women are so much smarter than men

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Postby yorick » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:11 am

Or women are the only reason we aint still living in caves? Being that species evolves from the hearth outward. IOW, remove outer world challenges and men become obsolete.

Nah, its still a question of "art and artists" says me. The finest women make their men glad to be men and vice-versa. Stupidity among women occurs when they fail to allow men to be men. Meanwhile as Neitche said: man must never forget his whip for taming women when adventuring among them.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

wrong, wrong, wrong

Postby denise » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm

no lightstalker, man finds food, man kills food, man hauls it home, man barbeques, woman makes sure everyone has a napkin.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:49 pm

Moien to the Luxembourger.
How is Grand-Duc Henri these days. A particularly fine Constitutional Monarch if I may say.

Hopefully you are not just another foreign launderer, I mean banker.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:06 am

I dunno, my dad left when we were kids and my mom went from a housewife, to a office peon who struggled to keep us in a 1br apartment, to an ace military contractor, computer stuff when it was all new, with 140 employees and I don't know how many other people depending on her and her department. She never has to worry about money as long as she lives.

I think a lot of women don't succeed in a "man's" world because they don't have to - they have a guy doing the providing. (Which is pretty smart, if you think about it.) My sister and I, since we never really figured out how to get a guy to pay for our shit (must run in the family) have both excelled in our respective fields. She pulls down six figures wearing a suit, I get paid to travel all over the world, and I have a stack of "firsts" that aren't "first woman," they're "first" period.

Anyway, the guy I'm dating now, I'm absolutely failing at getting him to marry me and have kids and provide for me, drat it all, but at the same time I'm much more successful than he'll ever be, well, if we were being compared man to man. And I just got another kick-ass job offer, he keeps saying how jealous he is and getting irritated. (Which is kind of stupid, if you think about it; I could profit and provide for him, if he could handle the "shame" of it.) He's as smart as me, smarter probably, but he's never worked as hard as I have, so I'm getting the payoff. I think the same goes for a lot of women - they aren't stupid, they just haven't worked as hard as a lot of men. Or they've worked hard raising children, which is written off as easy by society, easier than building bridges in the wilderness. But is it really?

So, I don't think it's that men are smarter than women. Or vice versa for that matter. I just think women tend to be lazy about providing and profiting when they can get some guy to do it for them. When we can't, like me, then we have to do our best. And, frankly, my best kicks most guys' asses. Am I smarter than they are? Probably not. But I'm sure as hell not stupider.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:09 am

friendlyskies wrote:I dunno, my dad left when we were kids and my mom went from a housewife, to an office peon who struggled to keep us in a 1br apartment, to an ace military contractor, computer stuff when it was all new, with 140 employees and I don't know how many other people depending on her and her department. She never has to worry about money as long as she lives.

I think a lot of women don't succeed in a "man's" world because they don't have to - they have a guy doing the providing. (Which is pretty smart, if you think about it.) My sister and I, since we never really figured out how to get a guy to pay for our shit (must run in the family) have both excelled in our respective fields. She pulls down six figures wearing a suit, I get paid to travel all over the world, and I have a stack of "firsts" that aren't "first woman," they're "first" period.

Anyway, the guy I'm dating now, I'm absolutely failing at getting him to marry me and have kids and provide for me, drat it all, but at the same time I'm much more successful than he'll ever be, well, if we were being compared man to man. And I just got another kick-ass job offer, he keeps saying how jealous he is and getting irritated. (Which is kind of stupid, if you think about it; I could profit and provide for him, if he could handle the "shame" of it.) He's as smart as me, smarter probably, but he's never worked as hard as I have, so I'm getting the payoff. I think the same goes for a lot of women - they aren't stupid, they just haven't worked as hard as a lot of men. Or they've worked hard raising children, which is written off as easy by society, easier than building bridges in the wilderness. But is it really?

So, I don't think it's that men are smarter than women. Or vice versa for that matter. I just think women tend to be lazy about providing and profiting when they can get some guy to do it for them. When we can't, like me, then we have to do our best. And, frankly, my best kicks most guys' asses. Am I smarter than they are? Probably not. But I'm sure as hell not stupider.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:11 am

heh...well, except for forgetting that I can't edit this thread, and double posting...drat it all.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby marie-angelique » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:42 pm

who cares who is smarter than whom anyways and what would it do for us if one could prove such a thing?
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:02 pm

marie-angelique wrote:who cares who is smarter than whom anyways and what would it do for us if one could prove such a thing?

It's the subject of the post. If you click on the original poster's www button, it takes you to a genital mutilation site - where women cut the shit out of each other, condemning their own daughters to misery and/or a nasty, bloody, horribly painful (and probably smelly, what an infection!) death. That seems pretty stupid, right? The trade-off, however, is that the miserable daughters who survive can be married off to men, who will provide for the parents, I assume because men have access to those cultural activities that allow them to "provide and profit." So it's pretty smart to use a jagged tuna-can lid to maim your own daughter, in a cultural context where women are assumed to be stupider and less capable than men. And in any culture where those beliefs exist, women can be marginalized, hurt and killed.

I read a book recently which mentioned, as an aside, something interesting about the Shuar People of the Ecuadorian Amazon (headshrinkers, if you must be so gauche). They, more than any other people in the world evidentally, have resisted the onslaught of Middle Eastern religions and associated moral codes; when I was there, they killed two Baptist missionaries from the USA. One of the Shuar's big complaints about Middle Eastern religions is that they devalue women. The Shuar consider men and women equal, although the traditional division of labor (men go out and hunt, cut down trees, etc; women raise kids, farm, take care of the house) is in full force.

According to the book, they believe that men are physically stronger, but lack a certain type of good judgement. "We will kill animals when we already have enough food; we will cut down trees even when we do not need wood." The woman has veto power - she says "enough," and the guys aren't allowed to harvest anything else until she gives the go-ahead.

When a Shuar delegation arrived in the USA in the early 1990s, to protest Shell Oil or something like that, they were shocked at the "over" development. "What happened to your women?" the book quoted one of the delegates as saying. "Why didn't they tell you to stop?"

Now, at first this seemed a little counterintuitive, to me anyway. In the Qu'ran, it says that women should not handle the family's money, because they tend to spend beyond their means. In the Bible, the man is head of household, with implied veto power over women's spending. Certainly I know plenty of women who buy way too much ridiculous shit. But, after reading that little story about the Shuar, I began watching my friends' spending patterns. Almost everything they bought was (1) to attract/keep men (beauty products, clothes, home stuff that wasn't necessary) or (2) labor saving devices so they could function as men and women at the same time (restaurant food, cars and appliances, entertainment for the kids).

Obviously, I'd rather live in my overdeveloped world than the unforgiving jungles of the Amazon, though it's a nice place to visit. But the concept of men and women as different, but equal and complimentary, is certainly interesting. The idea that men and women have different types of intelligence that balance each other out seems, well, like Occam's razor.

Who cares if men or women are smarter? Well, the original poster cares, I care. I care in the sense that when women are devalued and cut off from cultural activities allowing us to provide and profit, we get caught up in the horrors of Middle Eastern morality, from Salem Witch Trials and genital mutilation and stoning, to the "she was asking for it" defense in rape trials (still valid in the USA in the 1970s) and getting paid less for equal work, which still happens today.

And the Shuar obviously care; if it is woman's responsibility to say "enough" - and that may well be the great challenge of our generation - then we cannot afford to let women be marginalized.

I am disheartened when women are so self-deprecating, when they assume that they are capable of less than men, when they belittle womankind as though it were their vaginas, not their lack of momentum, holding them back. Not only does their low self-esteem undermine their own opportunities for joy and success, it makes it a tiny bit more difficult even for women like me, who do quite well in a "man's" world. And those women in India, who are not sent to school because that would be "watering another person's garden," as the saying goes; those who were born in the epicenter of anti-woman morality, the Middle East, who cannot drive, or flirt, or work where they want, or do things that we on the fringes of that disturbingly prolific meme factory take for granted; for them, these cries of inferiority are pushing equality even further into the future. They may be inferior, certainly, but their inferiority is in their hearts and in their head, not in their reproductive organs.

And if the Shuar are correct, if it will take the rise of womankind to declare "enough!" in a world approaching a consumerist meltdown, then your low self-esteem is endangering civilization itself. And all that men have built. This is no time for misplaced humility, for the toxic self-deprecation that has cost so many women their clitorises, their livelihoods and their lives. It is time to do our very, very best.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:13 pm

And I've already caught eight grammatical and spelling errors re-reading that. How many can the gentlemen catch? If you catch ten, does that mean you're superior to me?

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby svizzerams » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:46 am

But woman keeps men and babies from starving by gathering when he fails at hunting. She invented agriculture...
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby svizzerams » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:59 am

I just finished reading this book: The Feminine Mistake by Leslie Bennetts.

Which is why my motto has been for a long time: "a woman's greatest asset is an education"....

I like having choice in my life. And I didn't want to be dependent on anyone if I could help it.

Couple of reviews below:

It would be easy to dismiss this as yet another salvo in the mommy wars-—the debate over women opting out of careers to be stay-at-home moms. But Bennetts, a longtime journalist and writer for Vanity Fair, is more interested in investigating what she sees as the heart of the matter: economics. Through impressive research and interviews with experts and with real women, Bennetts shows that women simply cannot afford to quit their day jobs. Long-term loss of income has a cascading impact in areas such as medical benefits and retirement funds, not to mention a woman's sense of autonomy, derived from financial independence. Further, a career supplies a woman with a measure of security for herself and her children in the event of unexpected sickness or divorce. As any woman who has tried knows, returning to the workforce and finding a well-paying job after an absence of years, or even decades, is difficult. Not so long ago mothers would pin a dollar bill to their daughters' underclothes when they went out on a date in case, for some reason, they needed carfare home. Those mothers knew all to well that without money of your own it's easy to be left stranded. As Bennetts expertly shows, it's still true.

Many well-educated American women are giving up the struggle to balance career and motherhood and making the "willfully retrograde choice" of relying on men to support them and their children, Bennetts maintains. Financial dependency can jeopardize women's futures and those of their children, she warns. Drawing on interviews with hundreds of women as well as sociologists, economists, legal scholars, and other experts, Bennetts lays out the dangers of giving up careers. She looks at how new divorce laws have altered alimony, reducing the likelihood of a lifetime guarantee of support for stay-at-home mothers after divorce. She details the impact of a loss of income on medical and retirement benefits and weighs it against lifelong financial needs. Bennetts encourages women to consider a "fifteen-year paradigm," viewing their lives beyond the years of motherhood and asking themselves what they want from life when their children are grown and gone. Allowing women to tell their own stories of economic abandonment, Bennetts presents a cautionary tale for women pondering giving up economic independence.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby marie-angelique » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:51 am

You have a lot of free time at work, eh friendlyskies?

The bad things that happen to women in the 3rd world are not simply because they are viewed as less smart. Its part of a whole package of lame views about women as inferior beings altogether which is part of any fundamentalist or backwards society. You are going to solve their problems by convincing the men that the women are smarter? How are you going to do that?

Men suffer from low self esteem too, they just dont tend to admit it as readily.

In the first world it doesnt matter. I have yet to read a convincing article about the statistics that women make less than men for equal work. How do you measure equal work?

And how on earth would you presume to measure who is smarter?

I know my punctuation sucks, it aint cause im not smart, slovenian keyboard, feh!!
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby SRR » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:49 pm

fgm echoes some similar statements of Canadian women, specifically because of a media selection bias we have in this country, where female accomplishments are treated with much more regard than male accomplishments. If you look at news reports from Canada, as well as newspaper articles in general, the vast majority of culture and sports outside is devoted to women. Thus, Canadian society has been inundated with the ideal that the feminized society is the superior one, that male accomplishments are either few or are less important overall. Therefore it's quite easy to see how a Canadian female could perceive herself to be "superior" to males, since this is what our media and certain levels of government promote. Far from achieving equality, the women's rights movement in Canada has managed to strip men of some of their rights. Thus Fgm's statements may seem strange to those who do not know the country, but it is really a simple effect of trying to achieve women's rights by destroying men's rights. In this situation the other gender loses, which means we all ultimately lose, but the overall arc of Feminazism was never true equality in the first place.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby coldharvest » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:15 am

Thus, Canadian society

You mean Canadian urban society.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby michelle in alaska » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:54 am

m.a.--is that a santa from your travels?

....and is he christian or muslim??? :)))))[/img]
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe