For atheists with a God complex

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Postby Fansy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:07 am

I've definitely seen some faggotry perpetrated on this forum, but you people take the cake!

Faggotry

1.) A term used to describe deviant (usually clandestine) sexual events between (some) clergymen amongst themselves, and at times with young boys; usually used in conjunction with elaborate cover-ups, scheming, outright denial, no shame, and the "Priestly Collar of Silence"

2.) See "Lavender Mafia"

1.) WOW! Kiddie-diddlers unite! That was a gallant display of faggotry by the bishop, on his OWN behalf by hiring that coke-whore for $800 a day for the last four months. Too bad the crumbling cathedral has had scaffolding and police tape around it since 1997. What an eyesore! At least he got to stroke his own ego with his wanton display of gayness.

2.) With much faggotry, Old Mother Hubbard sat in her cupboard, munching away on a Clark bar.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

sri lankybecomes his own subject title

Postby denise » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:33 pm

fansy, dear, i really think you should stick with merriam-webster.

it's for your own good.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:58 am

I think it was COLKKW who used the term "lavender walls".

God can be such an asshole sometimes.

Lately my God has been the Cosmic Jokesta....I have to lighten the fuck up even if it kills me.
Sri Lanky

who is the asshole?

Postby denise » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:01 am

imagine an eternity without laughter, osama.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Have you ever noticed medieval drawings of heaven and hell?

Hell looks like so much fun....like an orgy.

Heaven looks glum and boring.
Sri Lanky

Postby redharen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:58 pm

Certainly there's more fascination with the idea of Hell than Heaven because it's a religiously-sanctioned outlet for getting all imaginative about all the ways a person can be tortured. Dante's Inferno is but one part of a three-part story, but who remembers the other two?

By the same token, Paradise Lost by John Milton is one of the great works of English literature, and its greatest and most intricate character by far is that of Satan. Shoot, for that matter, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, which is the greatest film ever made, is really more the story of Tuco than of anyone else.

Although I will say a great story about heaven and hell is The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis. It makes heaven sound a lot more interesting. But again, most of the story takes place in Hell, although you don't realize it until you get a little way in.
redharen
small ax

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:46 pm

True faith means being able to let go of the idea of God.
Sri Lanky

Postby redharen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:39 pm

If you can balance a tackhammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a well-balanced attack.
redharen
small ax

Postby michelle in alaska » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:54 am

By the same token, Paradise Lost by John Milton is one of the great works of English literature, and its greatest and most intricate character by far is that of Satan. Shoot, for that matter, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, which is the greatest film ever made, is really more the story of Tuco than of anyone else.

redharen, i agree with you on almost everything. especially that Yahweh thing.
However, after seeing this flick only 15 or 20 times, as a youngster, there's no comparing Tuco with The Man With No Name... :))))

Do ya feel lucky? Do ya....HOMBRE!?

No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby redharen » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:33 pm

michelle in alaska wrote:redharen, i agree with you on almost everything. especially that Yahweh thing.
However, after seeing this flick only 15 or 20 times, as a youngster, there's no comparing Tuco with The Man With No Name... :))))

I'm not sure which YHWH thing you're referring to, but thanks.

You're right that Tuco isn't nearly as cool, but as I've gotten older, I've come to believe that he's the deepest and most interesting character in the movie. The Man With No Name also has no real morals, no clear motivations -- that's what makes him interesting in his own right, but really, there's not much to him. He's there to look good, to be cheered for, to move the story along.

But Tuco is the opposite of the Man Wiith No Name -- he's actually got a huge name: Tuco Benedito Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez. He's the rat of the movie, constantly being put down and beaten down by everyone. It's his neck at the end of the rope, over and over. But he stands up for himself, in his own way, and we find out that his becoming a bandit is more respectable than his brother choosing to become a priest. And whose face do we see in the very last shot of the movie?

redharen
small ax

Postby michelle in alaska » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:02 am

I'm not sure which YHWH thing you're referring to, but thanks.

Apologies. I forgot about the 'no vowels' thing.

I obviously need to see this flick again. I am making it my weekend project. One of my sons has the 'deluxe anniversary dvd edition.' (which means it has 'extras'==like trailers in BOTH english and itialian). :)

Wasn't thinking about the moral implications at the time. ie. Priest. My teenage crush never led me to analyze anything beyond how great Clint looked. *confession*--i held a taperecorder (remember those!) up to the tv at one showing, to tape the soundtrack.
Listened to it for months.
I have yet to decipher the personal impact movies like this can have on a tender young psyche. Horses. Men. Guns. raaawwwrr.
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:10 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:You don't need you to have a sun rise or peace either.

There is no you to need you.

Well someone must be typing all this twaddle
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Caliban » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:11 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:True faith means being able to let go of the idea of God.

Here here ! Lets start a cult.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Previous

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe