The Golden Ratio, Fibonacci retracements, and life

Exploration of Conspiracy Theories from Perspective of Esoteric Traditions

Moderator: yorick

Postby NIJ » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:15 pm

While I would love to join the conversation with Yorick and Sri Lanky, I have absolutely no idea what they are driving at. It is obviously a deeper, although I suspect tangential, consideration than I am capable of at the moment.

That aside, I have been reading Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid as suggested by Fansy. While it is not directly relevant to the current subject it is nevertheless fascinating in it's own respect and indirectly relevant for other reasons. Namely, the idea that all of our current foundations in theory, in all systems, is severely inadequate to encompass universal truth. I believe this implication supports the idea that there is an underlying fundamental concept of everything.

Furthermore, it has impressed upon me the extreme difficulty of conceiving a principle by the study of its implications. While this method has shown some success in various disciplines of complexity study (most spectacularly in cryptography), it considerably more complex outside of strict frameworks. Consider weather for an example. We currently attempt to predict weather based on external events and not the actual sources since we are too far removed from any concept such as the first breath of wind, or the first solar radiation.

Whatever the case, I highly recommend the book to anyone who wants a formal education in informal (or vice versa) systems.
"You have to consider we're only made out of dust. But even considering, I mean it's a sort of bad beginning, we're not doing too bad." - PKD, The 3 Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch
NIJ
BFCus Regularus

Postby shivers » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:34 am

Fansy wrote:pi is good for the soundtrack, for the antiquated computer hardware, and for the cheesy Kabbalah toughs. Otherwise it's sorta painful to sit through.

Which is why I would not recommend paying full price at the theatre, like I did.
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby SRR » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:48 am

Actually, what I'm getting at is that the market is absolutely predictable. We just don't know how to predict it.

I'm pretty sure it involves throwing chicken bones against a mud wall and jumping around like a goddamned maniac, but the exact number of maniac jumping-arounds, or number of maniacs involved, is open to dispute.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby NIJ » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:31 am

SRR wrote:I'm pretty sure it involves throwing chicken bones against a mud wall and jumping around like a goddamned maniac, but the exact number of maniac jumping-arounds, or number of maniacs involved, is open to dispute.

Exactly.
"You have to consider we're only made out of dust. But even considering, I mean it's a sort of bad beginning, we're not doing too bad." - PKD, The 3 Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch
NIJ
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:23 pm

I agree with you on Rand,Yorick.

It's difficult for people to see beyond the rational thought level. Rand's reality is very limited....a very small portion of the truth.

As for the transrational,which most people mistake as irrational,we have to listen more to indigenous peoples who still have their traditions intact.

"Roll up the world and start anew"...this is the Sioux vision.

Another tribe in South America is very sensitive to what's going on......I forget what they are called. The men have absolutely no facial hair....very little dichotomy between male and female. According to them we are murdering the world.

The Mayans and the Hindu both predicted the end of a cycle soon......many,many years ago.

But it all comes down to duality/nonduality. It starts with the individual and spreads into the world.

We aren't in the universe.....the universe is in us.

The future becomes the present and the present becomes the past.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:01 pm

The past becomes the present and the present becomes the future.

The past becomes the future and the future becomes the past.

All are true.

Linear time is an illusion created by the mind.

How can there be time when the world is timeless?
Sri Lanky

Postby yorick » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:26 pm

Meanwhile is this the only world we will ever know?

Lemurian anscestors of native americans were described as having powers over all forms of natural energy, capable of moving monolyths with their minds. Also metaphysically creating populations of critters through environmental kinship with them. Hence philosophy enduring today that every living thing represents manifestation of perfected energy form. Buddha was Lemurian.

Arguably what we're stuck with today is Veterans of Future Wars. Even with planet earth possessing near infinite capabilities - it's probly not the only world we've ever known.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:32 pm

Future wars may be based on how well American leadership creates a global system which can easily accomodate a rising China.

These powers,which can be tapped from within us(because the universe is in us),are to be used sparingly.
Sri Lanky

Postby coldharvest » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:59 pm

Buddha was Lemurian.

.....what?
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:31 am

This power,which could be regarded as personal power but you don't own it,isn't supposed to be used at all according to Zen masters. You allow this power to use you.....because it is more powerful than any human,it can't really be explained though it can explain you.

I have no idea what it is but again,watch your mind and you may get a sniff of it....but don't hang onto it. Let it go like anything else.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:42 am

Oh yes,when you dream try to control what your hands are doing in that dream.

That is Castenada's technique.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:07 am

I apologise for rambling here.

About 6 years ago I was trying these techniques when a Sioux medicine woman completely invaded my universe. Everything was turned inside out. It was like something in the universe was playing a cruel joke on us. I think we misused this power.

The Hindu call it a Kundalini awakening. Your spine is the snake....and it can bite back.

My last girlfriend is Cree....her mother,who is a medicine person,said she never saw such a snake jump out of her.

The sexual energy was unbelievable. I learned that sex isn't just sex.
Sri Lanky

Postby coldharvest » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:07 am

Sri Lanky wrote:Oh yes,when you dream try to control what your hands are doing in that dream.

That is Castenada's technique.

Try to read as well.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:14 am

I've never tried that though in a few instances I can recall some kind of gibberish.

I have great dream recall but can never remember what I've read if it happens to happen.
Sri Lanky

Postby coldharvest » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:21 am

Sri Lanky wrote:I've never tried that though in a few instances I can recall some kind of gibberish.

same here
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

PreviousNext

Return to Tin-Foil Hat Cafe