lost in space

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Postby Gopi » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:41 pm

The strength of a nation is derived from the integrity of its homes.
- Confucius
Gopi
Global Warmer

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:14 am

When you see someone babbling in tongues they are expressing the chaos and absurdity of all that energy being emitted from a star.....same thing.

How many times have you wanted to do something like that?.....get drunk and do the Red River jig or something.
Sri Lanky

Postby coldharvest » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:57 am

Sri Lanky wrote:When you see someone babbling in tongues they are expressing the chaos and absurdity of all that energy being emitted from a star.....same thing.

pretty much...the expulsion of excess energy
How many times have you wanted to do something like that?

it comes and goes
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby redharen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:When you see someone babbling in tongues they are expressing the chaos and absurdity of all that energy being emitted from a star.....same thing.

How many times have you wanted to do something like that?.....get drunk and do the Red River jig or something.

Interesting way of putting it, Sri...although I view it more as the vocal expression of things deep down that can't be spoken in words. Whether the origin of such things is spiritual or merely psychological (though you can't divorce the two), I don't know.
redharen
small ax

Postby nowonmai » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:15 am

Two kinds of people in this world; stars and black holes. Always bet on black.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jäeger » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:48 pm

Organic life is the biggest handicap to space exploration. I think before our distant descendants head out there they will have cleared the path with self-replicating and conscious machines.

I think that before we develop pure machines of that calibre, we will develop a type of direct neural interface. Robotic or cyborg bodies will come along before any type of “conscious” AI will be developed. Once it is only necessary to support only the brain, (and maybe splice in some genetic engineering to produce a hibernation state as well) our new “bodies’” life-spans will be more than sufficient for prolonged space travel.

I don’t know if it will happen in our lifetimes, but I also don’t know that it is really that far off either. Look at the known military research on exoskeletons and the fly-by-wire technology for examples of how far along we already are. It is difficult to predict these things with any certainty, but I’m reminded of when my Baba was a little girl at the turn of the century. People hadn’t even achieved flight back then, and before she died passenger flights were commonplace, along with the internet and space travel. Things that were inconceivable earlier. With the pace of current technological progress I’m hopeful that with some luck we will see even more “impossible” accomplishments in our lifetimes.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Re: lost in space

Postby Caliban » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:32 pm

Pam wrote:Last night I watched a video at the Mt Cook planetarium about the stars and the universe.

When you see how many stars are out there I don't see how people can still not believe in other races on other planets. We would have to be very naive to think we are the only living creatures in the universe.

I took a reincarnation course about 20 years ago. It was the first time I ever was presented with the thought of past lives being connected to a different universe.

They compared it to the spoke of a wheel. You are in the centre and each spoke (?) leads to a different past lives.

They said that each person you encounter in your life are people that you have probably had many lives with. When I have done past life regressions my husband, son and daughter are often in those lives in different roles.

At the meditation retreat the concept of disliking someone on sight came up. I have often had that feeling and also the opposite, the feeling of sadness when I have met someone and realized I would never see them again.

When I was about 20 I was lying in bed one night and my boyfriend came home with a Russian couple. The woman comes into my bedroom and starts inspecting my teeth and was very pleased to meet me. I finally got up as I was uncomfortable with her in my bedroom. She was going on and on about knowing me and how we should meet sometime. By then I was freaking out thinking this person was crazy. She was so upset because she knew I was never going to call her and she would never see me again. Honestly I had not clue what to think. Many years later as I was walking across the street a young woman asked me what time it was. I told her and after she left I suddenly felt so sad I started to cry because I knew I would never see her again. At that moment I realized how the Russian lady had felt. Though we have no conscious memory of these events our subconscious does.

When you look at the whole picture it makes some things in life so inconsequential.

Theres one you and then you die. Sorry
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Previous

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe