WTC towers and remember thinking that the Empire State building was the tallest building. I just wrote this off and thought nothing more of it until the next Tuesday. (23 Sep 2001)

Ever since I was a child I have experienced strange intuitions, sick feeling in my stomach to just general sense of panic. On September 10 as I was driving to Burlington Vermont, the radio station I was listening to kept talking about September 11 being 911, our emergency number. That started giving me very unsettling feelings. I continued my day which included completing my daily route.

Then as I was heading to the hospital to visit my newborn nephew, I was compelled to go to the airport which is a couple of miles away, for absolutely no reason. I have never been there before. There is a cemetery in front of the airport, as I passed it I began to shake and was wondering why that was there, but as I drove more a plane was taking off as normal, I began to tremble uncontrollably and had to stop my car. The word "hijacker" kept coming to mind. I had a very strong urge to find someone to inform but was afraid that they would think that I was nuts. I just felt I had to get out of there and block it from my mind. It has haunted me ever since. (24 Sep 2001)

Approximately two weeks prior to the Sept. 11th events I began "sensing an uneasy quiet", and the phrase "the universe is holding its breath" kept coming into my mind. This was soon followed by a physical sensation of a tightening or clenching feeling in the solar plexus area (around the navel) which worsened until late Saturday Sept. 8th. I awoke several nights during that time a least once and sometimes two or three times with a sensation of "terror" with no thought or nightmare experience to relate it to. It was simply that I would suddenly awake and experience this feeling of terror.

Oddly enough, on the morning of Sept.11th prior to the onset of the events, I felt a complete reversal of the sensations experienced for the two weeks leading up to the 11th. When I stepped outside for my usual morning walk I noted to my friend that suddenly the atmosphere felt very settled. My friend had been experiencing the same sensations during this two week period and concurred with me about the new sensation. I have many times experienced a similar stream of experiences leading up to the death of someone I know personally and the same odd sensation of settledness on the day of the crossing. (26 Sep 2001)

I have two friends who had precognitive dreams the night before the World Trade Center disaster. They both live in the west part of Greenwich Village in Manhattan, but separately, and have only met once through me about two months ago. Greenwich Village is not far from the World Trade Center. My friend D_, who lives on West 12th Street dreamt that she was traveling in some large tunnel or cylinder that struck a building. She heard the sound of window glass breaking and then this sound was repeated and repeated. She said she later realized that it was many windows breaking. My friend N_, who lives further south and west in the Village, dreamt that an old man, a figure of death, visited him with two dogs and said, "You escaped this time." (26 Sep 2001)

Exactly simultaneously as the events unfolded September 11th. I slept in the afternoon on a rare occasion. I had had little sleep the night before. This is in Norway, when it's afternoon when it's morning in America. I was first inside one tower. I recognized stairways, up/down "pannick" inside a large tall building and the sense of fire sometimes down, sometimes higher up. Suddenly I had a vision from inside a plane's fuselage in the air and a tense feeling of contemplation over a serious situation. I felt I had to go on with the dream but I was disturbed, and so I lost contact and memory of the dream. I woke up feeling hungry and weak. Despite having lost memory of the dream temporarily I felt something bad had happened on earth but needed to eat something before going to my mail reader. I was "surprised" to find nothing, and read some other unread mail, when suddenly one of my contacts sent me the news. (26 Sep 2001)

My husband and I had a conference in Yuma AZ (via a San Diego flight on the 9th) the 10th of September 2001. The preceding Friday my granddaughter 4 years old told us very urgently - "Papa, Nana, make sure you don't go up high in any balloons because they are fragile and airplanes are very pointy on the end and if they run into them they can pop them." When we questioned her further she just repeated the same thing only more urgently.

At the hotel breakfast buffet Tuesday the 11th, there was a big screen TV live broadcasting the news of the first crash. When we heard an airplane had crashed into the tower we both immediately said "Airplanes are very pointy on one end." When I was finally able to return home (we had to drive) I asked her again about what she told us. "Madeline, remember when you told us not to go up high in a balloon because an airplane might pop them? What did you mean by that? She just said "Nana I told you, airplanes are very pointy on the end and have very sharp sharp wings that can cut." (26 Sep 2001)

On September 11, 2001, I awoke at 4:55am Pacific Time. I "felt" someone say to me (in my head, not in the physical), "Something terrible is going to happen." I got up and walked around my house for several minutes, checking for anything that might be amiss, trying to shake the feeling, but it refused to leave. I resolved to tell my son, before he left for school, to be extra careful that day, but when I went in to talk to him at 6:45 that morning, he had been listening to the radio for fifteen minutes, and told me that something happened to the World Trade Center. He didn't really know what that was, but I turned on the tv at that time and finally understood what the "terrible" thing was that I'd been warned about. (05 Oct 2001)

The morning of the catastrophe I awakened remembering a strange dream I had during the night. I dreamed that I was a teacher standing before my class, pointing to a picture of two tall flaming, smoking buildings with a circle of burning rubble next to them. I remember telling the class it was a lesson from the Bible or Roman history. I told them, that the picture represented two cities on fire and my question was for them to name the two cities in the picture. No one answered. I woke up and sat down to breakfast, my family was watching the burning of the twin towers and then the burning of the pentagon (round circle of my dream) ties burning. I found my answer. (10 Oct 2001)

I had a vision of the attack a few days before it happened. I knew precisely that something huge and terrible was going to happen. I felt light flashes as missiles coming from far away hitting, hurting and burning my body. I was much alarmed and concerned. Tried to warn people but nobody believed me. I wrote an e-mail to a scientific colleague at Jerusalem announcing an imminent major attack against America and/or Israel. He was shocked when it happened and asked me whether I could not predict better news next time... (1 Dec 2001)

The day of or the day before 911, I had a dream I was being tomented by two green snakes, both moving in sync. I was in an office where my daughter works and I kept saying to her, "You don't know how much danger you are in." My daughter worked at 7 World Trade Center and called her office in the morning to tell them she was going to be late, because she wasn't feeling well. I had not talked to my daughter that moring and I had not told her about the dream I had. (20 Feb 2002)

On the morning of Friday, Sept. 7, (at approx. 5 am Ukraine time) I had a dream (while asleep) that I was on a passenger on a large plane that started to veer suddenly off course, then began a steep and frightening descent. In my dream I screamed to God for help. The plane crashed, but strangely, no one was hurt. I looked back, and saw that the plane had been ripped apart in the mid section, and that the passengers, including me, were calmly disembarking from the torn hull. Strangely, we were in midtown Manhattan, on the sidewalks of New York (where I grew up). I looked up at the tall skyscrapers all around us and wondered how in the world we had landed unharmed, and had not crashed into any buildings. (08 Jul 2002)

... One day I was talking to her and she said that a strange thing had happened to her that morning. She had been at her desk and when she looked up, the landscape did not look right. Then she realized the trade towers weren't there anymore. Then as she just sat there, they came back; they were there again....right where they always are. She said she was sure about it. They were gone and then they came back. It quite unhinged her at the time. This was in 1999. ... She maintains that it was a clear day; they were simply gone, and then they came back. She does not know what to make of it. This did not happen in conjunction with any sense of foreboding about a future event. ... She doesn't remember that anything else changed on the horizon. "There was just open air where they should have been." She was totally stunned at the time...and then "they just came back." (12 Sep 2002)

It starts September 10th 2001 late at night, I had to go to school next morning and so I tried to get a day off the next morning by pretending I was sick to my Parents however when I reached the toilet I felt an overpowering choking take over my body....As If I had been Inhaling Smoke or Dust at a rapid pace. Immediatly I questioned my parents whether the house was on fire but after they reassured me there wasn't I went to bed, While asleep I had a very Clear dream In which Dust was chasing me Down the streets of Manhattan and as I turned I seen only One Tower of WTC was standing, and it was on fire. Several Hours Later I was woke up and as we turned on the TV there was Breaking news that the Twin Towers were on fire, and I shook with shear fear. [This boy, 8 years old at the time, had previously been to New York and to Windows on the World. --ed.]

On Labor Day Monday, 2001 (8 days before 9/11), about 3:30 in the afternoon, I flew out of La Guardia returning to Nashville, TN. The flight was uneventful, but for some reason, I was completely terrified as I sat in my seat. I have never been particularly comfortable in a plane, but I have never experienced the terror that I did when I flew out that day. After I got back home, I told a number of people what had happened. I told them I was seriously considering never flying again if whatever caused that to happen could make it happen again. Some people thought I'd had a panic attack, but all I knew was that for no apparent reason, I was in my seat writhing with fear.

I'd lived in NYC from 1973 until 1984, and while I was there I'd had a recurrent dream about falling out of the top of a very tall skyscraper, one that was square at the top, when the building collapsed. I'd also had at least one dream that Manhattan was blocked off by terrorist blowing up of the bridges connecting Manhattan with the mainland and that we were trapped without being able to leave the city. I saw both of these things happen on 9/11: people falling from the World Trade Center and Manhattan closed. (12 Aug 2002)

On September 6, 2001, I had a dream of a street filled with debris and clouds of dusty brown smoke rolling in from all sides. Into my field of view stumbled George W. Bush wearing a grey suit with a big white question mark painted on its back. The paint was fresh, still dripping. Unable to secure a solid footing, he moved forward and away from me into the dust, and disappeared. That week I was in Hawaii on business, and couldn’t help but expect news of his demise, political or physical. I couldn’t deny my sense of expectation or excitement, a sort or dark knowing, yet couldn’t make out just what was coming. All I knew was that it had to do with the president, and it was going to be a bad thing.

[A few days later] ... I’d had the book for months [The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying], but never flipped past page 1. The timing never felt right. Its also a big subject, and I avoided it. But at long last the urge hit and I picked it up and turned to page two. Somehow it seemed like the right time to learn about death.

I got to page 8 when I had a strong feeling that someone close to me in New York had just died. Speaking defiantly aloud, to whom I’m not sure, I said “No, it's not time yet.” I thought it weird, but paid not too much heed. I closed the book, set my alarm, and lay to sleep. At last wink, the clock read 2:45 am which, in New York, is 8:45 am. And the date happened to be September 11, 2001. (23 Dec 2002)

It was at my birthday party in April [2001], and my friends and I often talk about metaphysics. More so about energies and how we feel and such. Someone asked me a question (that I rather not say, because that haunts me even more). I knew I could see the future but I've never particularly liked doing so. However at their request I looked forward. I then told the entire room that there would be a tragedy like nothing we had ever seen before. That is would happen in late August, but most assuredly it would occur in New York City. I told them I saw running in the streets, broken glass and dead bodies. What bothered me was no one cared about the bodies, and at the time I described it as being sort of like a riot. But much much worse. I knew if it was a riot it would be more deadly then anything we had seen before.

My friend was satisified with my answer, and I was frightened by it. It was the first 'big' prediction I had ever made. I decided then, that if it came true that I would accept that yes I could see the future. If it didn't then I would be relieved and know I didn't have such an ability (which means the other things I saw wouldn't come true either). I confided in only my closest friend at the time, what I saw but didn't tell the others. On the street I saw that had the broken windows, and dead bodies I then saw what looked like a wave of blood, as tall as the building, and rushing to cover the people. I didn't mention it to anyone else because a wave of blood like that seemed impossible. So I didn't feel it important to mention, but it also was very spooky and I didn't want to mention it.

Okay, so August came and went, and the beginning of September I was happy. I felt that, yes I couldn't see the future. I wasn't a nut. Then 9/11 occured. I sat in my car as I listened to the radio. They talked about how one plane just hit one of the twin towers. The radio then went on to say, it's okay there is another plane, we think it's going to drop water on the tower. I stated out loud in my car, "No, it's going to hit the other tower." The next thing the radio said was, "Oh my god, it hit the other tower." I knew that there would be more that day, as I think some of us just knew there would be. However it wasn't till the towers fell that the wave of blood made sense. It wasn't blood but a wave of dust from the towers collapsing that I had seen. That was when I knew, that yes, I can see the future. I can no longer deny it. I may not like what I can see, but I can see it. (28 Dec 2002)

Most of my anxiety in all its forms I directly attribute to one singular event which I experienced my first week in NYC.

I had what I strongly believe was a premonition in the indoor observation deck at the top of World Trade Center Tower 2 when I first came here nearly 10 years ago. That feeling I was suddenly overcome with, was so unmistakably black, and evil, and felt somewhat as if I had been covered from behind by some sort of black blanket. This experience also nearly rendered me completely incapable of seeing for what must have been about 10-12 seconds. Another way to describe what the 'overcome' part felt like, would be to say think back at what we feel when we stand up too quick, or hyperventilate. That rush you get that makes you dizzy. This experience was very similar, however COMPLETELY different.

I have no doubt in my mind that what I felt was not a head rush, but something much worse. I knew the feeling I was having was in direct relation to where I was standing at the time, and that I would never be back up to that spot again. That's exactly what transpired. I of course had no idea the towers would be completely gone, however...

I also never felt the need to talk about this incident till after Sept 11th.. What I felt truly petrified me, maybe even more so than Sept 11th itself.. I think It was only then, AFTER it happened, that I even thought about that experience since it happened. I had conveniently suppressed it for nearly 10 years.

For a week before Sep. 11th I felt very depressed and I could not think of any reason why. I thought to myself, "I am happy in my marriage, the kids are OK, work is going well, life is good in general, so what is my problem?". I just could not shake a feeling of profound sadness in the pit of my stomach. People who knew me well asked, "Are you OK? You just do not seem like yourself at all". Then, two nights before Sept. 11th I had a disturbing dream.

In the dream I was in a very tall building (I have a fear of heights) and there were many people with me. Suddenly the building began to shake and sway and people panicked, running around, screaming and trying to escape. I looked out the windows and there were clouds of smoke all around and the buildings next to us were crumbled. When I woke up I began to cry. I dragged myself through the next day, crying on and off and thinking that I really needed to go to a shrink because I was cracking up.

The next morning I awoke with my stomach in knots and a deep feeling of apprehension and dread. As I drove to work I was sobbing and thinking that I was definitely losing my grip. But still, I could not understand WHY.

I am a teacher, and that morning I went to take the attendance cards to the office as I do every morning. As I walked into the office I saw that the television was turned on and when I looked at it I understood what my dream and depression were all about. An eerie feeling crept over me as I realized that what I had dreamed had come true. I began to cry again, but this time I knew exactly why. Sadly, reality and nightmare had become one.

Date: July 29, 2001 at 03:03:34
Subject: Fall/Winter,New York,7.7,80%

Has anybody else out there had a premonition dream of an earthquake hitting New York? I had my dream about 2:33 AM, July 29th, 2001.

In the dream I was watching the Today Show on my TV and Katie Couric was talking. All of the sudden everything at the Today Show studio shook and the TV signal from New York blacked out and immediately cut back to local advertisements. ... I also saw periodic cut-ins into the local broadcasts by Katie doing a remote hook-up from a television truck and she was talking about 10,000 people dying in a building. Either she was talking about the Empire State Building or the World Trade Center. In the dream the quake was very devastating because she could barely hold her emotions together on the air and in the background of the TV image I could see huge open spaces where tall skyscrapers once stood and one tall skyscraper billowing smoke from all of it's broken windows. While Katie was interviewing some survivors, more aftershocks hit the city and knocked out the TV transmissions once more.

I usually don't write about dreams and I usually don't dream about far away places, but this dream stuck out because it scared the "you know what" out of me. (Archived and dated Sep 24 2001, see The Wayback Machine.)

I am 33 years old, born and raised in NYC, my wife is 27 and from from Indiana. We were married on top of the World Trade Center on 8-11-2000. ...

On about September 9th [2001], possibly the 10th (we can't remember which day), in our bathroom we noticed on the wall above the toilet a section of the wall had developed what appeared to be a dark gray/blackish mold-like substance, about 2 feet by 2 feet...kind of like a big stain. At the time we didn't think much of it except that it was strange. The fact that we didn't think much of it is strange in itself...normally I would think this is an indicator of a leak or some other problem and I would investigate it immediately. I didn't investigate it at all. Furthermore, it's strange that we didn't try to clean it off....and neither one of us can remember if we touched it.

Also, around September 9th, I was overwhelmed with depression which is not typical for me. The depression got to the point that I cried several times which is also not typical of me. The night of September 10th, I cried my eyes out.

On September 11th, both my wife and I woke up with terrible headaches. While my wife does occasionally get headaches, I rarely do. In addition to the headaches we both had this unsettling feeling. We did not want to go to work that day, but we did anyway. At the time of the terrorist attacks my wife and I both left work and went home. We sat glued to the television, calling our families and friends. The stain on the bathroom wall disappeared on either the 11th or the 12th, and never re-appeared since. Our headaches were gone by the 12th.

There was no plumbing in the wall... One odd thing to wonder is why my wife and I never attempted to clean the stain....we both wondered what it was, but we were mostly unfazed by it. It was only after it was gone, after 9/11, that I thought about it and inspected for moisture and tried to recreate it [without success].

I went to my mother's house to visit her as I did on many days in late June 2001. I needed to go up to the store shortly after visiting to get some cigarettes, and she and I drove up to the gas station. She said I will take you up there in my car so we went. We pulled up to the gas station and she ran in for me. As I waited for her to come out something made me stare at the building of this gas station. This gas station is called "flyers", and on the side of it is an airplane flying across to the corner of the other side. [Similar to one at right.-ed.] As I stared at the airplane strange information came to me. My mother came out and immediately noticed something was not right with me. She said what's wrong? That's when I told her that there is going to be a very bad plane crash and that so many people are going to die. I asked her how many people can an airplane carry? She said a few hundred she thought. I told her it would be so much more than that. I told her that it would be on every channel on t.v. And that it would be written in our history books and that there has never ever been any kind of plane crash like this before. She wanted to know what just happened to me. I said look at that airplane on the gas station - you see that? Something made me look at that, whatever it was would not let me look away. I told her it was going to happen in two or three months, but more like closer to the three month mark. I felt all of the people like they were calling out to me for help. It was so scary I wanted to cry but didn't... I told them both that when this happens you will remember what I told you... It wasn't until 9/11 did I figure out that the airplane on the side of the wall was how it would happen. I cannot ever forget what happened to me that day in June 2001, and how I should have called someone even if they would have thought I was crazy. I just have always felt like I let all those people down I will never be the same...

... because we are now just passing the 5 year anniversary of 9/11 it just feels like time to share what happened to me on the morning of September 10, 2001. Here is my story.

I was relaxed and enjoying a leisurely morning in my apartment ... in Utah. As I was getting ready to head out for the day I decided to take a leisurely shower. ... As I stood there in the shower letting the water run over my head and body I started feeling an immense pressure coming down onto me like a giant wave of the ocean. As this pressure increased I suddenly started feeling great waves of emotion gushing through me and then I began to cry, I felt a great sadness and it became more intense until I was weeping uncontrollably, the great waves of sadness and kept coming relentlessly. I found that I had no control over this crushing weight and began to fall to the floor of the shower where I sobbed even more deeply, weeping and sobbing in convulsive waves. I have never wept like this before or since that day. There was absolutely nothing I could about what was happening to me and through me. I continued sobbing on the floor of the shower for at least several minutes, I'm not exactly sure. ...

As I rested in the kitchen area, leaning against the counter for some extra support I felt perhaps this "event" was over. Trying to make sense of what just happened I started feeling more waves of terror and great sadness when all of the sudden another huge wave of emotion and tremendous pressure came over me again! Once again I fell to the floor, knees first and then all the way face down, on the side with my arms over the back of my head where I wept and sobbed uncontrollably again and again and again. ... I screamed at the top of my lungs towards the heavens and with my hands high above my head and asked in great frustration, "Why is this happening?!", "Why is this happening?!", "Why is this happening?!". I continued to scream this question until the waves of terror dissipated.

Within a short while after this I was ready to go out for the day. Soon I was caught up in the activities of that day as if nothing had happened that morning ... I pretty much forgot about this incident until early the next morning, with my cell phone ringing I climbed out of bed and answered the phone. It was my friend ... telling me that the World Trade Center in New York City was being attacked! -- Daniel

Today when my ten year old son Tyler came home from school, he had a lot of questions about the 9/11 tragedy. This was a first, since he was only five when the tragedy happened. He wanted to know what we were doing that day, and he asked me if I knew about the other planes that not only hit the tower but also hit the Pentagon. I told him I knew all about that tragic day. I asked him if he had known about 9/11 prior to today after hearing about it at school, and he said he hadn't remembered seeing anything but he did remember hearing about the towers. Then he got all excited and mentioned that he did remember having a dream the night prior, of two planes crashing into each other. He swears he remembers telling me about his nightmare the next morning, but I don't recall.

I asked him to describe the dream. He said after the two planes crashed into each other, he heard a loud siren begin to bellow, as he did the sound effect for me. Then he said the lights came out. He described them as large movie lights and told me they were looking for more planes in the night sky. He said the last thing he remembered right before waking up, was that he was standing next to two tall buildings that were just about to fall on him. His dream is a little different from the actual events but its pretty darn close. I also noticed tonight for the first time while watching the news, that in the place now for the two towers are two large spot lights that shine into the night sky. I thought that was interesting, since Tyler mentioned the same sort of lights shining into the night sky.

[2-3 weeks prior to 9/11] I had a dream of a tremendous explosion and being blown into the air at a great height. I have a fear of heights and remember thinking I was going to die (seemed very real). There was a great deal of black smoke. As I was falling through the air I noticed dozens of other people falling with me, at different heights. Strangely, this calmed me down a bit. Then I realized I was going to soon hit the ground. I landed on a pile of bodies, some groaning and some not moving. I awoke, and noted with great relief it was a dream. Then I noticed I was shaking, and the bed sheets and pillowcases were saturated in sweat. I could wring them out. (For an unknown reason I slept on an exercise mat in an empty bedroom that night.) It was 5 am. I couldn't go back to sleep. I went to work 2 hours early, walked in the back door. My nurse who arrives early was there. I had no intention of saying anything, but she kept saying "You! look odd, did something happen?" I reluctantly related the story, telling her it was the most "real" and most terrifying nightmare I had ever experienced. We both apparently forgot about it.

I left work there and went to TX for a week. I was starting a new position in NC on 9/16. We returned on 9/10. About 2 weeks later, while sitting in my office between patients, the whole thing returned to my memory instantly(hair stood up on my neck). I immediately called Linda (nurse) in NC and reminded her of the prior conversation. She dropped the phone. (P. S.- she reminded me of pertinent details I told her that day that I had subsequently forgotten.)
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby nowonmai » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:42 pm

I didn't read the blurb in the post but I dreamt the Pope got shot very shortly before he was. Told a couple of people about it because I hardly ever remember my dreams.

I also had a sufficiently strong feeling that a Concorde would crash that I mentioned it to a couple of people over coffee, in passing, not in any great flash of intuition way. It crashed the next day. Their reaction was not good.

You are all going to die.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby redharen » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:05 pm

Somehow I think that one's going to come true too.
redharen
small ax

Postby nowonmai » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:02 am

The last one was the Victorian coming out in me. In the midst of life we are in death and all that. I never get bored of reminding people of that. Especially when they really are about to die, which in this case, you're not, well you might be, I just don't know.

The first two are true though. But meaningless other than as curios of life.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby yorick » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:53 am

Nowonmai of all people confessing psych attunement here at the THC. But how do we know you dreaming these events did NOT cause them to occur? Realistically of course this is more probable if you see yourself within the dream. Then the powers of subconscious suggestion stemming from dream state might actually have more operative effect. Like the old story of somebody dreamin they were strapped to guillotine. Then say somebody taps em on the neck to wake em up and thus they suddenly drop dead - what was it that killed them?

And here's another premonition story of somebody nearly gettin "willed" to death. In short, can disaster occur based on subconscious suggestion alone? Sometimes i think it can. Either all things, events and occurrances are psychically induced or none of em are. The idea being above and beyond the material plane is another wherein flows cause and effect.

And now another perspective on premonition:

Father finished telling bedtime stories to 5 yr old daughter. She then said her prayers thus: "God Bless mommy and daddy and grandpa - goodbye grandma."

The father asked her why she said goodbye to grandma and the little girl replied: "because it seemed the right thing to do."

Sure enough next morning grandma kicked the bucket. And an astonished father listened carefully to daughter's prayers the next evening which ended thus: ".....and goodbye grandpa."

Sure enough the old guy died on the following day. Now shaking with fear and dread, father put his daughter to bed on 3rd night and nearly keeled over on the spot when she finished her prayers with "......goodbye daddy."

All the following day long the poor guy was scared shitless, refused to leave the office because it was the only place he felt safe. Reconnoitring he'd probly be okay if he survived until midnight, never left his desk.

Upon returning home he met his wife who asked where he'd been. "At the office all day and all night too, the worst day of my life in fear of falling down dead at any moment" he said.

"Now there's a coincidence," replied his wife. "Today was miserable for me, tennis instructor at the country club dropped dead from heart attack in middle of our second set."

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:22 pm

Oh great....I had a dream I shot someone who was out to shoot me.

But now that I have been alerted of subconscious suggestion I should be OK so long that conscious suggestion can over-ride it.
Sri Lanky

Postby yorick » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:39 am

For sure Mr. Lanky, last post of mine sounds lame invoking "subconscious suggestion". And yer gunfight premonition sounds like you've already shot dead the shooter was gonna shoot you. Rarely we see ourselves in dreams but worth taking note when we do.

Arguably under dreamstate conditions its closest we come to arriving at causal levels.

Last edited by yorick on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:21 pm

Something like that though it was two or more shooters and shooting is more of a metaphor.

Some people can't get over their sexual jealosy.
Sri Lanky

Postby Kurt » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:17 pm

A few years after the fact.

I have messed up ears. On 9/11 I woke up at 5am with a roaring in my ears that sounded like a jet engine. I woke up because I thought a jet was about to crash into me. It went away as soon as I got on the subway.

But a while later, I had the same thing again and nothing happened...so it was clearly just a coincidence but stuck in my head because of that day.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:34 pm

Guns never work in my dreams. Does this mean I'm impotent?

I'll take the "of all people" as a compliment.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:04 pm

The most common premonitions are the crashing of a plane or the death of someone we know.....apparently.
Sri Lanky

Postby Kurt » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:34 am

I always have dreams that seem like premonitions..but really are not. They are always the same:

Tornado passes over me..I feel a sense of relief. Then I look to the southwest and see either a really huge tornado or lots of tornados coming towards me.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby yorick » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:28 am

Dreamstate does not use logic, rhyme or reason. Instead its about landmarks we perpetually rack up on experiential level, personal and individual towards each everyday life. Hence none but the dreamer himself is qualified to interpret actual dream meanings.

And then there's the realm of 'lucid dreaming' where we litterally ascend into higher realms of consciousness. This is where we receive visitations of others and even the dead. Also the most likely state wherein the conscious mind refreshes itself through long distance travel into the subconscious, what Jung called the "superconscious" collective intelligence alliance the same all over the world. Here's where premonitions might occur.

And it haint just the mind that goes underground in sleep, you understand, autonomous nervous system of internal organs goes into healing mode too. Undisturbed and given full reign without willful moving of limbs and deliberate direction of thoughts as occurs when awake. Basically autonomous functions invite the brain through the spinal cord to let go of external disturbances of everyday life and 'heal' itself of unwanted thoughts and/or unresolved issues.

Meanwhile the only seatbelts we get arrive in the form of gauche mere or "nightmeres" - wherein terror of threshold at highest levels intervenes on our behalf. Such is the system basically sayin there's some critical unresolved causal effective shit in the works, thats all.

Personally i welcome nightmeres as easily as welcoming pysch attack in immediate surroundings of everyday life. Albeit hypersensitivity to this makes me susceptible. Would love it to death if weird witch doctors and pranksters of even the most disreputable psych alliances would cast their curses on me, hell it just plain gets boring after awhile. The really mundane stuff along these lines always tends to be forced and rarely spontaneous as we all know.

And those suffering recurring ominous message such as feeling of falling, sense of drowning, tornados on the horizon, gunshot etc are luckiest of all. Consider these benchmark themes that can actually refer to anything specific (relying on dreamers interpretation that none others are qualified to make). Subconscious/autonomous playback of alarm system sayin whatever's on the horizon aint nothin the system haint dealt with before.

Children's Rhyme wrote:Now I lay me down to sleep, pray the lord my soul to keep. And if I die before I wake, pray the lord my soul to take.

This simple children's prayer says everything you need to know about dreamstate travel. Basically inviting out of body dreamstate occurances to happen, selflessly and fearlessly relinquishing one's subconscious to highest realms its capable of journeying with neither fear of death nor undue consequences. Refreshing covenant one makes alluding to birth and rebirth, acacia etc

yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:21 pm

Lucid dreams are more like powerful visions. I can literally feel a surge of tremendous energy through me when these occur. These must come from deep within the psyche.

A friend had the coolest dream....he could see his brain leaking fluid and he felt happy because then he wouldn't have to think anymore.
Sri Lanky

Postby nowonmai » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:33 pm

Last night I was feeding scorpion cats that were lodging in my house. They loved chicken and ate them using delicate claws. So far I've not found any under sofa.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe